• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What , .30 caliber full power battle rifles no longer kill/ disable enemy soldiers ? Maxims are no longer reliable and durable ? 7.62 x 25 no longer has flatter trajectory and deeper penetration than 9 x 19 ?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Some of the early posts of the FREE guns that were being handed out clearly had pictures of mosin models, or similar.

There was also a Brit article today.. maybe BBC, I think, that bad various oddities like the a set of ww2 Russian burp guns and a number of older models. The article said some were being grabbed from museums. Hope they have ammo for some of those older ones.

Wonder how those models would fair as good and useful to a militia and in relation to 2a protected. Vs the NFA ?

Good to see these old things fulfilling their destiny.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Just as long as they don't use those captured G/K 43 rifles. Still hoping to see them imported to the US.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Just as long as they don't use those captured G/K 43 rifles. Still hoping to see them imported to the US.

I hope to see the Ukrainian citizens hold onto those weapons and establish their own right to bear arms, and finally understand the reason why free people should have and excercise that right.

But then, might be cool if some of them made their way here! I'm personally a fan of American made weapons that my family members carried, but all battle weapons are pretty darn cool.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville

Hell, have you seen what SVT-40s are selling for these days? With 11k in Ukraine and no restrictions, like those placed on Russia, they could have been exported to the US. I'd trade a plane Jane AK47 or 74 to them for a SVT-40.

noddaz

bonehead
    Jan 9, 2014
    Arnold
    Egads. But like was said in the video "any weapon is better than none".

Has anyone compiled a list of all the light weapons used in Ukraine so far? It must be quite a list.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Hell, have you seen what SVT-40s are selling for these days? With 11k in Ukraine and no restrictions, like those placed on Russia, they could have been exported to the US. I'd trade a plane Jane AK47 or 74 to them for a SVT-40.

I’d love to see those SVT40s find their way here

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The Soviets rarely if ever threw anything away. Their former client states were well equipped with military equipment…whether nominally obsolete or not. The Ukraine and many other former Soviet bloc countries probably have mucho older weaponry in storage depots. All it would take is to gain entry and help oneself and issue it around.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    The Soviets rarely if ever threw anything away. Their former client states were well equipped with military equipment…whether nominally obsolete or not. The Ukraine and many other former Soviet bloc countries probably have mucho older weaponry in storage depots. All it would take is to gain entry and help oneself and issue it around.

If I remember right, the last few batches of Mosins came from there. If it is the country I am thinking of, it was said they was getting to the last batches of them and those hadnt weather to well.

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Shortly after the 91/30 pipeline dried up, one of our former IPs told me the Ukies had blown the salt mines near Luhansk and Donetsk where their last massive hoards of MNs were stored, with much 7.62x54r. It wasn't so much to bury the rifles and ammunition as it was to destroy the rocket launchers, RPGs and other, much newer, Warsaw Pact weaponry that was parked in upper galleries of the mines. So, anyway, that was their story. At least a thousand years from now, archaeologists can excavate the ammunition and it will still work.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    In this video of some locals stealing a stranded Russian command truck, one dude has what appears to be an SVT-40 with a homemade suppressor.(around 0:50)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

But there are restrictions on importing them from Ukraine. The current version of the 1996 Voluntary Restraint Agreement with the Russian Federation means that any firearms manufactured in the USSR or located in certain former Soviet Republic countries cannot be imported unless on the approved model list. SVT-40s, SKSs, and M91 long rifle Mosins are not on the approved list.

https://tcc.export.gov/Trade_Agreements/All_Trade_Agreements/exp_005371.asp

https://regulations.atf.gov/447-52/2018-27763#447-52-d

1. Any firearm located or manufactured in Georgia, Kazakstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan, and any firearm previously manufactured in the Soviet Union, that is not one of the models listed below:

i.Pistols/Revolvers:

A. German Model P08 Pistol.

B. IZH 34M, .22 caliber Target Pistol.

C. IZH 35M, .22 caliber Target Pistol.

D. Mauser Model 1896 Pistol.

E. MC-57-1 Pistol.

F. MC-1-5 Pistol.

G. Polish Vis Model 35 Pistol.

H. Soviet Nagant Revolver.

I. TOZ 35, .22 caliber Target Pistol.

ii.Rifles:

A. BARS-4 Bolt Action Carbine.

B. Biathlon Target Rifle, .22LR caliber.

C. British Enfield Rifle.

D. CM2, .22 caliber Target Rifle (also known as SM2, 22 caliber).

E. German Model 98K Rifle.

F. German Model G41 Rifle.

G. German Model G43 Rifle.

H. IZH-94.

I. LOS-7 Bolt Action Rifle.

J. MC-7-07.

K. MC-18-3.

L. MC-19-07.

M. MC-105-01.

N. MC-112-02.

O. MC-113-02.

P. MC-115-1.

Q. MC-125/127.

R. MC-126.

S. MC-128.

T. Saiga Rifle.

U. Soviet Model 38 Carbine.

V. Soviet Model 44 Carbine.

W. Soviet Model 91/30 Rifle.

X. TOZ 18, .22 caliber Bolt Action Rifle.

Y. TOZ 55.

Z. TOZ 78.

AA. Ural Target Rifle, .22LR caliber.

BB. VEPR Rifle.

CC. Winchester Model 1895, Russian Model Rifle;

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I hope to see the Ukrainian citizens hold onto those weapons and establish their own right to bear arms, and finally understand the reason why free people should have and excercise that right.

But then, might be cool if some of them made their way here! I'm personally a fan of American made weapons that my family members carried, but all battle weapons are pretty darn cool.

Ukrainian citizens were already decently armed before the conflict.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_law_in_Ukraine

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom