• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I haven't kept up, you're building a 300 AAC pistol? That a lot of money to spend on a pistol barrel(and gas block). Not judging, but what are your expectations from this pistol?

Oh no I’m not buying that lol. I was just showing you what i was talking about. I’ll prob go with the Faxon match grade 1:5 in 7” or I’ll just do the 1:7 8” Rocco sauce pack bundle only because I wanna keep it small and compact. I thought about the 10.5 but I really doubt I’d be able to fit that in a backpack unless it’s a huge backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Oh no I’m not buying that lol. I was just showing you what i was talking about. I’ll prob go with the Faxon match grade 1:5 in 7” or I’ll just do the 1:7 8” Rocco sauce pack bundle only because I wanna keep it small and compact. I thought about the 10.5 but I really doubt I’d be able to fit that in a backpack unless it’s a huge backpack.
    Folding stock.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I can fit it in a backpack with my can on it.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    If PSA is bad, then who is good?

I've bought a good amount from them and have nothing but positive things to say.

Very happy with the value of their enhanced polished trigger among other things. Their kits suit me just fine.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I've bought a good amount from them and have nothing but positive things to say.

Very happy with the value of their enhanced polished trigger among other things. Their kits suit me just fine.
    Like I said, they've gotten better over the years.

I still gauge everything I can though.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

So, are you planning on an SBR or pistol? I think you should have no problem making Md length using specific parts.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So, are you planning on an SBR or pistol? I think you should have no problem making Md length using specific parts.

I want to keep it pistol form with the brace but DaemonAssassin has me tripping about the brace rule and making it a Sbr so now I don’t know what I wanna do. I’m thinking of keeping it under 10 and if push comes to shove getting a can pinned and welded down the road. I also plan to add a folding attachment which should add an additional 1-1.5” don’t know if that is considered into the 29”

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I want to keep it pistol form with the brace but DaemonAssassin has me tripping about the brace rule and making it a Sbr so now I don’t know what I wanna do. I’m thinking of keeping it under 10 and if push comes to shove getting a can pinned and welded down the road. I also plan to add a folding attachment which should add an additional 1-1.5” don’t know if that is considered into the 29”

Since a can may be in your not so distant future, maybe it's time to open an NFA account and form1 an SBR.

You'll probably need more than a folder to make up a 3.5" deficit. Here are a couple more things to help you get there:

Also, by pinning and welding a QD muzzle attachment for your can, you could gain even more length. Just be careful you don't get it too long. Lol

In the meantime, build your gun as a pistol until your form1 is approved.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    So I did just do the paperwork for a can but I got it more because it was a bigger caliber can for my 450BM & I can still use down to 5.56. I’ll prob just get an individual can for my pistol long enough to be able to push it to the 12.5” length if u go with a 7-9” barrel.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Since a can may be in your not so distant future, maybe it's time to open an NFA account and form1 an SBR.

You'll probably need more than a folder to make up a 3.5" deficit. Here are a couple more things to help you get there:

Also, by pinning and welding a QD muzzle attachment for your can, you could gain even more length. Just be careful you don't get it too long. Lol

In the meantime, build your gun as a pistol until your form1 is approved.

My previous comment was for you I thought I quoted ya

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My previous comment was for you I thought I quoted ya

You don't want to pin and weld a suppressor. You will need to make sure any ammo you run through that gun is stable, ie, not coming out of the barrel sideways. You always want to 'proof' your ammo before running it through your can.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    So I did just do the paperwork for a can but I got it more because it was a bigger caliber can for my 450BM & I can still use down to 5.56. I’ll prob just get an individual can for my pistol long enough to be able to push it to the 12.5” length if u go with a 7-9” barrel.

Which suppressor did you get? I am looking for one with the same range of calibers.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Which suppressor did you get? I am looking for one with the same range of calibers.

I went with the banish 46 from SC it can handle anything from 45-70 all the way down to 5.56. I figured I’ll get a dedicated can for my 5.56/300 blackout builds and that one can handle the 450 bushmaster & 338 I’m about to build as well as all that I previously mentioned. I can also config it at either 7” or 10”

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Wondering if I should go with another Rosco sauce pack for my 300 black in 8.2 1:7 twist or go with the Faxon 7.5” 1:5 twist and a SOLGW bcg with an adjustable block. 289 for the pack or 320 for just the bcg and barrel

5string

Feb 21, 2014
    NC

I too have used a lot of PSA stuff. The only problem I've seen was with one of their factory assembled uppers a guy bought. It was supposed to have been ready to shoot and it probably would have but the bolt carrier had a lot of interference with the gas tube as it went forward and took a good bit of tweaking to get it happy. Had I not checked this, I believe the gas key would have eventually caused a problem. I like for the carrier to go forward without any contact and that one was hitting hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom