• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Well I just got my first two YHM demo cans to try out. Boy oh boy, I really like them. The 308 Phantom is just plain sweet. I put it on my Remington SPS Tactical 308 and gave it a whirl on the 300yd range. Despite my lack of a steady hand, I still managed to shoot under 4" groups at 300yds with the suppressor on. All that, and no ear protectors needed ;) It's a bit heavy compared to some others, but suppresses on par with most that I have heard. Best of all it is full auto rated and can handle up to the 300 Remington Ultra Mag. For the price, I think these cans are a great value. On the Cobra 2 45 can, I also think it is a nice can for the money. Shooting dry I believe there are some slightly quieter cans out there, but they are much more expensive. Shooting wet, well you just have to hear it to believe it. I tested it on my FNP Tactical. It cycles well with standard 230gr ball ammo. I have noticed a little change in the accuracy, but the YHM can has a booster that allows you to adjust the poi change. I am still fooling with it to see if I can get the accuracy a little better. I will see if I can get some video up some time this week.

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    With the Phantom work with an AK?

Yes. If you get the QD model you can get mounts for pretty much anything with a threaded barrel. I plan to get(and stock) mounts for AK and MSAR rifles. I have one on it's way to allow it to go on AR rifles, and will have them in stock as well.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Dog gone it, I might have to come visit you this fall, Since the trust is proven good by the BATFE.

I have a priority for this summer, once that's taken care of, this will be next on the list. :thumbsup:

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Has BTFE fixed or changed its policy with respect to the QD mounts. I may be wrong, but I heard some time back that each QD mount was also considered the suppressor, so that a tax stamp would be required for each rifle that the suppressor was mounted on. What happened with that idea?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I'm waiting on my form 4 for my YHM 762 Phantom. Got my QD mounts for my M1A and a spare for one of my AR's. Problem is it came with a mount for an AR10. Now I'm going to have to buy a REPR for that mount.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Has BTFE fixed or changed its policy with respect to the QD mounts. I may be wrong, but I heard some time back that each QD mount was also considered the suppressor, so that a tax stamp would be required for each rifle that the suppressor was mounted on. What happened with that idea?

That's settled. No problem with multiple mounts now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom