• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    A big thanks to shooter LeroyGibbs who donated his time and equipment and helped a few of us cut our teeth. The material support is much appreciated. And also to MarkP, ArmedFerret and Clandestine for providing inspiration and advice.

My first is finally done! Egyptian. Love the sight and trunnion/block markings on these. Very solid and heavy when assembled. I'm officially hooked. :party29:

Attachments

• egyptial-selectormarksSM.jpg
      egyptial-selectormarksSM.jpg
      77.2 KB · Views: 408
    • egyptian-sightsSM.jpg
      egyptian-sightsSM.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 404
    • egyptianSM.jpg
      egyptianSM.jpg
      111.5 KB · Views: 398

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    the wife likes the flooring. i like the gun. funny thing here; i have a mac 90 with the thumb-hole stock and realize now that it is a unique stock. was thinking about getting some new furniture, but i have changed my mind. nonetheless, nice piece.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I think my first was pretty skanky compared to yours...LOL

I think i'm in LOVE!!!! that is a sweet Maadi!!! can you take more pics of the egyptian writing...I like that alot. what model is it and who is the importer??

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    No offense, but I Hate You....Dammit now I need an AK!!!!!!! Oh yeah Very nice and Cograts..:) and I don't hate you just hard to see with these "green eyes".

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Don't know what I had to do with it, but it looks awesome... congrats!

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    FPS, here's a better photo of the factory markings. The ones on the receiver I did myself with a Dremel. You can see how beat up some of the parts are a little better here, I'll eventually refinish it but will keep that "battlefield pickup" look.

The cool thing about building is the availability of unusual parts kits. These were made at the Maadi arsenal in Egypt. They are non-matching, and I used a Romanian takeoff barrel. This had to be headspaced the the trunnion and the barrel pin drilled oversize, which was much easier than I thought it would be. Has a US FCG, receiver, grip, and slant brake for 922(r) compliance.

Before starting this project, I had never operated either a drill press or a shop press. A few of us all got similar kits and shared equipment and knowledge to get here. Definitely a labor of love, it's not any cheaper than buying a WASR and a heck of a lot more work!

Attachments

• egyptian-trunnionSM.jpg
      egyptian-trunnionSM.jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 259
    • egyptian-aluminumSM.jpg
      egyptian-aluminumSM.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 262

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Don't know what I had to do with it, but it looks awesome... congrats!
    Inspiration my friend. Sometimes just seeing what someone else has accomplished is enough to light a fire in others.

Awesome the full auto selector notch made me do a double take.
    No third axis pin, so I'm kosher! No ATF agents were harmed in the making, though I did consult with a few.

Last edited:

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Inspiration my friend. Sometimes just seeing what someone else has accomplished is enough to light a fire in others.

No third axis pin, so I'm kosher! No ATF agents were harmed in the making, though I did consult with a few.

Haha that third pin is exactly what I looked for next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom