• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I was out at Engage a few days ago and I was introduced to a really cool product that's just hitting the market. It's pretty much a overhaul of the NEA Compact Carbine Stock (CSS). As you know The good folks at Engage were one of the few folks if not the only FFL in the country importing the NEA CSS, after having so much time handling, installing, and using the stock they noticed several short comings in application and design. Based on these short comings they reached out to MVB Industries to have some of the
    issues corrected. Engage has worked with MVB on several projects in the past. Long story short the MVB ARC Stock was born. My intial impression was that this stock is a huge improvement over the NEA CCS and the Troy PDW offerings.

Some of the obvious benefits over the NEA CSS Stock are:

Made in the USA (no importation necessary)
    Uses Mil-Spec Bolt Carrier
    Works with piston guns such as LWRCi's offerings
    Able to utilize more calibers (6.8spc, 5.45x39, etc..)
    Short and compact
    Does not change interface with lower once installed
    Revised and controls
    Firing while collapsed (this is almost like firing a pistol)

The biggest draw back to the NEA CCS is the proprietary bolt carrier. The proprietary carrier limited caliber options to 5.56/.223 and .300 blackout. This made buying a $400 dollar stock a little hard to stomach. The other draw back were the importation restrictions. The good news is Troy now makes these stocks in country, but they still have a design similar to
    the original NEA CCS so caliber options are similar and price is actually up to $500 for the Troy "copy". The only thing that Troy brings to the table is a FDE offering.

Some Draw backs to the MVB Industries Stock are:

Price ($399)
    Availability

I have posted two videos one is a side-by-side comparison and the other is a shooting demo. Hope this info was useful!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Amazing.

thanks for sharing. I've now got my PDW stock solution.

One question- any idea if it will be possible to get heavier buffers or springs?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Interesting, the mil spec bolt carrier option is definitely a plus for me. I try hard to shy away from proprietary parts. Interested to look at the internals of that thing

Drew1340

Nov 30, 2010
    AA county
    wont provide much in OAL for SBR options, which is where I see the largest benefits to the product.... sucks to be in Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom