• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I believe that people went to church back in ancient times because most people were illiterate and they needed someone to read the gospel to them. Now that most people in the world can read, why do they still want someone else to stand in front of them and put their personal spin on what is clearly written in the Bible? What is written vs. what is practiced by religious groups is often quite different. I stopped going to church many years ago. The minister of the church I went to would preach fire and brimstone before the congregation! When it was over, he would often go directly to the bar, where he would get drunk and get into fights. He was found to have been raping his daughter, when he got her pregnant! I believe in God and believe God sees these things! In all my years, regardless of denomination, I have found those who are "holier than thou" to be the greatest sinners.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Scholarships are available for those from Ethnic Local Churches and also for students

I understand offering a scholarship for a kid to attend or really for anyone who cannot afford it but why do you have to be ethnic in order to get a discount? Unless of course that's their target audience.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I understand offering a scholarship for a kid to attend or really for anyone who cannot afford it but why do you have to be ethnic in order to get a discount? Unless of course that's their target audience.

Race trumps religion.

And logic and law.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Time to resign your membership

As an inactive member of UMC, I stopped going when they started forcing social edict from the national org.

If you want to frame your departure in a greater context, send your pastor and lay leaders a copy of ...

Resistance to Tyrants: Romans 13 and the Christian Duty to Oppose Wicked Rulers

Thomas Jefferson got it right when he said, "Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God", so how else do we resist tyranny unless we are armed to do so.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    So the Methodist Church is having a "Faith & Guns Forum" in DC next month.

https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50192/p/salsa/event/common/public/?event_KEY=90577&utm_source=e-connection+%7C+Oct.+17%2C+2016&utm_campaign=This+Week%27s+e-Connection+%7C+6.8.2015&utm_medium=email

As you can see, the speakers are all anti gun, even down to having Everytown for Gun Safety Survivors. They tout the number killed so far this year by guns as 10,751. Although I'd love to attend & present the truth, I am no good at public speaking & would only represent our side as a bumbling fool. What I want to do is put down in writing to submit to them a well spoken & fact based editorial pointing out the error of their ways. Doing a search on Google for facts on firearm deaths simply points to all antis (imagine that). What resources can I use to that gives me the research I need?

I hear some of this in our church too. UMC in Frederick. What I say is when the state stop liquor sales, drug sales and the church stops abortions that kill 2800 babies every day in the US maybe I'll think about gun control. Until then they are all hypocrites.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Isn't the Methodist Church a big time supporter of the Black Lives Matter terrorists?

Church is pushing issues of white privilege and BLM this year. I find it quite ironic that the Baltimore-Washington Conference goes along with this given that our current and former bishop are both black and the Conference just lost a black district superintendent who was promoted to the rank of bishop.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If you are going to stick with a church that doesn't support your Constitutional, and God given rights, at least privately ask some of your fellow members how they really feel about self defense. Look them in the eye and ask them if they thought it were ever possible that they might need a gun to protect themselves and their family. If that individual gives you a response other than what you know is right, and if you can't convince them to save themselves, you might want to join another church that believes in self-defense. I know a lot of Christians and Morons that are armed to the teeth!

I could not ever see myself "sticking with" ANY ?church? which did not support my GOD GIVEN rights. Sorry, but if they deny the rights which are given by God... Then they are, by virtue of their mindset, denying Gods right to give those rights. In that case... finding a church which preaches and lives the truth would be my mission.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I could not ever see myself "sticking with" ANY ?church? which did not support my GOD GIVEN rights. Sorry, but if they deny the rights which are given by God... Then they are, by virtue of their mindset, denying Gods right to give those rights. In that case... finding a church which preaches and lives the truth would be my mission.

:thumbsup:

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I don't get it and I never will, that anyone is so ignorant to blame an object for something when it is the people that are and will always be the problem. It is the same as blaming money for all bad things done with it. It is not the money but the people and one of the most misquoted scripture,"money is the root of all evil". ! Timothy 6:10 " For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." money is not evil, it is the LOVE of money. Guns are not bad just like money is not bad.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    I believe that people went to church back in ancient times because most people were illiterate and they needed someone to read the gospel to them. Now that most people in the world can read, why do they still want someone else to stand in front of them and put their personal spin on what is clearly written in the Bible? What is written vs. what is practiced by religious groups is often quite different. I stopped going to church many years ago. The minister of the church I went to would preach fire and brimstone before the congregation! When it was over, he would often go directly to the bar, where he would get drunk and get into fights. He was found to have been raping his daughter, when he got her pregnant! I believe in God and believe God sees these things! In all my years, regardless of denomination, I have found those who are "holier than thou" to be the greatest sinners.

Paul commends the Bereans for searching the Scriptures and checking what he is saying. The early church is expected to read the Scriptures.

The structure of the church is set out in the Bible including that there be teachers and that we should have fellowship- meet together. It doesn't have to be traditional and it sounds like you had a bad experience but meeting with other believers in some form and being taught are part of the deal.

The book of acts lays it out pretty clearly as does Revelation where Jesus addresses the church of when talking with His peeps.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville

I support the Constitution and believe that the Bible supports self defense but frankly it is not the core message of Jesus. He willingly died rather then self defend after all.

If a church is preaching Jesus' Gospel and loving each other like He commanded I am not going to get angry with them if they are anti/gun. I'll disagree of course. Usually it is just the symptom of a bigger problem though.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    My family were with the Brethern church since us Beck's came over here. About 15 years ago the national church started believing homosexuality was normal and advocating for gun control. The whole family had to leave the church after that. I'd leave before things get bitter.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I support the Constitution and believe that the Bible supports self defense but frankly it is not the core message of Jesus. He willingly died rather then self defend after all.

If a church is preaching Jesus' Gospel and loving each other like He commanded I am not going to get angry with them if they are anti/gun. I'll disagree of course. Usually it is just the symptom of a bigger problem though.

I've got to break with you here, pastor. It was God's plan that He die so that we may live eternally.

I don't believe the God I know and worship would have me simply give up to the home invader intent on taking my life.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    I've got to break with you here, pastor. It was God's plan that He die so that we may live eternally.

I don't believe the God I know and worship would have me simply give up to the home invader intent on taking my life.

No break necessary- I agree with you and believe that the Bible supports self defense.

My point was that someone can disagree with us and I will still call him a brother as it is not an essential to the message of Jesus - just as you said He died so that we may live. No one is going to be right about everything.

In the context of church there is stuff that we can disagree about and still be on the same team even if we are on opposite sides politically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom