• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So I’ve done my first 5.56 build and it came out great while learning a lot along the way. I’m onto my second which is a 300blk. I have 2 aero m4e1 lowers in holding till I pick em up next week, and an aero upper here. I’ve priced all the stuff I wanna get for it which comes up around $800 in additional parts. I also just saw PsA has a 10.5” pistol kit which comes with the sba3 and some other stuff for around $480 and with some of the other parts I have selected total would come up to 7 sumtjin. How good are their kits(bcg/barrel/gasblock)? Should I go that route or my build route? For this parts mention I had questions about I picked the Rosco bcg/barrel and a Superlative arms adjustable block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    I know some have a lot to say about PSA and their quality, but I've not had any issues with them. If the kit checks all your boxes, I'd say go for it.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So I’ve done my first 5.56 build and it came out great while learning a lot along the way. I’m onto my second which is a 300blk. I have 2 aero m4e1 lowers in holding till I pick em up next week, and an aero upper here. I’ve priced all the stuff I wanna get for it which comes up around $800 in additional parts. I also just saw PsA has a 10.5” pistol kit which comes with the sba3 and some other stuff for around $480 and with some of the other parts I have selected total would come up to 7 sumtjin. How good are their kits(bcg/barrel/gasblock)? Should I go that route or my build route? For this parts mention I had questions about I picked the Rosco bcg/barrel and a Superlative arms adjustable block.

Don't go the PSA route.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    is psa that bad? I mean I’ve heard both good and bad stories lol. I mean I’d rather build but I was curious cause the price was so low.

While their QC has gotten better over the years, I'd be wary unless you have the gauges and knowledge to check things out top to bottom.

I personally don't have an issue with them, but I've seen a lot of crap from them.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    I think PAS is pretty good. Everything I've bought from them has been great and I've bought quite a few items from them including complete kits, uppers, ammo etc. Occasionally they have things on sale for prices you can't beat anywhere else.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    PSA is hit or miss, with no way to know what you'll get.
    Basically the above, you'll get something good, then you'll get something bad. Though the quality is not as bad as it was.

Assemble one is a matter what you want and preference, you can go both ways cheap or all out. Its a choice. Something to shoot / plink, do you really need something high end. You can piece meal one together, buy a decent lower parts kit, trjgger assembly, barrel, etc or just get a kit. Have bought some things from B.Kings Firearms, great people and some decent sales from time to time.

-Rock

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    While their QC has gotten better over the years, I'd be wary unless you have the gauges and knowledge to check things out top to bottom.

I personally don't have an issue with them, but I've seen a lot of crap from them.
    You don’t have an issue with a company that you’ve “seen a lot of crap” from? That would be my very definition of an “issue”.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Quick question. I’ve seen some yt videos claiming 1:5 twist while running a sub 10” 300 blackout build is the best route to go. Anyone familiar with that? I know it says the 1:5 has better performance.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Quick question. I’ve seen some yt videos claiming 1:5 twist while running a sub 10” 300 blackout build is the best route to go. Anyone familiar with that? I know it says the 1:5 has better performance.

1:7 and 1:8 has worked perfectly fine for years.

You haven't said what barrel length you are going to use.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is my first time hearing about the 1:5" rate of twist. A little reading says it works(in its intended use), but I haven't delved deeply enough to learn of any shortcomings(pun intended).

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    This is my first time hearing about the 1:5" rate of twist. A little reading says it works(in its intended use), but I haven't delved deeply enough to learn of any shortcomings(pun intended).

It’s the same twist rate that Q uses in their honey badger.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

I haven't kept up, you're building a 300 AAC pistol? That a lot of money to spend on a pistol barrel(and gas block). Not judging, but what are your expectations from this pistol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom