• Howard Co Fairgrounds

Votes: 17 21.0%
    • York PA Show

Votes: 64 79.0%

• Total voters

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Just because the price is listed at $14 doesn't mean that's what they will sell them at. I'm pretty sure I saw them and bought 3-4 of them @ 12/piece from one table though, that number wouldn't have stuck in my mind if I had to bargain with someone multiple times, which I do.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I think you'll find that deal no problem, <$40/3 if you take your time without rushing, or impulse buy.

A friend of mine got the arrogant O-light salesman to knock about $20 on a flash light and include a free pack of CR123 batteries, but we visited him twice and hung around for over 30 minutes total.

It's just like buying a car, no matter what the dealership makes money. You just got a lot less time to negotiate at a gun show. I don't know about this logic, but I think the best time to go is the last day of the show, within the last hour or two of the show closing.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I think you'll find that deal no problem, <$40/3 if you take your time without rushing, or impulse buy.

A friend of mine got the arrogant O-light salesman to knock about $20 on a flash light and include a free pack of CR123 batteries, but we visited him twice and hung around for over 30 minutes total.

It's just like buying a car, no matter what the dealership makes money. You just got a lot less time to negotiate at a gun show.
    Gun show negotiating is relatively easy. (compared to a car)
    1. Pull cash out of pocket
    2. Wave cash in dealer's face.
    3. Threaten to put cash back in pocket.

As for the mags, I've seen 3 pack pmags for as low $35 online, and window ones as low as $45 so that'll be my starting price point.

jcrusselljr

Aug 28, 2011
    I thought the York gun show sucked.

They squeezed the aisles so tight that if someone stopped to look at something the whole flow of traffic was jammed up. Anyone that has ever hosted more than a single show should understand the need to have space for two way traffic flow down an aisle while there are people standing at the booths on both sides of an aisle. The show was crowded, and that made the issue magnified.

That really impeded the ability to wander around the show and casually look at the vendors' stuff.

I'm surprised that whoever runs the show allowed for that kind of layout. I hope the didn't try and squeeze it into the smaller pavilion simply to pull more profit on running the show....

I won't be back.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I thought the York gun show sucked.

They squeezed the aisles so tight that if someone stopped to look at something the whole flow of traffic was jammed up.

That really impeded the ability to wander around the show and casually look at the vendors' stuff.

I'm surprised that whoever runs the show allowed for that kind of layout. I hope the didn't try and squeeze it into the smaller pavilion simply to pull more profit on running the show....

I won't be back.

it was PACKED...when we left at noon...the line to get in was about 50 deep. that was at noon. when i got there at 0930 it was about 80 deep. 600 tables in 2 large show rooms. its usually in one big room and thats too tight

Chromantix

Jan 29, 2011
    I just got back. Everything was good except the 1/2 mile trek going to/from carrying ammo, etc... I wanted to hijack the red Kawasaki from the french fry place just to save time!

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have to take up for Howard a little bit, there often are walk ins with interest guns. I am still kicking myself for not getting a M1 Carbine with a new GI barrel for $400 it was an Inland but still, cash machines were empty.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So I went to York and then ended up at Howard.
    York:
    -Too crowded, isles way too tight.
    -Did find a good price on .223
    -Saw a few in MDS gear, but it was way too crowded to try and introduce myself
    -Precision had lots of Magpul goodies, including a heap of pmags @$13:thumbsup:
    -The vendor with the olympic arms banner doesn't like my math
    -Top Hat didn't know why anyone would think he was retired

Howard:
    -Surprisingly busy
    -Prices a bit higher than York
    -I did find something I couldn't find at York, a black rear mbus.

All in all a good day.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    it was PACKED...when we left at noon...the line to get in was about 50 deep. that was at noon. when i got there at 0930 it was about 80 deep. 600 tables in 2 large show rooms. its usually in one big room and thats too tight

Was 2 rooms last year as well, but not nearly as many people at the same time on Saturday. But then, it was a touch colder last year, too, IIRC...

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    I wandered through the Howard show in about an hour so I decided to head up to York. Found a great deal on a .22 rifle so I picked that up along with a bunch of magazines. My father bought about half dozen knives between the two shows. All in all a great day.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I wandered through the Howard show in about an hour so I decided to head up to York. Found a great deal on a .22 rifle so I picked that up along with a bunch of magazines. My father bought about half dozen knives between the two shows. All in all a great day.

which was better in you opinion??

which one was worth the $$ if you had to choose one?

tjdreams

Dave
    Nov 28, 2008
    Rosedale
    We got to the York show around 8:45 and stood in line behind 300 + people. Made several trips back out to the truck before leaving around noon and their was never less than 40 to 50 people waiting in line to get in. It was packed but their were plenty of good deals to be had = (several trips to the truck) ;) Then I grabbed some lunch and headed out to the Howard Co show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mr88

Latest threads

Top Bottom