• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Been carrying concealed 40 years so here's my three. First, no need for a full sized gun. Carry a Glock 26 or 27 with a longer magazine.

Glock 27

5 shot .38

.25 Beretta auto

No flashlights, bayonets, altimeters, everything will be fast and close. Otherwise, you probably can run away.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Glock 23 - winter carry: coat
    Glock 22 - winter carry: jacket/ vest
    Glock 27 - summer carry

(Bit boring, I know.)
    Honestly this or the 17, 19, 26 would likely be my preference. I'm too lazy to learn multiple platforms.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Honestly this or the 17, 19, 26 would likely be my preference. I'm too lazy to learn multiple platforms.
    I don't shoot the 26 well at all. I don't get a good grip on the.. errmm.. grip.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don't shoot the 26 well at all. I don't get a good grip on the.. errmm.. grip.
    I didn't shoot the 27 well when I first tried it. Even now with some time shooting one I'm still not "good" with it and I don't have big hands.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I didn't shoot the 27 well when I first tried it. Even now with some time shooting one I'm still not "good" with it and I don't have big hands.
    The G26 is hers and I have tried a lot to get used to it, it just isn't right for me. She has a G44 G42 as well and that is better in my hands.

Last edited:

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I think I'd have to base it on what I have. Honestly, I will likely always carry the p365. I don't see any reason to change up with the seasons. That said, if I had to choose from my current collection...

p365. Small and handy. Easy to conceal.

Sig p2022. Probably on the higher end of midsized, but a good shooter. Very close to a Sig 229 in function and size, but somewhat lighter, and about the same size as the G19...if I couldn't use the p365 I could successfully conceal this without too much trouble.

Berretta 92FS. Big and heavy, but my first foray into amateur gun smithing and it has turned into a terrific shooter. A real fighting handgun with solid heft that feels good in my hands. I have carried this a few times. IWB sucks. OWB is way better. A long, drapey jacket is probably a near requirement.

The Glock, Glock, Glock folks probably make the most sense if you have to carry three different sizes. I have Glocks. Despite how well they shoot, I just don't like them much.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I have a Glock 17, which I wouldn’t even try to conceal. A Glock 42 (I know, the OP requested same caliber but this is what I have) and a P365. I am most consistent with the G42, probably because the ammo is more expensive and I make every shot count with it. I also like the Glock 26. For me, at least with the one I have used, the trigger pull is more smooth than my p365.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I use GAP floorplates or xgip sleeves on G23 mags with my G27, keep a tight grip, and turn my dominant thumb down, otherwise the baby GLOCKs jump around a lot for me. Of course my P365 fixed that.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I rotate between:
    M&P Sheild Plus
    Glock 43
    LCR 357

I have two Glock 19’s (among others) I can carry also which is about as large as I’d ever go.

Roro

Jun 26, 2022
    Md
    Only 2 at this time. A Ruger security 9. And a Mossberg MC2SC. Guess I have to buy another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom