• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colonel129

Aug 15, 2013
    Baltimore City
    Glock 17 was the first handgun I ever bought. I like the fact that it's a Glock; it's low maintenance, lightweight, and reliable. The grip angle and the trigger takes a little bit of time to get used to, though.

^This^
    I just purchased my first handgun (picked it up Monday)... I also love the 17 round mag.

DEX

scruffy-lookin nerfherder
    Aug 16, 2013
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Ruger p95 (9mm) w/ blued steel. Very easy to take apart and clean, just enough weight to let you know that you're holding a gun but fairly low recoil, plus very little in the way of misfeeds w/ the mags (happens sometimes but it's usually after the gun is allowed to get too hot). Still love the gun. It just goes to show that a fairly inexpensive gun can still be reliable and accurate for years.:D

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Taurus PT92C (a compact 9mm Beretta variant manufactured in Brazil or Argentina?) sweet shooter, never failed, accurate, nice looking. Traded it in on a Sig P228 - the old gun was nice but no regrets! :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    First Handgun - Colt Government Model Mark IV Series 70

I sold it to my Father to buy a Colt Gold Cup Mark IV Series 70.

Jack Burton

Apr 2, 2013
    Edgewater, MD
    Glock 21SF. Still my 'go to' handgun although the safe is getting a little crowded these days. I like that it can discharge 13 rounds of .45 pretty quickly and reliably.

MovingFusion

Dec 29, 2012
    My first was a Colt Anaconda, stainless with a 6" barrel. I bought it in 93 and sold it in 96. I really regret parting with it, but at the time I didnt think i would miss it. wrong!

Rimfire

May 20, 2013
    Fred Co.
    S&W M&P22 for me. Glock 17 was first handgun fired (picking up a 19 later this week).

Started shooting earlier this year with a rifle (old remington bolt .22, was only really familiar with .22's) and bought the M&P when the SHTF with the HQL crap. Glock will be the final purchase before Oct 1.

So... Well done owe malley, previous owner of 0 guns will now own 3.

Last edited:

ParadigmShift

Mar 29, 2013
    First handgun is and M&P Pro 9. I love it. It's accurate and had exchangeable handgrips which allows it to fit well in my hand.

hlpdobro

Sep 23, 2006
    Frederick Co MD
    First shot, don't remember.

First owned, Ruger Single Six. I figured that I would start with the basics. Recommended by a knowledgeable friend.

Still own it.

h

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Colt Cobra .38 special snubnose. Purchased 1974 and still own. Shot it last week and find it is still a challenge to get tight groups.

Pro: conceilable snub nose with 2 inch barrel, 6 shot cylinder.
    Con: 2 inch barrel.

Last edited:

Yamasung

Feb 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Blued Ruger P89DC 9mm. Bought after I moved to Baltimore City using savings bonds given to me as a child. If the purchasers only knew then how those bonds would be protecting me! Was a decent gun, never had any issues at all, but heavy and bulky.

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    The first handgun I shot was a S&W Model 41 .22 LR, that belonged to my firearms instructor. I liked it so much I went out and bought one. That was my first, but definitely not my last. To give you an idea how long ago that was I paid $125 for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom