• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honeybadger

Feb 8, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    I am new to the whole shooting thing and am looking to get my daughter who also loves to shoot into a youth team. Is there any teams in the Harford Co. area ? any info would be great thanks in advance

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i'm not aware of any 'teams' at any age, at least in action pistol shooting (uspsa and idpa). i do see parents shooting these events alongside their kids, who are welcome to shoot the events. i have even seen some parents who don't shoot but bring their kids to shoot the events.

i will say that before bringing kids (or anyone) to any competitions or events, i would make certain they have strong safety and gun handling skills and awareness. it's hard enough to do reloads with adult hands, so it's harder with youth hands and thus even more awareness is needed for where the muzzle is pointing and keeping finger off the trigger.

i'd say you should find and spectate at an event to get an understanding of what goes on. talk with some of the shooters and range officers to get some advice and recommendations. get lots of practice at home and at a range with reloading, transitioning between targets, movement and the like while practicing strong trigger and muzzle discipline.

some of the skeet/trap ranges may have leagues or the like, including youth, so wouldn't hurt to call around.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Ask masondixonbaseball he runs a youth shooting group at free state gun range. I don't know the particulars but I'm sure he'd be glad to give you information. I'm sure pg trap and skeet also has a youth program.

Or you could call free state I'm sure they would be happy to give you information.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I know it's not in Hartford county, but there are several Jr's programs sponsored by AGC clubs. Arlington, Monumental and I believe Garrison is the other. I know Arlington and Monumental both practice on Saturday mornings.

Spur

May 1, 2011
    Harford County
    Seitzland Rifle Club in New Freedom PA use to have a very active youth program for Small Bore rifle, with some members shooting at the National level. I beleive that you could locate them via the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom