• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I am, but she knows i sell stuff to buy stuff(kinda), but I was buying a new toy every other week and sometimes a few at a time. :lol2:

Haha, yeah it's a crazy addiction.

For me, I only got into this hobby a couple years ago. So I missed out on a majority of the crazy good deals. By the time I got in, the only real $100 dollar surplus guns were Mosins, M1895 revolvers, Steyr M95/34's... So when I see a good deal I get to thinking that I don't want to regret NOT buying it years down the road when the price is even higher...

That's how I justify it in my head, anyways :)

Plus, it's an investment! Not money in a bank that can go "poof" and be gone with the stroke of some politician's pen!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    If you do buy these, you can try my JB weld mixed with Magnetite toner- matches the color perfectly, and fills in the safety hole.

Haven't tried it on mine yet, but my buddy has, and I did on two of my Romanian TTCs, which turned out GREAT!

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Congrats! I drug my feet on buying a 7.62x25 firearm because I didn't want another caliber to stock and buy all the crap to reload for.

I also thought the Tokarev design looks a little funky, and didn't expect it to feel good in my hand.

I got my Yugo M57 and WOW, I loved it from the start. Now I have the Yugo, a CZ52, and two more Yugo's on the way. Shooting the 7.62x25 is a blast, it'll turn heads.

My dad has a Romanian and I must say the finish and machining is nicer than the Yugo, but the Yugo shoots just as good and the extra round capacity makes for a perfect grip size. The 8rd pistols have too short of a grip and my pinky hangs off.

You did well on your first C&R purchase, hope we get nice ones!

The 7.62x25 is one of the best pistol cartridges ever.

The PPSH was BRUTAL with these rounds- out of a Tokarev they fire a round the same diameter as a .30 carbine, nearly as fast as if it were coming out of an M1 carbine!

The PPSH was an incredibly effective weapon due to this round, and that's why the russians deployed them to entire platoons.

Can't wait for Zastava to come out with their 20 round modern double stack 7.62x25!!!

If that doesn't spur production of new ammo, nothing will.

Can you imagine, 20 rounds of such a devastating caliber, with negligible recoil, the ability to defeat some body armor, and incredible wounding potential?

Can't wait.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I agree, but as i said i let my C&R expire to save me money, this year alone i have bought already..
    SKY m39
    1950's Marlin Lever .22
    Quality hardware M1 Carbine
    Sheetmetal receiver SKS
    and Have deal pending on a 1903

so you see, i aint saving Crap.lol

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I might convert my Weidner's one to 9mm. I actually don't own a nah meel.

I advise you to buy a Norinco off of gunbroker. Make sure it has the chrome lined barrel and you will be able to shoot it as is, or shoot 9mm in your Zastava.

That's what I did.

The Zastava barrel is much more accurate, however.

It may just be there is less perceived recoil with the 7.62x25 though

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    The 7.62x25 is one of the best pistol cartridges ever.

The PPSH was BRUTAL with these rounds- out of a Tokarev they fire a round the same diameter as a .30 carbine, nearly as fast as if it were coming out of an M1 carbine!

The PPSH was an incredibly effective weapon due to this round, and that's why the russians deployed them to entire platoons.

Can't wait for Zastava to come out with their 20 round modern double stack 7.62x25!!!

If that doesn't spur production of new ammo, nothing will.

Can you imagine, 20 rounds of such a devastating caliber, with negligible recoil, the ability to defeat some body armor, and incredible wounding potential?

Can't wait.

That's one of the reasons I fell in love with it. Also, the design is very close to a 1911 which was my first semi-auto pistol to own. It feels great in the hand, and the round is just a BLAST to shoot.

I also have an M1 Carbine and you can definitely tell you're shooting something along the same lines out of a pistol when you fire the 7.62x25 (S&B feels hotter than PPU to me, those are the only rounds I've tried so far, well that and some real light cast lead reloads of my dad's)

I'll be keeping my eye out for a double stack! Hopefully I'll have my own handloads ready by then. It would be nice if the commercial ammo would become more readily available and cheaper as a result.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I agree, but as i said i let my C&R expire to save me money, this year alone i have bought already..
    SKY m39
    1950's Marlin Lever .22
    Quality hardware M1 Carbine
    Sheetmetal receiver SKS
    and Have deal pending on a 1903

so you see, i aint saving Crap.lol

Yeah, you've got it bad! I think I'm up to 7 alreay this year with the M57. I mostly buy cheap stuff, though. My FEG Hi Power clone is the most expensive firearm I've bought this year @ 340 bucks. Everyting else has been 250 and under.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Looks like they're actually sold out now

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 193

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not to thread jack, but Southern Ohio Guns has these in VG to EX for 229.00.?

Their pieces always seem to be in better shape than what they list them as.

Good company with quick shipping and great customer service.

Hope it helps.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Not to thread jack, but Southern Ohio Guns has these in VG to EX for 229.00.?

Their pieces always seem to be in better shape than what they list them as.

Good company with quick shipping and great customer service.

Hope it helps.

Agreed. They have never let me down and probably 80% of my C&R collection has come from them. If you want to be sure to get a nice looking one and don't mind spending a little more, go with SOG.

I already have a nice one, so I jumped on this deal to take a chance. If I end up with a well used one, no biggie. I'll just shoot the hell out of it and let the pretty one rest in the safe :)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

^This.

7.62x39 (commercial, steel cased) is roughly half the price of commercial 7.62x25 (which is usually reloadable). So, if ammo is a concern, the SKS will be cheaper to shoot.

Both is a good answer if you can afford it... Otherwise you have too look at WHAT you want and WHY you want it. But both are fine firearms, similar in cost at the moment depending on the example.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I grabbed one of these yesterday. What would you guys recommend getting next? I was thinking about a Chinese SKS, CZ52?

I'd go with the Chinese SKS while there are still some of them processing through the online retailers who accept C&R licenses. We don't know how many of them are left, but we can be sure that the prices aren't going down on them substantially in the future, and when the supply of them has been exhausted, they'll take a big bump on places like GB.

The CZ52 has already gone through that process. They are going to keep going up, but it seems very unlikely that there will be any more "cheap" ones brought in.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    Really was hoping to get in on one of these, but didn't have an account set up. Hoping one or two might be left this morning when they open..... If not I guess it's SOG for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom