• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Registration is now open for York's June FunShoot (Saturday the 22th) at yorksignup@gmail.com.

This month will be 7 stages, beginning with 4 repeats in the back pits from this months totally awesome 3 gun match. We will then add some more clay, Bullesyeye/PPC work and whatever food I stumble across this week....maybe Oreos....

As usual you may shoot this as a pistol or carbine only, or most any combination of multigun you like (substitute pistol caliber carbine for centerfire rifles please).

There will be stage descriptions and scoring for those so inclined, as well as the ever popular IDC class.

We'll start off with registration at 8, shooting by 9am.

cost is $15 for adults, $5 for the under 18 folks.

Feel free to email with any questions.

gary

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Gary I would love to be there for your fun shoot since they are always AWESOME but my daughter has her state fastpitch tournament coming up and has practice Saturday so I'm out until August for fun shoots.
    G

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    (I just signed up.) Are shotguns also included on this? My crapped out at the last match and I need to run it to see if I fixed it.

As usual you may shoot this as a pistol or carbine only, or most any combination of multigun you like (substitute pistol caliber carbine for centerfire rifles please).

For the sake of clarity: I can shoot my center fire AR; The highlighted above is if you want to shoot at pistol targets with a rifle, correct?

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    (I just signed up.) Are shotguns also included on this? My crapped out at the last match and I need to run it to see if I fixed it.

For the sake of clarity: I can shoot my center fire AR; The highlighted above is if you want to shoot at pistol targets with a rifle, correct?

You certainly can run your shotty, you could even run it as a shotgun only course if you like, although you will be limiting yourself a bit, due to the presence of paper targets this month, and 2 stages where shotguns cannot be used. Of coures, given ammo availability......

It's all about choices.

Except this one. The restriction on rifles is absolute, only carbines/rifles chambered in pistol calibers (.22, 9mm, .40, .45 etc) are permitted on the range on FunShoot day. This is due the the danger of accidentally engaging a steel target with, say a .223/5.56. The shrapnel from the impact of a round of that velocity is dangerous, and we cannot risk an injury. This is a FunShoot thing. Then there is also the issue of making pretty little holes in our steel.....

See you Saturday

g

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    You certainly can run your shotty, you could even run it as a shotgun only course if you like, although you will be limiting yourself a bit, due to the presence of paper targets this month, and 2 stages where shotguns cannot be used. Of coures, given ammo availability......

It's all about choices.

Except this one. The restriction on rifles is absolute, only carbines/rifles chambered in pistol calibers (.22, 9mm, .40, .45 etc) are permitted on the range on FunShoot day. This is due the the danger of accidentally engaging a steel target with, say a .223/5.56. The shrapnel from the impact of a round of that velocity is dangerous, and we cannot risk an injury. This is a FunShoot thing. Then there is also the issue of making pretty little holes in our steel.....

See you Saturday

g

Ahh. OK. Shotgun and pistol it is. A .22LR carbine would work though, right?

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    could i use a ruger mark iii pistol with a red dot? would that fit in any classes or center fire only? also if i can use this what kind of range will the targets be set any past 20 or 30 yards if pistols only ?

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    could i use a ruger mark iii pistol with a red dot? would that fit in any classes or center fire only? also if i can use this what kind of range will the targets be set any past 20 or 30 yards if pistols only ?

yes, handgun classes are:

Centerfire Iron sighted
    Centerfire Scoped
    Rimfire Irons
    Rimfire Scoped
    In both auto and revolver.

A RedDot (even 1X) is considered a scope, on FunShoot day.

Pistol ranges will be within 15-20 yards, with one optional out at 25.

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    .30 Carbine being a unique caliber to the weapon and designed as a pistol replacement acceptable? Curious for future events since I am working this upcoming weekend.

.30 carbine is a border caliber, but has been deemed rifle equivalent for the purposes described here, so it is a no go. I share your disappointment, as I cannot run mine either. It really isn't about the intended firearm, it is about the bullet velocity at the close ranges we shoot steel.

sorry 'bout that.

g

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    This was my first "fun shoot" and for 3 gunners, there is no better practice! 3 gun stages with the flexability to shoot the gun you want to get in the practice you'd like? Priceless. This is DEFINITELY on my calender from now on. Thanks for setting these up, Gary. I can't believe I've waited this long to come to one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom