October 19th shoot, what are you bringing/what do you want to shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I have a M&P 9 also if you'd like to put a few rounds through that.

Sure. I haven't shot one of those yet. I've got 200 rounds of 9. Should I be bringing more? :D Would a box or two of 45 or some other round be a good idea to bring?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    frozen, I can handle the Enfield #4mkII, and NM Garand. No commercial ammo, I will only shoot my handloads or genuine M2 out of the Garand. I have some 303 for the enfield, but not a lot, I can spare a clip, but if you want to try a box of comercial loads it's cool by me, I don't shoot corrosive through it.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks Terry...

I have a Garand on the list + a supply of milsurp ammo in my plans, but it won't be until next spring (Tax refund check FTW)...also might try to pick up a SVT-40 at the same time if funds allow. I also plan on eventually getting myself a K31 and ammo for it, but the rifle itself won't happen before the shoot...I'll see about ammo though...

alucard...w00t for the Enfield! that's another one on my "to buy" list. I only shoot corrosive through my Mosins since they are easy to clean, but nothing else. Commercial 303 should be easy to find a box.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Don't sweat the ammo for the K31 either frozen I have a few extra I can bring for ya. I think it will move up on your list of "to buy" once you shoot it, a great gun.

mtlcafan, I have a few different 45's your welcome to shoot if you want to supply your own ammo.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Thanks Terry...

I have a Garand on the list + a supply of milsurp ammo in my plans, but it won't be until next spring (Tax refund check FTW)...also might try to pick up a SVT-40 at the same time if funds allow. I also plan on eventually getting myself a K31 and ammo for it, but the rifle itself won't happen before the shoot...I'll see about ammo though...

alucard...w00t for the Enfield! that's another one on my "to buy" list. I only shoot corrosive through my Mosins since they are easy to clean, but nothing else. Commercial 303 should be easy to find a box.

?

i didn't know jeremy changed his name :D

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    i could have sworn 3rdrcn was Terry...I've seen him enough at Dan's shop...then again...we have an infant so lack of sleep is doing bad things to me...

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    i could have sworn 3rdrcn was Terry...I've seen him enough at Dan's shop...then again...we have an infant so lack of sleep is doing bad things to me...

You are correct frozen, Jeremy is alucard and I'm Terry, obviously bean isn't wearing his reading comprehension hat today.:D

That works. Is there a preferred brand I should be buying?

I shoot magtech but anything 230 grain FMJ will work, 2 are Sigs and one is the Ed Brown 1911.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    Not sure you'd wanna repeat that face to face, did I ever tell ya how I learned to fight?

hug deez, little boy. You don't know me well enough to no that that isn't a place you wanna go Bean.

no offense terry i have alot of respect for you and what you have done for our country. and i guarauntee you have proven your self a man more times than i probablly ever will.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    I am trying to work out getting to the shoot. If I do:

I would love to try some revolvers. I know Joppaj has some he has said in the past he would let me take for a spin.

Would also love to shoot an Evil Black Gun. I have know other request on that as I know nothing about them. Sounds like there will be just a few there to choose from. :lol2:

Hmmmm, maybe a shotgun, too? :)

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    no offense terry i have alot of respect for you and what you have done for our country. and i guarauntee you have proven your self a man more times than i probablly ever will.

Cool, now back to the thread.

Houndkeeper, I have a GP100 4" that is .357, I have Hi-Vis sights on it and a spring job done to it. I had the spring job done because my daughter couldn't pull the DA very well, she does just fine with it now. I think Joppaj liked it when he shot it. I'll bring it if you like.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    isn't the GP100 the predesessor(sp? i know, im not wearing my reading comprehension and spelling hat tonight:D) of the SP101?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    isn't the GP100 the predesessor(sp? i know, im not wearing my reading comprehension and spelling hat tonight:D) of the SP101?

The SP101 is a smaller framed gun and they both look very similar as do all Ruger revolvers, I think the GP100 did come first as I recall.

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Houndkeeper, I have a GP100 4" that is .357, I have Hi-Vis sights on it and a spring job done to it. I had the spring job done because my daughter couldn't pull the DA very well, she does just fine with it now. I think Joppaj liked it when he shot it. I'll bring it if you like.

Thank you, 3rd! I am really hoping to get to this shoot......what an amazing opportunity to see and try so many freakin' kinds of firepower! As I said, though, I have no experiance with them....so, what the heck is a GP100? It's 4 inches of what? It uses .357 rounds, yes?

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Would also love to shoot an Evil Black Gun. I have know other request on that as I know nothing about them. Sounds like there will be just a few there to choose from. :lol2:

Hmmmm, maybe a shotgun, too? :)

ummm....yeah...pretty much everyone and their mother with have some variation of an Evil Black Gun. No worries there. You will see everything from stock configs to tricked out bench-rest versions and everything in between.

As for a shotgun, I can bring the wife's Mossberg 500 tactical entry shotgun (breaching barrel and collapsible stock)...think:
    mossberg_500_03.jpg

but with a collapsible stock instead of the folding...but again...slugs are on you since they ain't cheap...and slugs are necessary for the rifle range (last i checked anyway).

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Thank you, 3rd! I am really hoping to get to this shoot......what an amazing opportunity to see and try so many freakin' kinds of firepower! As I said, though, I have no experiance with them....so, what the heck is a GP100? It's 4 inches of what? It uses .357 rounds, yes?

Yes, it will also shoot .38 caliber rounds as well. It is a medium framed revolver with a 4" barrel.

GP100, mine is stainless though:

Attachments

• gp100.jpg
      gp100.jpg
      2.6 KB · Views: 141
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members