• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I don't REALLY need any but was looking at 7.62x39 and prices were pretty high, I did not look at all the vendors but saw many for over $1 per round.
    I"m thinking to buy some in bulk as I expect the prices to go up for a few years.

I picked up some powder, Gen 2 Pmags for $10 and a larger cap Glock mag. While over the border, took the pmags and legally made my 9mm AR endomag larger than 10 rounds.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wol...bi-metal-fmj-steel-case-762wfmj-p-110076.aspx

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    Got a sporterized no4 mk1 with a pristine barrel for a good decent price (better then the rti sewer pipes!). Matching bolt and receiver. Other then that It was better then Gettysburg. Prices are what you expect but there were deals and it was packed had to steer my son around.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I found it a great show as usual. Most common calibers of ammo were available at typical current-day pricing Oodles of most every sort of gun or accessory anyone could want, well worth the trip.

VRC Racing

MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2009
    Ijamsville
    Had a good day at the show today. Arrived around 09:15 and the line was 200 people deep. Decided to go get some coffee and came back and hour later with no line.
    Picked up a glock 17 style upper for a polymar80 build. Found a what appears to be an unfired Kimper Goverment 82 complete with the required box cutter scar. I also picked up a new in the box Colt AR6721 AR15-A3.

-Russ

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    more vendors in room to the left. so that made the $10 fee better.. prices still pretty high but then again weird times in the world causing some of that...saw some 9mm ammo at less then $20 bucks for 50rds... primers still crazy prices... still great show for stuff we can't get here in MD..

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    more vendors in room to the left. so that made the $10 fee better.. prices still pretty high but then again weird times in the world causing some of that...

I noticed that too. The left side is usually only about 60-70% occupied, this time it was full.

Prices are getting better, but there are still a few of the folks selling ammo that think its 2020. Nobody is paying 10-20% over retail for your faded boxes when the shelves at Bass Pro and Rural King are full now, not to mention online orders.

Maybe when more people are looking and laughing than buying they'll get it.

JRisBundyboyz

Nov 23, 2007
    Bel Air
    First time attending. I went left first, didn’t even realize there was room on the right. Certainly biggest show I’ve been too. Turkish 9mm 300 per 1k. Full p80’s were 430ish. I spent twice what I intended I’d say best show I’ve ever been too.

What other shows compare to this?

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    First time attending. I went left first, didn’t even realize there was room on the right. Certainly biggest show I’ve been too. Turkish 9mm 300 per 1k. Full p80’s were 430ish. I spent twice what I intended I’d say best show I’ve ever been too.

None geographically, you’d have to go temporal to find the really amazing shows.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD

The Nation's Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center (next show is April 22/23/24) is a nice, big show. Advertised as 1300 tables.

Oaks, PA (next show is April1/2/3) is another big show, advertised as 1500 tables, but I've never made the ride up there yet.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    My son and I are heading up tomorrow. Never been there before so at the least, it'll good excuse to spend time together. He's looking for build parts and I'm looking for oddball ammo

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    My son and I are heading up tomorrow. Never been there before so at the least, it'll good excuse to spend time together. He's looking for build parts and I'm looking for oddball ammo

I've had good luck at york and harrisburg shows finding odd or old ammo. Also tend to be guys selling brass (rarely seen at md shows).

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Stopped in there yesterday--crowded ******* to elbows in both areas--had to go in the mens room for fresh air and room to breath! It was mobbed.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Had a good day at the show today. Arrived around 09:15 and the line was 200 people deep. Decided to go get some coffee and came back and hour later with no line.
    Picked up a glock 17 style upper for a polymar80 build. Found a what appears to be an unfired Kimper Goverment 82 complete with the required box cutter scar. I also picked up a new in the box Colt AR6721 AR15-A3.

-Russ

Stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel, planned to arrive approx 12 noon. No issues with parking, no lines, nobody out of merchandise. Good crowd but not packed. Been doing it this way for a couple years. Too old to stand in line for anything other than money. Lol!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Decent show, first time both halls were full of vendors in a while. Holy carp the politicians. One outside with a clipboard, and at the end of half the aisles, get within 50 feet and "what county are you registed to vote in", "take this pamplet, what is your address" around 2pm they were really obnoxious. Usually just a "no thanks" should suffice, but no they were going all in on the hard sale. 2A support is of course mandatory for my support, but what I really want from a politician is to leave me the F alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom