• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Thanks, Not sure how much it'll matter since its rare and no longer produced. I doubt they'll see many others come into MD. I hope it works out. I'm kinda paranoid, but I think i've done as much as someone in my position can. Called many FFL Dealers, Talked to a local Cop, Talked to the Sgt who deals with licensing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every tiny little bit helps out!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So my question is, what would happen if MSP determines something to be legal, then turns around and says it isn't after you purchased one? I assume MD are dicks enough to go after you and I'd also imagine they'd at best be on shakey ground prosecuting you. The window in which they considered it legal, those folks are grandfathered?

Really just a hypothetical as I am sure no one here knows, but since I saw at least one gun on the MSP list that was banned, then unbanned. I am just wondering about the other way.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    So my question is, what would happen if MSP determines something to be legal, then turns around and says it isn't after you purchased one? I assume MD are dicks enough to go after you and I'd also imagine they'd at best be on shakey ground prosecuting you. The window in which they considered it legal, those folks are grandfathered?

Really just a hypothetical as I am sure no one here knows, but since I saw at least one gun on the MSP list that was banned, then unbanned. I am just wondering about the other way.

Yeah. In the event that I buy the gun, I wouldn't worry too much. I did everything in my power to determine its legality, and since undefined, I talked to a State Police officer. He couldn't give me an answer either way. I wonder what would happen, I don't think their side would hold up. If I had been told it was illegal by all the FFL Dealers, and the MSP, then yeah I'd be cooked. But several FFL dealers have no problem selling it to me, and its not clearly banned on the list. I know its not the best judgement, but I haven't bought anything yet. I'd like to hear back from the MSP first with the review form.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Every tiny little bit helps out!

Its true, I gotta thank all of you for your advice. I know its for the best and would keep me in the clear. Hopefully the gun is considered legal.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I wonder what would happen, I don't think their side would hold up.

You can be 100% right and still spend $10k on legal fees proving it after the fact because of some dummy in the AG's office. Given that the Zastava PAP is listed online, I think it's smart to have the MSP look at it. This is a good example of how ambiguous the laws are. One Kel Tec model has been on and off the banned list. It should never have been banned in the first place.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You can be 100% right and still spend $10k on legal fees proving it after the fact because of some dummy in the AG's office. Given that the Zastava PAP is listed online, I think it's smart to have the MSP look at it. This is a good example of how ambiguous the laws are. One Kel Tec model has been on and off the banned list. It should never have been banned in the first place.

That was the one that made me wonder

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016

Right, yeah its the costs that'd get me. I just wouldn't expect anything else other than court fees. Hopefully they look over it within the next month and not a year or so later.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Shes legal boys.
    aee9fd4a6d1f621846d7a8788261e1da.png

Sirex