• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The York IWLA has posted their 2009 match schedule.
    Jan.11 (Sun.)
    Feb.8 (Sun.) all steel
    Mar.8 (Sun.) 7 stage pistol with 4 classifiers
    Apr.11 (Sat.) 5 stage pistol and 4 stage rifle (may shoot either or both )
    May 9 (Sat.) 7 stage pistol with 1 classifier ( carbine option )
    June 14 (Sat.) 5 stage pistol and 4 stage shotgun ( may shoot either or both )
    July 8-12 Steel Challenge
    Aug.9 (Sun.) 7 stage pistol with 1 classifier
    Sept.13 (Sun.) 7 stage pistol with 4 classifiers
    Oct.11 (Sun.) 5 stage pistol and 4 stage rifle ( may shoot either or both )
    Nov.8 (Sun.) 7 stage pistol with 1 classifier ( carbine option )

All the matches are for pistol and some of them can be shot using carbines, rifles or shotguns in addition to or in place of pistol.

Our annual 3 man team 3-gun match wil probably be on Oct. 24th but the date hasn't been finalized.

http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.org/
    http://www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

vwpilot

Nov 26, 2008
    Is there a website or a place to get contact info, address for the club and/or to sign up? Is pre-registration required? If I have shot IDPA/USPSA at other clubs, is there still a club safety check or orientation that needs to be done?

Thanks.

gibby

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2007
    Bel Air, MD
    I haven't shot IPSC in a couple of years. Adodson wants to get into it. Can he still take the safety course before the match and shot in it? Who do we contact?

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Is there a website or a place to get contact info, address for the club and/or to sign up? Is pre-registration required? If I have shot IDPA/USPSA at other clubs, is there still a club safety check or orientation that needs to be done?

http://www.yorkiwlaipsc.org/

Pre-registration is required. If you contact the match director and get put on the e-mail list you will get a notification prior to each match to sign up.
    If you've shot IPSC/IDPA before you should be OK.
    The Jan. and Feb. matches may be weather dependent.

http://www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com/

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Our first match of the year will be Sunday, January 11th. Set up for that match will begin at 12:00pm on that day, and shooting will begin immediately after. It will be an all steel affair, and most likely will be confined to the back pits. Match fees will be reduced, or may not exist at all for members who help set up. There will not be a classifier. We are planning on some man-on-man steel and some all steel uspsa stages. The format will be very relaxed. Everyone may do what ever they like, as much as they like, as long as they like. It is possible to use a lot of ammo on steel, particularly if the weather is agreeable.

Our thinking behind this:
    - There's no guarantee the weather will cooperate, so I don't want to get a bunch of time invested in a match that may not occur.
    - This time of year pasters don't stick well sometimes, and steel works in any weather.
    - By 12:00 it is warming up in the back pits and we're going to need all the warmth we can get, and this allows everyone to eat lunch beforehand so we don't have to worry about food.

vwpilot

Nov 26, 2008
    Do you need to pre-register? I sent an email to get on the mailing list, but have not received anything on this match.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Do you need to pre-register? I sent an email to get on the mailing list, but have not received anything on this match.

This is from an e-mail I received.>>>

A few important things I would like to pass on to you:

1. Our first match of the year MAY be Sunday, January 11th. Set up for that match will begin at 12:00pm on that day, and shooting will begin immediately after. It will be an all steel affair, and will be confined to the back pits. Match fee will be $5. There will not be a classifier. There will not be any scoresheets or advance sign up. The format will be very relaxed. We are planning on some man-on-man steel and maybe some all steel uspsa stages. Everyone may do what ever they like, as much as they like, as long as they like. It is possible to use a lot of ammo on steel, particularly if the weather is agreeable. Really this is just an excuse to blow the rust out of our barrels and get together again.

2. I say MAY have a match because if the weather doesn't cooperate we will cancel. I checked the long range forecast tonight and they are calling for 29 with a "realfeel of 11". That is unacceptable for me. The final decision will be made by 5:00pm Friday and will be posted to our blog at www.yorkpistol.blogspot.com

3. The blog has a lot of useful info on it. You should check it once in while. Quite often there are pictures from the most recent matches. You may find early invitations for our matches, and a lot of other useful information. We also occasionally list items that our shooters have for sale. (I will list yours for you if you like)

4. Our real website is www.yorkiwlaipsc.org That is where you will find results and the schedule. The tentative schedule will be posted there soon.

5. We are exploring hosting an RO class, and possibly a level 2 RO class this spring. If you are interested email me.

7. The sign-up email is yorksignup@gmaildotcom be sure to use it when the time comes.

I'll check their blog and post here on Friday.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The forecast for the range is snow. They won't be making a decision until Saturday by 5 p.m. if the match is on or not. I'll post here as soon as I find out.

Last edited:

RX-LBC

Jan 6, 2009
    Cow County
    New member here.

I am going to try to get out there Sunday for the Jan 11th shoot if only to see the club and the event.

Are shotguns welcome along with pistols?
    I am experienced in shotgun sports (Trap, Skeet Sporting), new to pistol competition though have been shooting for a while.

Any other requirements for a first timer shooting steel?

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    New member here.

I am going to try to get out there Sunday for the Jan 11th shoot if only to see the club and the event.

Are shotguns welcome along with pistols?
    I am experienced in shotgun sports (Trap, Skeet Sporting), new to pistol competition though have been shooting for a while.

Any other requirements for a first timer shooting steel?

Shotguns are fine (7 1/2 or smaller shot). You can shoot anything that won't damage the steel. This match is more informal than the regular matches and would be an opportunity for those who are interested in practical shooting to become familiar with the procedures and range commands.

Last edited:

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    I copied this from their blog:

Although I may regret it....

The weather weenies can't seem to come to a consensus, nor stick to a story, so here is what I'm a gonna' do.

Tomorrow at High Noon, I will be sitting in my nice warm car at the gate of the back pits. If folks show up to brave the cold, we'll shoot something until we get tired of the cold (it could be interesting with all the steel frozen in place). If no one shows, which is ok too, I'll leave at 12:15p, go home, lite a fire and take a nap. Don't feel obligated to show up if you are a fair weather shooter. I only live 15 minutes from the range, so it's no big deal for me to be there.

Remember, you can bring whatever, pistol, pistol carbine, .22 pistol or shotgun (7.5 and smaller), as long as it is safe for our steel. If you want to play with rifle, you are on your own up front (for club members only!). Tomorrow is unplanned playtime with our comrades in arms, a few rounds, a few laughs; no formal stages, no scoring. We will setup something we make up on the spot at noon, then shoot it, or a couple of its. There is no plan, but for some vague ideas. If we get a crowd, I'll charge $5 for maintenance on the steel, and some clays.

Remember, I will not have food or hot drinks, so bring your own supplies.

If you don't make it, don't fret, my Funshoot is only 2 weeks away, and you can come freeeeez there. I'll post about that in a week or so.

If you want to email me for whatever, I will check this eve, and tomorrow before I leave for the range, several times. iwlafunshoot1@comcastdotnet

cheers
    g

If anyone from here wants to go up, either post or PM me and I'll show you around. The Funshoots that they also have at the club are more accuracy based with no timers and are a mix of different formats.

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    Feb.8th match
    Copied from their blog:
    Things are more definite about Sunday. It will not be a serious match. There is still too much snow and ice on the ranges. Even with the warm days ahead the ground will not be suitable for any running.

We will however be shooting Sunday starting about noon. Three items of interest for you: 1. We won't charge a fee, and there will be no advance sign up. 2. We will be doing an impromtu USPSA clinic for aspiring new shooters, while current shooters may use all other ranges and the steel that is already set-up in the back. 3. Some of our guys are planning on bring competition rifles and shotguns to play with also.

Weather in the 50s, no fees, and no rules, other than safety. How could you miss it?

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    OK. I had searched the site and didn't see the 45xd tactical on this list only the 9mm tactical. Do they offer stuff for 13yrolds? My son and I are looking for something to do.
    Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom