• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    Sorry, I mistyped the date yesterday. My 2/16 Glock got to come home today. Here she is resting after her first trip to the range. :D

Attachments

• 20130405_193315[1].jpg
      20130405_193315[1].jpg
      93.2 KB · Views: 219

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    Got it

Bought gun Dec 18th. Shipped to FFL in parkville, md. Did paperwork on January 5th. FFL sent paperwork to MSP on Febuary 8th (over a month later). Picked the rifle up yesterday. 56 days after sent to MSP, 86 days after I did the paperwork, 110 days after I purchased it. Eligible to buy my next gun 140 days after the last one. How is that for timeliness?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      158.6 KB · Views: 223

Alex

Jan 19, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Bought gun Dec 18th. Shipped to FFL in parkville, md. Did paperwork on January 5th. FFL sent paperwork to MSP on Febuary 8th (over a month later). Picked the rifle up yesterday. 56 days after sent to MSP, 86 days after I did the paperwork, 110 days after I purchased it. Eligible to buy my next gun 140 days after the last one. How is that for timeliness?

But I thought you could just walk into a Walmart and walk out in 5 minutes with machine guns and rocket launchers? Isn't that what they said on the news?:sarcasm:

On a serious note, I've got to ask, a month for the FFL to send in the paper? What's the deal with that?

Hokie

Nov 20, 2012

Which FFL did you ship it to so I know not to transfer there...

sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    I'm so glad that I found this forum. I bought my first gun on 3/11. Checked with MSP last Friday and they were processing 2/15. Still awhile to go. :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Which FFL did you ship it to so I know not to transfer there...

Bought a DPMS online and had it shipped to my FFL and at that point made no mention of seeking for Collector's status approval. Apparently they too say on my app for about a month over some confusion about "holding everything until they could submit everything". At that point I hadn't bought anything else online yet.

Had they sent my app in the day I submitted it, I would have it by now or within the next few days :sad20:

sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    I'm so glad that I found this forum. I bought my first gun on 3/11. Checked with MSP last Friday and they were processing 2/15. Still awhile to go. :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Now I'm confused. Just called MSP and they said that they are on 2/11. The officer said that the answer depends on which side answers the phone. :mad54:

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    Now I'm confused. Just called MSP and they said that they are on 2/11. The officer said that the answer depends on which side answers the phone. :mad54:

People have already recieved guns purchased after 2/11, they were approving and letting people pick up purchases from 2/11 back on 3/26.

The MSP have their heads planty firmly up their own asses, they have no idea what they're doing, and calling and asking them questions will just result in you getting information that is outdated, plain wrong, or even made up.

sockgirl77

Pervinerdi
    Mar 5, 2013
    St. Mary's County.
    People have already recieved guns purchased after 2/11, they were approving and letting people pick up purchases from 2/11 back on 3/26.

The MSP have their heads planty firmly up their own asses, they have no idea what they're doing, and calling and asking them questions will just result in you getting information that is outdated, plain wrong, or even made up.

If they are indeed still sifting through 2/11 then I have an entire month to go. God, am I so glad that I shelled out that $400+. :sad20:

Cmoney

Nov 1, 2012
    If they are indeed still sifting through 2/11 then I have an entire month to go. God, am I so glad that I shelled out that $400+. :sad20:

I would bet on a minimum 55 day wait, anything sooner than that and you'll be one of the lucky ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom