• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    When the pistol is cocked and locked, if I pull the hammer even farther back, pull the trigger, and then let go of the hammer, the pistol will fire. Is this normal? If not, any ideas?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Not sure I understand what's happening. Does yours have the "conventional" safety or are you talking about the "half-cock" lock? I just tried mine. In half-cock, trigger and slide are both locked. Pulling the hammer back to full cock will allow firing and/or racking as normal. I have the safety lever which goes up to a notch in the slide. With that engaged, the trigger won't work and the hammer won't latch all the way back if not already cocked when the safety is activated.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Sorry for being unclear guys and I appreciate the help. With tbe safety on and the hammer back, if I pull the trigger and thumb the hammer back (like cocking a sixgun) and let go of the hammer, the hammer falls even thougb the safety is still on.

Daddyursus

Trusted Shellback
    Jan 11, 2013
    In a van down by the river
    Sorry for being unclear guys and I appreciate the help. With tbe safety on and the hammer back, if I pull the trigger and thumb the hammer back (like cocking a sixgun) and let go of the hammer, the hammer falls even thougb the safety is still on.

Customer: When I do this, the gun fires.

Gunsmith: Then stop doing that !! :D

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel

Now that you mention you have the safety on when this happens, something is definitely wrong with your safety. I don't know an obvious solution. Take the gun apart and try to see if there is something wrong with the safety itself.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM

Can you yank it out and take a pic of the safety for comparison purposes? also, the hammer group and the safety hole...

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    See how it shoots without it? The pictures in the manual for this weapon do not have a safety on the side. The designed in safety mechanism is to half cock the hammer. YMMV, but you may find that FTF rate goes down and it becomes very reliable. In my opinion it is a really impressive design. The part that breaks (hammer mechanism) can be simply lifted out after field stripping and replaced. In the field organizational level maintenance. NEAT. its not pretty but it grows on you.

The velocity of the round from these firearms is phenomenal. Kevlar does not stop this round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom