• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD

IMG_4911 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

Just received my MAGPUL Rail Light Mount (left side mountable), I was really excited to finally get my hands on this mount mainly because it was adaptable between .75" - 1.03" dimension flashlights. I thought this was another ingenious invention by MAGPUL, so I drank the proverbial Kool-Aide. I was able to buy this mount from AIM for approximately $28 with free shipping.

Left

Right

There was only one draw back that I saw with this setup and that was you needed to buy more than one mount if you changed your preference on which side you preferred your light mounted. I also thought that could be a retailers nightmare, trying to predict which version to stock more of depending on trends. There is the possibility that you could get stuck with a bunch of these if you order the wrong side. Well that's not my problem, just a thought. Back to the mount, it is very easy to setup and install parts seem to be sturdy and strong. Once you get the two rings on your light and tighten things down it is rock solid. Now for the down side. The mount does not work with all front sight combinations. If you are running a MBUS Gen1/2 you will not be able to place the mount in the forward position as expected. There is not enough clearance to get the mount secured in the forward positions.

Here is a quote from MAGPUL's site in reference to what the mount is expected to achieve "It positions the weapon light high and cantilevered forward, at the 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock position, to allow a more forward support hand position, keep the light tucked in close to the bore, and to minimize barrel shadow."

224_1240_popup.jpg

I tested this with several uppers with different configurations, good news is they work but barely with some setups. Bad news is MBUS setups are a no go unless you have the MBUS PRO. Figures right? Here is a video detailing the problem..

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Thanks for the heads up. I was looking at that setup two weeks ago but passed on it. I have yet to find anything that beats Elzetta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom