• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Strnge

Feb 19, 2016
    Hagerstown, Md
    New member here.

I went to the show. 4-5 junk dealers. Lots more handguns than in the past. Purchased some Garand Parts. Ammo prices were all over the map, except the guy just to the right of the front door. He was on crack with his ammo prices.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    South Carroll Sporting Goods has a new gen 3 Glock 19. Haven't seen many of those lately since the SEALs announced they will be using them.

iCoder80

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 31, 2015
    Stopped in yesterday, wish there were vendors that carried more 1911 parts then 1 vendor with a couple of slides.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    We (Blue Fins) has two new Gen 3 Glock 19s including a supah dupah Vickers special edition with Grey RTF Frame, combat rear sight and fiber optic front.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Did anyone catch the name of the shop with the suppressors and pistols next to the surplus guy? If you came through the front door of the main building they were to the left, 2 rows behind shooters discount and 2 rows in front of south carroll. All the employees had black t-shirts with MOA or similar logo on them.

I believe that it was "Murray's Ordnance Armory" in Beltsville MD. I stopped by their table to look at suppressors and picked up one of their business cards. Their telephone number is 410-713-1825. The back of the card says "By Appointment". Their website is www dot MurraysArmory dot com.

Cal68

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I believe that it was "Murray's Ordnance Armory" in Beltsville MD. I stopped by their table to look at suppressors and picked up one of their business cards. Their telephone number is 410-713-1825. The back of the card says "By Appointment". Their website is www dot MurraysArmory dot com.

Cal68

Yep, I said that last night at 11PM :D

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Spent a couple hours down there this morning. Seems the unwashed humanity stayed at home and it had an pleasant atmosphere. Picked up 60 rounds of .303 British, two stripper clips and a sling for my SMLE. Kid picked up a reflex red dot and a angle grip for his 10/22 tactical from the orientals. I also picked up @ a foot of WWII paperbacks for $20.

Good time.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Went up today with my Mrs., both daughters, my son-in-law, and my granddaughter. Said hey to lots of MDS'ers, got a couple raffle tickets from MSRPA, saw the guys at A-1 (they had a Bren), bought 500 rounds of 9mm for my Mrs. Valentine's Day present (High Point carbine). Was a good morning. Wish I was rich.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Went up today with my Mrs., both daughters, my son-in-law, and my granddaughter. Said hey to lots of MDS'ers, got a couple raffle tickets from MSRPA, saw the guys at A-1 (they had a Bren), bought 500 rounds of 9mm for my Mrs. Valentine's Day present (High Point carbine). Was a good morning. Wish I was rich.

i was drooling over the mini gun that A1 had.:drool:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    +2 wasted $9.00 and hour of my time driving each way. Will not be attending that place again. Even some of the vendors I talk to said they won't be coming back.

Gotta think about it's just like a nice walk around a building and if you see something you like, then that's a bonus.

You should have made it to the Parkville Show from years past. The room probably wasn't 40' x 60'. However, I would always go and would look for the guy walking around trying to sell something. I could always walk out with a legally purchased, private transfer firearm. After thinking about it, I've probably bought more firearms at that show than any other show, other than Timonium.

It was always during one of the first 2 weekends in December and I think guys would bring a firearm to sell, so they could have some Christmas money to buy wifey that gift.

You never know what you may find.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    +2 wasted $9.00 and hour of my time driving each way. Will not be attending that place again. Even some of the vendors I talk to said they won't be coming back.

+3

Same vendors, same items, same prices, same as HoCo show.

Amazes me that vendors/dealers are so reluctant to negotiate. They keep packing up the same inventory from one show, to the next show, to the next. They are so exhausted of moving the same stuff, I watched a vendor fall asleep in his chair, snoring, at 1pm with patrons around his tables.

The AR selection of no-name, entry grade components assembled into complete uppers or FrankenAR15, listed high dollar. Dismiss the semi-knowledgeable enthusiast to prey on the novice.

Is this the norm to be expected from SGS shows?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    +3

Same vendors, same items, same prices, same as HoCo show.

Amazes me that vendors/dealers are so reluctant to negotiate. They keep packing up the same inventory from one show, to the next show, to the next. They are so exhausted of moving the same stuff, I watched a vendor fall asleep in his chair, snoring, at 1pm with patrons around his tables.

The AR selection of no-name, entry grade components assembled into complete uppers or FrankenAR15, listed high dollar. Dismiss the semi-knowledgeable enthusiast to prey on the novice.

Is this the norm to be expected from SGS shows?

welcome to maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom