Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 12th, 2021, 02:13 PM #61
American Patriot

American Patriot

Thanks Nick. I am going to probably buy a Sparrow for my .22 first and, when SS gets them back in, a user serviceable 9mm can. When you said "upload photo" does that mean I need a smart phone? I don't have one.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUZHTE1jMXg

Proud Patriot Picket
John from MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 07:40 PM #62
American Patriot

American Patriot

I ordered a suppressor

Thanks to the info you folks have supplied and feedback I received on the Dead Air Mask suppressor, I ordered one through Silencer Shop and will use Gun Metal as the FFL since that is the closest place to me.

As soon as I figure out which 9mm can I want, I will be ordering one of those also.

"A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of up to and including my life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it."
(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.

Proud Patriot Picket
Old May 12th, 2021, 08:23 PM #63

Iíve been following this thread which helped me finally pull the trigger. I went through silencer shop and got a DA Nomad-30 for my DDM4 PDW. I have to complete my fingerprints tomorrow because the shop was closed today and then itís sit and wait time...sigh.
GBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2021, 09:24 PM #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucard0822 View Post
https://www.quietbore.com/2020/10/14...rom-quietbore/

basically
1. pick out a form 1 kit, get specs/length/caliber etc, info only, do not buy it(having parts without a form 1 can get your dog shot), although some may allow a "deposit" and hold it till you have a form 1. get prints or do them yourself on FBI standard print cards
2. file a form 1 on the atf website with the spec info.
3. get confirm on the filing and a cover sheet, mail cover sheet and print cards to the ATF, send the letter to your CLEO.
4. get the F1 approved, buy the F1 suppressor kit and jig, most sellers now need a copy of your F1 before they send it. They should engrave it for you.
5. drill it, build it, use a test rod to make sure everything lines up and you won't get a baffle strike.
6. test fire. test with a brace before you pin/weld the mount and tube if you are doing a single stamp rifle with < 16" barrel.

A decent kit is stupid easy to make, basically drill baffles/end cap with a drill press, centering jig and assemble. Some may add clips, slots or ports in the baffles with a milling bit to get a little better performance.
I do have the freeze plug shaper for the 1.5" freezeplugs as well as a 6 ton press and those recommended in the $100 form 1 can thread by Webber.

The #4 part: Send letter to your CLEO. What letter is that. Also for fingerprints, I had a Trust once upon a time and did a Form 1 x 3. Do I need prints of those in the Trust (Me and Wife) or also the beneficiaries (still minors at this time)?
Stamp collector
Part-time paper puncher
md_al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 08:55 AM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by John from MD View Post
Thanks Nick. I am going to probably buy a Sparrow for my .22 first and, when SS gets them back in, a user serviceable 9mm can. When you said "upload photo" does that mean I need a smart phone? I don't have one.
John. Yes, I used my IPhone and the Silencer Shop app to take a photo. I am not sure what other ways it can be done. I might suggest talking to the FFL that you are having it shipped to as they might be able to direct you to another way to get that done.
awdnick2986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 09:27 AM #66
American Patriot

American Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdnick2986 View Post
John. Yes, I used my IPhone and the Silencer Shop app to take a photo. I am not sure what other ways it can be done. I might suggest talking to the FFL that you are having it shipped to as they might be able to direct you to another way to get that done.
I made an appointment for photo and fingerprints at Gun Metal in Millersville. I decided to go with the Dead Air Mask instead of the Sparrow based on numerous reviews of each.

Thanks for your help.

(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.

Proud Patriot Picket
Old May 13th, 2021, 05:55 PM #67
Why should we Free BSD?

Why should we Free BSD?

Quote:
Have you tried a sparrow yet? If not, I have 2 videos I can send you that may help you decide if that is what you'd like to get.

As for a user serviceable 9mm can, I'd recommend against it. Centerfire cans don't need to be cleaned very often, if at all. The centerfire rounds actually clean the can out for the most part when shooting.

Honestly, I'd tell you to skip the 9mm can and get a 45 can. Specifically the Silencerco Osprey 45. No need for suppressor height sights on your pistols and a 45 can will suppress anything 45ACP and smaller. I have videos of a Osprey 45 where I'm just shooting it and also where I'm hitting a steel plate target for sound comparison.

Call up SS and ask if you can do a backorder over the phone for a can that you want. You may be surprised as to what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoostation View Post
Like cherry blossoms in spring

Ban hammer falls and makes all better
Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Moses Browning, Reformed (M1911A1)

I give no fawkes.

SOTAR FTW!
Admitted H&K fan boy
NRA-Life

DaemonAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:01 PM #68

Quote:
I made an appointment for photo and fingerprints at Gun Metal in Millersville. I decided to go with the Dead Air Mask instead of the Sparrow based on numerous reviews of each.

Thanks for your help.
This is the first I've heard of this joint, I might have to check them out!
Reloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:02 PM #69
American Patriot

American Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonAssassin View Post
Have you tried a sparrow yet? If not, I have 2 videos I can send you that may help you decide if that is what you'd like to get.

I decided to go with a Dead Air Mask based on reviews and members feedback.

As for a user serviceable 9mm can, I'd recommend against it. Centerfire cans don't need to be cleaned very often, if at all. The centerfire rounds actually clean the can out for the most part when shooting.

I shoot cast bullets that I make in all my guns except .22RF and 5.56 AR platforms. This makes user serviceable mandatory as they crud up pretty good.

Honestly, I'd tell you to skip the 9mm can and get a 45 can. Specifically the Silencerco Osprey 45. No need for suppressor height sights on your pistols and a 45 can will suppress anything 45ACP and smaller. I have videos of a Osprey 45 where I'm just shooting it and also where I'm hitting a steel plate target for sound comparison.

I have no .45 that I wish to suppress that is why I want a 9mm can.

Call up SS and ask if you can do a backorder over the phone for a can that you want. You may be surprised as to what happens.

I replied to your post between the lines.

(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.

Proud Patriot Picket
Old May 13th, 2021, 06:09 PM #70
American Patriot

American Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloader View Post
This is the first I've heard of this joint, I might have to check them out!
From what I could find out, they look like a FFL machine shop that also does CerraKote.

FFL and SOT manufacturing company, custom shop and dealer (fi****ms and NFA items). Certified Cerakote applicator. Laser Engraving. Maryland's #1 Certified Cerakote applicator.

Premier Manufacturer for the AR Platform. Forged in America

We are now Maryland's #1 Certified Cerakote and Custom Shop. Winner of the Customer's Choice Award from the Cerakote factory. Our life philosophy is we are one Nation, UNDER GOD. I believe the Bible and the U.S. Constitution to be the greatest and most important documents ever written. We are supremely grateful to our men and women who have been in military service to our great nation. We also thank those in law enforcement and anyone else to puts their lives on the line so we can enjoy the American Dream. So great is our passion for America, our military, and fi****ms, we started a gun manufacturing company in a state ranked 4th in the nation for toughest firearm restrictions. We are committed to ensuring the survival of the 2nd Amendment. We channel this drive into our products by using the finest American materials and craftsmanship. We insist on the highest level of quality from our vendors. And we give back to our community by donating to local nonprofits and supporting local businesses.

(credit to a USAF pilot)

For those who gave all.

Proud Patriot Picket

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II