• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    I just got my Phantom QD... I just thought I would throw a couple of pictures out there... it seems like I couldn't find enough pics when I was waiting on my Form 4 to clear so maybe this will indulge someone in the same situation.... enjoy!

2empldu.jpg

a3nu38.jpg

2i6ml49.jpg

- Clint

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Nice! 7.62 I presume? How's the weight on an AR platform? I am looking to get the same primarily for use with bolt-guns but also for some here and there dual-use on my AR's.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    It's actually the 5.56... it's probably the angle that makes it look like the bigger 7.62 can.... If my dealer gets the 7.62 Titanium one in I'll probably pick it up.

I didn't really intend on buying the 5.56 but I happened to walk into my dealer's store one day and he had it on the counter... he asked me if I wanted it and when asked how much he said "$450"... I reached into my front pocket and came out with $450... and he handed me back a receipt and a Form 4... :innocent0 :D

- Clint

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ohh my, I think I'm going to be spending some more money in the near future. Have you shot it yet?, if so, how well is it suppressing?

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    I got the call that my Form 4 was at my dealer at 3:40... at 3:45 I was driving to the gun shop... I had it in my hand at 3:55... and at 4:15 I was setting a target up at the local range... so yeah... I shot it already lol :lol2:

It makes 5.56 sound about like a .22 lr... it is hearing safe... it comes with 1 mount and if you want additional mounts they are about $75... I traded a guy on ARFcom for another mount, for 4 new P Mags... :party29:

- Clint

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Excellent..., I'm looking to get into the NFA fun myself, so thought I'd ask how you like it.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    Excellent..., I'm looking to get into the NFA fun myself, so thought I'd ask how you like it.

From all the reading that I've done, it's a pretty indestructible suppressor. It's Full Auto rated... They also offer it in Stainless or Titanium. For a starter can I believe it's one of the best deals on the market for a QD suppressor.

- Clint

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    With that mount, is that a dedicated 5.56 mount, or could it also accept a 7.62 can?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ok, that's good to know, I'm looking to suppress my 16" 5.56, but on Clandestine's advice I'll probably buy a 7.62 can to use.

This newb to NFA isn't quite as lost anymore.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    If I could do it over I would have bought the 7.62 first... it's kind of a non-point now, since I plan on buying one anyways... ;)

- Clint

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Kinda why I'm poking around in the NFA threads, I want to try to get this as right as I can the first time around, although I don't think it'd be last NFA purchase to be honest.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    YHM makes great products at a great price.

I've been using the 7.62 model on a 5.56 SBR. Sounds great, balances well on an 11.5" gun.

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Does the mount require any smith work, or is it simple threaded job? Im looking at the at the 7.62 for my 16" 5.56 carbine length BCM.

How is the gas blowback? Are you using a gasbuster, vented forward assist, or something?

Also, how does it run - pretty clean?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom