• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I cant find it. I have the BATFE letter but nothing from the MSP.

I even searched the attachments of the thread with no luck.

Be careful now, they will say you are the reason for bad gun laws in MD for having a letter that proves them wrong and will keep GOOD people out of trouble.

It wasn't an attachment, it was a copy/paste of an e-mail reply, late night/early morning, and included Yom's e-mail address in it.

I will see if I can locate it.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I cant find it. I have the BATFE letter but nothing from the MSP.

I even searched the attachments of the thread with no luck.

Be careful now, they will say you are the reason for bad gun laws in MD for having a letter that proves them wrong and will keep GOOD people out of trouble.

I may actually be the person responsible for the latest advisory, oh well, risks of the job working for s MD State Delegate and trying to get answers from the AG. I have big shoulders, I think I can handle it, if not, I will have to go back and re-read the chapter and verse for the Book of Lord Chad, on how to brush people of and not worry about it.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yeah same here, it was sent from an MSP corporal's iPhone... of which I commented on how unprofessional to use an iPhone for an official email, explaining that MSP measures OAL just like the ATF. I of course, got immediately blasted for suggesting that sending an official email via an iPhone is not unprofessional these days. I stepped back, and let you guys have that argument. Touchy Touchy :D

I think Tom Williams would raise an eye brow at being referred to as a Corporal, when he is a Captain or higher (might be a Major), since the HRB used to be under his command until last week.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    It gets huge. Colt is .850 for 3", then steps to .950 for 2 1/4", then .985 for
    1 1/2". The Windham is .850 for 1 1/2", then steps to .950 for 4", .985 for 1 3/4".

The Windham HBC is heavier than the Colt HBAR, that is why I push them as a handsdown HBAR.

Thanks man. Going to contact rainier for a comparison again tomorrow.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    I may actually be the person responsible for the latest advisory, oh well, risks of the job working for s MD State Delegate and trying to get answers from the AG. I have big shoulders, I think I can handle it, if not, I will have to go back and re-read the chapter and verse for the Book of Lord Chad, on how to brush people of and not worry about it.

I pushed them real hard too. I am disapointed with the copycat interpretation being placed on handguns start to finish.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I pushed them real hard too. I am disapointed with the copycat interpretation being placed on handguns start to finish.

We will see where that goes, NRA legal and the lawyers on the Kolbe case have been looking at this since yesterday afternoon. Discussion of the centerfire rifle copy cat rules, applying to a handgun, after they referred to the handgun definition multiple times in the advisory.

If I hear anything I can share, I will post it here and in the 2A thread on the advisory.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Well if you are responsible I sincerely thank you. Definitions and rulings are necessary.

I love your sense of humor BTW. ;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I appreciate you making my point. Apparently, you find it funny that people ask you not to get a ruling that would result in people getting screwed. If that doesn't prove what I said about you, I don't know what will.

Who is the knowledge person? You? Like I have asked some 3 or 4 times now, where in COMAR does it say permanently attached? It doesn't. You've now got an email from MSP that tells you to go the ATF website. I am not sure what that proves. The MSP still doesn't say how MARYLAND measures length. The law doesn't specify AND it doesn't say use the ATF method. As usual, you avoid admitting you have absolutely no supporting evidence per the law whatsoever. I think your claim of knowledgeable (whether that is you or someone else you are talking about)deserves the true laugh.

For the last time, where in the law does it say the ATF method must be used to measure OAL?

I'll have a response. I sent the request to MSP an hour ago.

SB281 Blaster

Feb 4, 2014
    Queenstown
    We will see where that goes, NRA legal and the lawyers on the Kolbe case have been looking at this since yesterday afternoon. Discussion of the centerfire rifle copy cat rules, applying to a handgun, after they referred to the handgun definition multiple times in the advisory.

If I hear anything I can share, I will post it here and in the 2A thread on the advisory.

Take a second and read my post #1539. I am drafting a letter over the next few days to address this. IYO, who at MSP should receive it?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Well if you are responsible I sincerely thank you. Definitions and rulings are necessary.

I love your sense of humor BTW. ;)

I am in the last week of spending 3 months in Annapolis dealing with this crap 1st hand. I have several options; 1. Copious amounts of alcohol every night, starting at noon. 2. Keep a wicked sense of humor and make fun of everyone and everything.

I choose #2, and Andi approves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom