• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I bought a gun from B'More Tactical at the York show about a year ago. I paid at the show and took the regular capacity magazine home with me. The following week I went to their store and started the paperwork, a week later I returned to their store and picked up my purchase.
    This is how it works.....

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Ok, I am going to put this out there, YOU ARE NOT AN FFL and you ABSOLUTELY do not know what you are talking about. As an out of state dealer you cannot transfer modern firearms at the show to another dealer during the show. You may transfer them ahead of the show to a Licensed PA FFL for the show. I'll be happy to explain any of it to you at the show, come see me! As stated in my above post, starting the paerwork for a handgun while out of state could be construed as acting outside of the scope of your FFL license and I for one will not do it.
    That's beyond fvcking stupid

Not your doing obviously. Damned senseless rules.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yeah, kinda silly I have a "Federal firearm's license" that I can use to buy something in any State, but can only sell in MD where I'm licensed....
    Does it explicitly say you can't start the transfer out of state or as you say are you just unwilling to risk it because the language is ambiguous?

I bought a gun from B'More Tactical at the York show about a year ago. I paid at the show and took the regular capacity magazine home with me. The following week I went to their store and started the paperwork, a week later I returned to their store and picked up my purchase.

This is how it works.....
    Interesting. I knew the FFL couldn't submit the paperwork from out of state, but thought the 4473 and 77r could be started out of state, with the caveat the FFL couldn't submit the 77r until back in state. My understanding was, as I'll explain below..
    I see a Hi Point .40 at a MD dealer's table at the York show on Saturday and decide I want it. I already have my 77r and PIN ready to go. I fill out the 4473 at the show and give my 77r info to the MD FFL. Once the show is over and the FFL is back home/shop, he does the 77r submission and my 7 day wait starts at that point. I did not know three steps were required: pay at gun show, fill out paperwork at MD shop, return to MD shop after 7 days with the not disapproved status.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Interesting. I knew the FFL couldn't submit the paperwork from out of state, but thought the 4473 and 77r could be started out of state, with the caveat the FFL couldn't submit the 77r until back in state. My understanding was, as I'll explain below..
    I see a Hi Point .40 at a MD dealer's table at the York show on Saturday and decide I want it. I already have my 77r and PIN ready to go. I fill out the 4473 at the show and give my 77r info to the MD FFL. Once the show is over and the FFL is back home/shop, he does the 77r submission and my 7 day wait starts at that point. I did not know three steps were required: pay at gun show, fill out paperwork at MD shop, return to MD shop after 7 days with the not disapproved status.
    I suspect it all hinges on where you are when you pay the $10 fee to MSP.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Does it explicitly say you can't start the transfer out of state or as you say are you just unwilling to risk it because the language is ambiguous?
    No it does not that I am aware of, however the way the Government is trying to slam dealers right now I am not taking any chances.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    You cannot submit a 77r application to the MSP unless the customer is standing in front of, this I know for sure. It sucks as it means the customer has to make 2 trips to the dealers store in the process, but I guess if it's something you really want you'll have to do what is needed.

You cannot submit a 77r application to the MSP unless the customer is standing in front of, this I know for sure. It sucks as it means the customer has to make 2 trips to the dealers store in the process, but I guess if it's something you really want you'll have to do what is needed.
    Bold and underlined comments by me clarified I was unaware of this; not that I thought you were wrong.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It was crowded...maybe the rain was a factor. Lots of vendors, and mostly gun stuff :party29: I bought some ammo, boxes, and accessories. There were indeed guns of all flavors to be had, but that was not in my budget this trip.

Prices...well...I thought they were a little high overall, but compared to what? Prices on everything are high these days. The last several gun shows I've been to have seemed high(er than what I'd like). At some point high prices become the market :shrug:

I'm definitely glad I went.

There was a lot of this "New Republic" ammo around. Anybody know anything about it?

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Went today very crowded. Seen powder and primers, found some Gen 1 Armalite magazines that I have been looking for. M1 Carbine GI 15 round magazines a private seller had some for 20.00 each which is a good price now a days. South Carroll had some estate ammo they were selling very good prices I do not think the ammo lasted till lunch time. I thought it was a good show I guess it depends if you find what your looking for. There was a plently of stuff to see.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    There was a lot of this "New Republic" ammo around. Anybody know anything about it?
    Target Sports USA house brand. Don't know who makes it for them???

Affordable, semi-decent. Have shot some 45acp and 38 sp. It was OK target ammo.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If anybody stops by the MMI ammo table and sees low-ish priced .38sp, ask them what the deal is with the discolored cases and severe crimp is

20240303_110205.jpg
    20240303_110211.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom