• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I've heard some rifle calibers can penetrate body armor and have telescopic sights. That is a sniper rifle with cop-killer bullets. Nobody needs ammo that can defeat body armor, cause deer don't wear it. Nobody needs to shoot a deer from a 1/2 mile away....
    AS-007 again? I told you we can't advertise that little bit that helps you guys in MD.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    ... They need more power first before they go after bolt rifles.

That's right. They're pathetically weak and powerless now. It's not like they can put half the country on house arrest purely by decree, shut down the economy, close the churches, close the schools, steal elections, pack the courts, suspend the Constitution, and open the borders.

They need more power first.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Would they even ship a M1 to MD? Their restrictions say no semi-autos to MD.

Yes actually. I asked back when they had the first Ethiopian M1 Carbines in stock for what was a semi-decent price for an online dealer. They said they would ship to MD. They would even ship the 15rnd magazine to someone else out of state for an extra $10

So Ian gets to cherry pick the one gem in the crate. Oh well. I was intrigued at first when word came down the pike about the Ethiopian find, esp. the reports of Metfords. But after seeing the few Metfords that came into the country I was a hard pass. Just not that interested in investing a fair pile of coin on a rough condition example. But they'll sell 'em all and I'm sure there are plenty of collectors who will find something of interest that meets their needs and budget. Outside of the supposed Russian stash that will probably turn to rust before being exported I'm wondering if there's much left out there in the way of legal to import stuff.

Yeah, the Metfords I saw in the last round were pretty beat up wood-wise. I think the thing a lot of people forget is that the previous imports we were getting were re-arsenaled and generally well-kept stuff from countries with the budget to properly handle and store the arms. Ethiopia, on the other hand, doesn't exactly have the tax base to pay for upkeep on obsolete military weaponry. The pricing on this stuff is astronomical. But, as I said, all that will do is up the price of those already in the country. I remember when folks said that Classic selling run-of-the-mill 91/30s for $200-$300 wouldn't change the market, but it did. Same will go for this stuff.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So Ian gets to cherry pick the one gem in the crate. Oh well. I was intrigued at first when word came down the pike about the Ethiopian find, esp. the reports of Metfords. But after seeing the few Metfords that came into the country I was a hard pass. Just not that interested in investing a fair pile of coin on a rough condition example. But they'll sell 'em all and I'm sure there are plenty of collectors who will find something of interest that meets their needs and budget. Outside of the supposed Russian stash that will probably turn to rust before being exported I'm wondering if there's much left out there in the way of legal to import stuff.

Dija notice the way the one gem was in the center of the "fan"? And how Uli rocketed in to help? And how the rest sort of rattled around when the sling got caught?

That crate was "salted". I hope Ian got a big fat check from Uli, 'cuz his videos lately make him look like Uli's b1tch.

I do. It isn't at that stage yet. They are following the UK plan.

If they did an EO to ban import of Bolt Rifles the backlash would be huge and everyone would say see they are trying to take away all firearms. They need more power first before they go after bolt rifles.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

What is the UK plan? Bolt actions are legal in most of the UK with proper licensing.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What is the UK plan? Bolt actions are legal in most of the UK with proper licensing.

/insert overblown conspiracy theory here

Reasons.

That’s why. Or something.

PS I think we can be confident supposing they ever do limit or ban manual action firearms, it is going to be a LONG time.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Previous post...Classic is not an importer, they purchase the import by others, namely
    IO RTI or Century.....to name a few.

The pricing is screwy for rifles that are 10.00 each plus shipping fees....making them 14.00. Then you pay....299. These all look like 89.00 rifles, have your pic.

Feb 28, 2013
    Royal Tiger imports/ IO inc. is the most sleazy and corrupt business in the firearms industry. The way they screwed over most customers on the AK parts kits have made dealing with them a gamble most won’t take. The grading system they use is laughable at best and outright criminal at worst.

More so than Mitchell’s Mausers? :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom