• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Hmm, the 6am forecast said nothing about rain this afternoon....

Attachments

• 20231109_142718.jpg
      20231109_142718.jpg
      216.2 KB · Views: 63

Sharpster

Jul 22, 2010
    York, PA
    It's my second year hunting. I got my first deer couple weeks back during muzzle-loader (public land PA). Didn't realize this button wasn't a doe until I walked over to gut him..
    My buddy arrowed a nice sized 8 point 2 weeks later from the same spot as I was sitting for this guy.

Sitting out this morning I didn't see any sort of activity other then squirrel. I'd venture a guess it was due to the small game hunter and his dog pushing the field few hundred yards to my right :innocent0.

Attachments

• 20231017_190310.jpg
      20231017_190310.jpg
      467.7 KB · Views: 54
    • 20231017_191241_cropped.jpg
      20231017_191241_cropped.jpg
      494.6 KB · Views: 56
    Last edited:

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    For 3 hours I saw nothing but birds, squirrels, more squirrels and a groundhog. Sometime after 5:15 I had just lowered my bow and was getting ready to climb down when a nice size buck walks in and starts eating clover. He wasn't the big 8pt but had a decent size body.
    Without spooking him, I managed to get the bow back up, untangled and ready to fire just in time to watch him walk out of sight. I have a camera on the clover field, I'll have to pull the sd card to find out what he was.

Sage954

Oct 8, 2019
    a few feet off the driveway as I got home from work. Pic from the driver seat.

Attachments

• IMG_9448.jpeg
      IMG_9448.jpeg
      722.7 KB · Views: 79

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    DNR sent me an email, wanting to know if I've bought my hunting license yet. Nope. Not in almost 15 years. Not needed when I just hunt my property.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109_193501_Outlook.jpg
      Screenshot_20231109_193501_Outlook.jpg
      151.7 KB · Views: 44

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    For 3 hours I saw nothing but birds, squirrels, more squirrels and a groundhog. Sometime after 5:15 I had just lowered my bow and was getting ready to climb down when a nice size buck walks in and starts eating clover. He wasn't the big 8pt but had a decent size body.
    Without spooking him, I managed to get the bow back up, untangled and ready to fire just in time to watch him walk out of sight. I have a camera on the clover field, I'll have to pull the sd card to find out what he was.
    Mornings have had great activity for the last week. The moon has been directly overhead during the morning hours.

Last edited:

ffrobbyrob

Mar 3, 2007
    Finksburg
    Shot this one first day at new property to me. 30 yrs shot with crossbow. Ran towards my truck within 20 yds. That helped because this thing was a beast getting in truck by myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4062.jpeg
      IMG_4062.jpeg
      649.8 KB · Views: 77
    • IMG_4065.jpeg
      IMG_4065.jpeg
      370.8 KB · Views: 77

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Sitting out this morning I didn't see any sort of activity other then squirrel. I'd venture a guess it was due to the small game hunter and his dog pushing the field few hundred yards to my right :innocent0.
    When hunting public years back I learned to hunt deer trails away from where people might move. Many times they pushed the deer right toward me. It can work against you many times, but if you learn their routes you can make it work for you sometimes.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    When hunting public years back I learned to hunt deer trails away from where people might move. Many times they pushed the deer right toward me. It can work against you many times, but if you learn their routes you can make it work for you sometimes.
    Yup. We always got in the woods early and went all the way to the backside of the public land. We hunted the escape routs and hideyholes. We did real well once we figured things out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    shivering in the rain, regretting all my life choices right now. I finally had to scare off the button bedded down 15yds from my stand as I had to pee and pull on a rain layer after he feed and layed around for an hour. I did have a big dawn come in making soft little “I am horny, any nice bucks want to make my acquaintance” sounds as she fed around behind me for 30 minutes.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    shivering in the rain, regretting all my life choices right now. I finally had to scare off the button bedded down 15yds from my stand as I had to pee and pull on a rain layer after he feed and layed around for an hour. I did have a big dawn come in making soft little “I am horny, any nice bucks want to make my acquaintance” sounds as she fed around behind me for 30 minutes.
    Dues are never fully paid in deer hunting, lol. You're paying your annual fee today. :)

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I saw lots of activity last night, including my "target" 8 pointer. I thought he was coming towards me but then another buck appeared from the opposite hill. They snorted at each other and ran in different directions. I went inside around 9am this morning due to the heavy rain. Heading back out shortly -- I've killed some nice bucks on days just like this when the rain clears and it remains overcast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom