• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    when will they fu*king realize that gun free zones are play land for people with bad intentions

Exactly! So once again we see a clear example of how if even one person could have confronted the attacker with another weapon, this could have been stopped early in the process.

But here's the really unthinkable part: 20 people in a High School? You mean we have puss irised all the teenage boys so much that no one would pounce on this F-ER after the first person was stabbed?! If that would have happened in my school, I know of a half dozen boys that would have rushed him within the first 10 seconds.

I thought there was a no tolerance policy for both bullies and knives at school. Clearly a policy update is in order.

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    TWENTY now.

WTF is wrong with some people?

Our country has lost its bearings.

Agreed. We've tried jail now I'd like to see us bring back some more creative forms of punishment. How about the brazen bull, the iron maiden, or the pear of anguish? Give these nuts something to really fear. Don't know if it would really deter crime but, what we are doing now isn't working.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Exactly! So once again we see a clear example of how if even one person could have confronted the attacker with another weapon, this could have been stopped early in the process.

But here's the really unthinkable part: 20 people in a High School? You mean we have puss irised all the teenage boys so much that no one would pounce on this F-ER after the first person was stabbed?! If that would have happened in my school, I know of a half dozen boys that would have rushed him within the first 10 seconds.

I thought there was a no tolerance policy for both bullies and knives at school. Clearly a policy update is in order.

Believe it or not, a lot of people don't know they've been stabbed until after the confrontation is long over. Few report seeing the knife during the attack itself. There's no telltale gun shot alerting everyone in the vicinity. Just random people screaming. Certainly not the first time many students in the area had heard some people screaming for no alarming reason. Easy to mistake it for something else. Do you go investigate every car alarm you hear in your neighborhood? Me either.

Shit happens faster than you might think. Over before it started a lot of times, so to speak.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    It really comes down to the overall assumption of innocence until proven guilty, except when armed with a tool for self defense, then a person is automatically guilty of something.

One set of liberals really do not understand what they have wrought. The other set is willing to trade a few lives to achieve their goals. Both sets disgust me for different reasons. The first group because they don't really think things through, the second because they start with the idea that it will be lives that don't matter to them.

Went to Columbia Mall the other day (my usual shopping site) for the first time since the shooting in January. After we completed the purchase and i was leaving after a positive shopping experience with a terrific saleslady, I mentioned my reluctance to come to the mall since the shooting. She assured me that that was not a common occurrence at this mall, nothing to fret about. I asked her if she noticed anything in common in the places these types of things happen. She pondered if briefly, replied no and rattled off the list (schools, malls, theatre...). I pointed out they were all gun free zones, and a light bulb went on. Then I said if someone tried to do that at a range, they might get one shot off before the entire scenario changed. She agreed after a thoughtful pause.. Decided that was a win conversation at that point, thanked her and left. :)

One more person thinking it through...

StanW

Hooligan #8
    Dec 18, 2012
    Western MD
    In the comments section, someone jokes that knives will be banned next, followed by someone else noting it's already been done in the U.K., sure enough, from UK.gov, especially interesting is the allowed for religious purposes:

Knives: the laws on buying and carrying

The laws about buying and carrying a knife depend on the type of knife, your age and your circumstances.

Basic laws on knives

It is illegal to:
    • sell a knife of any kind (including cutlery and kitchen knives) to anyone under 18
    • carry a knife in public without good reason - unless it’s a knife with a folding blade 3 inches long (7.62 cm) or less, eg a Swiss Army knife
    • carry, buy or sell any type of banned knife (the list of banned knives is below)
    • use any knife in a threatening way (even a legal knife, such as a Swiss Army knife)
    Lock knives (knives with blades that can be locked when unfolded) are not folding knives, and are illegal to carry in public.

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and a fine of £5,000.
    Good reasons for carrying a knife

Examples of good reasons to carry a knife in public can include:
    • taking knives you use at work to and from work
    • you’re taking knives to a gallery or museum to be exhibited
    • the knife is going to be used for theatre, film, television, historical reenactment or religious purposes (eg the kirpan some Sikhs carry)
    A court will decide if you’ve got a good reason to carry a knife if you’re charged with carrying it illegally.

Knives that are illegal

There is a complete ban on the sale of some knives:
    • flick knives (also called ‘switchblades’ or ‘automatic knives’) - where the blade is hidden inside the handle and shoots out when a button is pressed
    • butterfly knives - where the blade is hidden inside a handle that splits in two around it, like wings; the handles swing around the blade to open or close it
    • disguised knives – eg where the blade is hidden inside a belt buckle or fake mobile phone
    • gravity knives
    • sword-sticks
    • samurai swords (with some exceptions, including antiques and swords made to traditional methods before 1954)
    • hand or foot-claws
    • push daggers
    • hollow kubotan (cylinder-shaped keychain) holding spikes
    • shuriken (also known as ‘death stars’ or ‘throwing stars’)
    • kusari-gama (sickle attached to a rope, cord or wire)
    • kyoketsu-shoge (hook-knife attached to a rope, cord or wire)
    • kusari (weight attached to a rope, cord or wire)
    This is not a complete list of banned knives. Contact your local police to check if a knife is illegal or not.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It really comes down to the overall assumption of innocence until proven guilty, except when armed with a tool for self defense, then a person is automatically guilty of something.

One set of liberals really do not understand what they have wrought. The other set is willing to trade a few lives to achieve their goals. Both sets disgust me for different reasons. The first group because they don't really think things through, the second because they start with the idea that it will be lives that don't matter to them.

Went to Columbia Mall the other day (my usual shopping site) for the first time since the shooting in January. After we completed the purchase and i was leaving after a positive shopping experience with a terrific saleslady, I mentioned my reluctance to come to the mall since the shooting. She assured me that that was not a common occurrence at this mall, nothing to fret about. I asked her if she noticed anything in common in the places these types of things happen. She pondered if briefly, replied no and rattled off the list (schools, malls, theatre...). I pointed out they were all gun free zones, and a light bulb went on. Then I said if someone tried to do that at a range, they might get one shot off before the entire scenario changed. She agreed after a thoughtful pause.. Decided that was a win conversation at that point, thanked her and left. :)

One more person thinking it through...

That's a nice mall. Went and saw Noah with my son there. He was talking about the shooting and I told him it was the safest place because it just happened and lightening rarely strikes twice. I noticed I was people watching and exit watching while I was watching the movie.

Then Fort Hood happened the next day. Then this stabbing crap happens today. We are no longer really and truly safe.

And don't try the Key Lime cheesecake at the Factory. It's addictive.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    That's a nice mall. Went and saw Noah with my son there. He was talking about the shooting and I told him it was the safest place because it just happened and lightening rarely strikes twice. Then Fort Hood happened the next day.

Exactly.

And don't try the Key Lime cheesecake at the Factory. It's addictive.

Amazing you mentioned that key lime cheesecake, we got takeaway last week from there and you betcha that was in the bag :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom