• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    You vigorous supporters of NRA...I get it.

OTOH, not unlike Wounded Warriors, those folks at the top are making some serious scratch and I have yet to see any solid performance metrics that demonstrate their value proposition at those pay rates.

They are genius at separating loyal American from their money. They put alumni associations and boosters clubs to shame...

For all you haters who cannot wait to send a scorching reply...I'm a member. Just like voting for Trump, after a fashion.

DanJo

Mar 4, 2010
    Western Howard County
    I waver on the issue of excessive salaries at non profit organizations. I understand that it takes a good compensation package to attract top talent, but there is a limit. I do not know what the execs at the NRA make, so maybe I should do some research. I used to give WWP in excess of $1,000 dollars a year, but after finding out about their wasteful spending, they don't get any of my money anymore. There are too many other similar organizations serving similar goals That are more worthy.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    You can always give it to K-A-R-S, Kars for Kids.

You'll get completely ripped off, the kids get about 10-15% of your donation but they'll give you a 3 Day vacation voucher.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    You vigorous supporters of NRA...I get it.

OTOH, not unlike Wounded Warriors, those folks at the top are making some serious scratch and I have yet to see any solid performance metrics that demonstrate their value proposition at those pay rates.

They are genius at separating loyal American from their money. They put alumni associations and boosters clubs to shame...

For all you haters who cannot wait to send a scorching reply...I'm a member. Just like voting for Trump, after a fashion.

As a 2A supporter and a member, you have a voice and vested interest. If you're a life member, you can even vote and go to the annual convention. The HQ is a short drive from MD, so maybe you could even have a FTF with them to express your concerns.

NRA is driving -0-, the Left, the media ( http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...y-news-blames-nra-rather-than-islamic-terror/ ) and Hillary nuts, so unless it's all just a charade, it must be doing something very, very well.

And how much "serious scratch" would they have to pay anybody here to take the daily heat, insults, and threats that they must have to endure, unlike a nonprofit that doesn't have half the population making threats against it, its members, and its leadership?

Maybe LaPierre and friends ought to change their "evil ways" and go to a universally admired "do good" nonprofit instead, so they can be showered with love instead of doing the nitty gritty work in support of the Constitution while people are calling them haters, racists, and now gay and baby killers?

Yeah, it would be nice to have Charlton Heston back at the NRA again and Ronald Reagan at the helm of the US. But we don't, yet.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks Jim. I know that comes from your heart.

I need look no further than their half assed pricing and marketing structure wrt lifetime membership to know they are not well run. Let it suffice to say they turn deals off and on with no apparent planning or reasoning. When you are careless and cavalier and inconsistent in your pricing, you lead folks to believe you have no clue about your value proposition nor any care about your client/member.

NRA has convinced themselves that THEY are the customer and WE cannot protect OUR Second Amendment without them.

That's just this fella's opinion.

Frankly, I belong for the sole pragmatic reason that I cannot be a member of the local rifle and pistol club without an NRA number.

I don't like PETA or GreenPeace, etc. either. Their missions notwithstanding, they've made their organization as or more important than the damn cause and have taken an ends justifying means approach to everything.

I get the causes. I don't get why the day to day management is unimpeachable and frankly, doesn't answer to the customer/membership.

More "taxation without representation." Meaning, paying dues, fees, etc. with no real input or SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE METRICS.

That's just me.

THANKS FOR LISTENING.

Caps lock off

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks Jim. I know that comes from your heart.

I need look no further than their half assed pricing and marketing structure wrt lifetime membership to know they are not well run. Let it suffice to say they turn deals off and on with no apparent planning or reasoning. When you are careless and cavalier and inconsistent in your pricing, you lead folks to believe you have no clue about your value proposition nor any care about your client/member.

NRA has convinced themselves that THEY are the customer and WE cannot protect OUR Second Amendment without them.

That's just this fella's opinion.

Frankly, I belong for the sole pragmatic reason that I cannot be a member of the local rifle and pistol club without an NRA number.

I don't like PETA or GreenPeace, etc. either. Their missions notwithstanding, they've made their organization as or more important than the damn cause and have taken an ends justifying means approach to everything.

I get the causes. I don't get why the day to day management is unimpeachable and frankly, doesn't answer to the customer/membership.

More "taxation without representation." Meaning, paying dues, fees, etc. with no real input or SPECIFIC PERFORMANCE METRICS.

That's just me.

THANKS FOR LISTENING.

Caps lock off

Well, some of their marketing does seem pretty unsophisticated. And Wayne LaPierre's hair sucks; he'd be much more impressive if he consulted with Teratos, or at least his hair stylist.

I wonder how many slick, Madison-avenue marketers, and MBA's with business planning and management experience, and social media gurus respond to NRA career opportunity ads when an opening comes up at NRA HQ. Not that NRA's are second-rate (or so it seems from your posts), but I think people who apply for that kind of organization probably aren't the uber liberals who keep Silicon Valley and Hollywood on the sizzling, dazzling cultural cutting edge. They're probably folks who hold the 2A and Constitution dear to their hearts first, and have talent and skill second. That, in and of itself, dramatically limits the NRA talent pool, doesn't it?

Frankly, I'm much, much more concerned about the self-serving, two-faced RINO's running the Republican Party and Congress than I am the NRA. The total failure of Republican leadership to lift a finger against the most outrageous, inflammatory, and anti-democratic acts by Obama and Democrats, and abandonment of its principles are what gave rise to Trump. But that's a different thread. Or several. Cheers. Gotta get ready to to the MSI meeting.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    NRA members can vote and attend the convention. And it does matter, look up " Revolt in Cincinnati " .

Is the NRA perfect ? No. Any large political-ish organization picks priorities and makes tactical calls. I've bitched about plenty of them.

But the bottom line is the NRA has more clout at the nat'l level for lobbying and political clout than every other 2A org combined, several times over..

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Coincidentally today received an invitation in the mail to upgrade from Life to Patron, at a discount. Needless to say, jumped on it. NRA is building its war chest, and needs to.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013

Probably, not far off the mark there.
    I don't know anything about this particular NRA program, but I can tell you that their Refuse to be a Victim program is an out-and-out Ponzi scheme, no different than Amway....at its worst. The principal goal being to hold teaching sessions with the public, which should be advertised to the media on the instructor's dime (i.e., instructors doing NRA's marketing work for them), instructors're required to purchase all sorts of display items and program materials, out of pocket, from NRA; and the main goal is to draft attendees of the sessions to become instructors themselves, so they can buy even more NRA party favours and advertising power. A great idea implemented in a very questionable manner that makes one want to shower three times afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom