• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Location, location, location...

High profile store with a past history and in the ghetto.

"Ghetto" you obviously are not a local. I can so how you many 3/4 of a Million dollar homes and plus in that community. Mine to be included. Jack ass get a clue.

Waldorf is the crap-hole of Charles County... to put it politely.

It's not Chicago but compared to the rest of somd it's a ghetto. I can't understand why anyone, especially second amendment supporter would buy a house for that kind of money in waldorf. You go out side waldorf 20 minutes and get a pretty nice place for that kind of money. 750 in st. mary's gets what I consider a really nice house with more than enough land for a private range.

I'm going to try to respond to all of the above, with this post.

First of all........ I've lived in Charles County, specifically Waldorf, since June of '82.
    Waldorf USED TO BE a really nice place to live, and I take offense to it being called "a ghetto". Seriously.
    I find Montgomery and Prince George's Counties to be areas that I won't go to, unless I absolutely have to.

No, Waldorf (in general/or as a whole) is NOT a "ghetto" as has been stated, and I really don't appreciate the comment, from someone that doesn't live here.
    PART of Waldorf is "ghetto" and I blame it all, on that _ _ _ _ed Mall that was built.

Waldorf has become PRINCE GEORGE'S SOUTH, because of that Mall.
    Crime has risen almost 250% since that craphole opened.
    Yes, we have our issues, and my own neighborhood isn't what it used to be.

Go visit Wally World, here. The vast majority of cars on any given day, have DC tags on them. That is FACT. I live less than 10 minutes from THAT _ _ _ _store.
    I won't go into that store, it's so filthy. (I go to Wally World in La Plata, for the record.)

Now as for traveling 20 minutes outside of Waldorf and finding 'better'.....
    BULL_ _ _ _!!!!!!! Pure bull_ _ _ _.
    There are some really 'depressed' places near Waldorf.

Bottom line......... there are BAD places all over this _ _ _ _hole of a state, but, Waldorf (as was generally termed) is not a ghetto.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Its not shopping drawing outsiders, there are new arrivals in the forests of new housing. New people live there.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    As a retail area, anything from the Berry Rd intersection towards PG is on the decline. The 'Dorf' itself is a patchwork of nicer areas and really sketchy places. Most of the shootings seems to be in those older townhouse developments that are mostly rentals at this point. I wouldn't blame it on 'the mall' itself. It's the quality of people who have moved into the Dorf that are the problem.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    a lot of truth here

As a retail area, anything from the Berry Rd intersection towards PG is on the decline. The 'Dorf' itself is a patchwork of nicer areas and really sketchy places. Most of the shootings seems to be in those older townhouse developments that are mostly rentals at this point. I wouldn't blame it on 'the mall' itself. It's the quality of people who have moved into the Dorf that are the problem.

I agree with this statement in bold for anywhere. I have lived in Germantown since 1989. a lot of rural and older developments. Quiet and nice. I live in a TH development in the older part of Germantown. These were built in the late 80's. Used to have many long term neighbors. Friendships, looking out for each other, etc. People started to move out and short term leases came in- a lot of gov contractors for like Lockheed, SAIC, etc. here and gone. You tend to not really know your neighbors. Then you have the renters of second owners or third owners. Hard to pass up a couple grand easy money from Section8 people. As such, a lot of ghetto people coming in. Take the boys out of the ghetto but not the ghetto out of the boys. Instead of enjoying a nicer place, they just use the system, cause havoc, then move on to the next sucker like locusts. You see hazmat looking people come in and take a lot of time cleaning up after these aholes

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    A very prominent md rep from chuck county told me one time years ago that “they” were changing demographics of the dorf because getting re-elected was much easier by giving away free shit than it ever was by having to produce something that the good old boys and rednecks would vote for

He also said “they” drew a line just north of laplata to stop the southern pg invasion. It must be getting close to the line now. I wonder what they will do if and when that line is crossed?

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA

First of all........ I've lived in Charles County, specifically Waldorf, since June of '82.
    Waldorf USED TO BE a really nice place to live, and I take offense to it being called "a ghetto". Seriously.
    I find Montgomery and Prince George's Counties to be areas that I won't go to, unless I absolutely have to.

No, Waldorf (in general/or as a whole) is NOT a "ghetto" as has been stated, and I really don't appreciate the comment, from someone that doesn't live here.
    PART of Waldorf is "ghetto" and I blame it all, on that _ _ _ _ed Mall that was built.

Go visit Wally World, here. The vast majority of cars on any given day, have DC tags on them. That is FACT. I live less than 10 minutes from THAT _ _ _ _store.
    I won't go into that store, it's so filthy. (I go to Wally World in La Plata, for the record.)

Bottom line......... there are BAD places all over this _ _ _ _hole of a state, but, Waldorf (as was generally termed) is not a ghetto.

As someone who lived in Waldorf since birth until a few years ago (minus 6 years in the 90’s), I can say without a shred of doubt that the mall or any other location has nothing to do with the ongoing ruination of a once great place to live. “Magic dirt” is comical at best. A simple graph showing the changing demographics vs crime statistics is all that’s needed to see what exactly is behind the vast majority of crime.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012

Blaming the issues in Waldorf on the Mall is exactly like blaming the crime, shootings, and murders in this country on guns.

All Malls should be banned........

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Bought a house in Waldorf in 1999 in a nice quiet, established neighborhood.
    Remodeled it top to bottom - roof, siding, widows, kitchen, bathrooms, flooring and in ground sprinklers. Had it perfect for us. Loved it!

Then the traffic, traffic lights, overdevelopment and the three-wide dump trucks on RT 301 / RT 5 started getting on my nerves. A 25 mile commute was taking close to an hour.

Then in June 2007 a kid rode his bike up my driveway, stuck a gun in my face at 3pm and stole my wallet in my own front yard in broad daylight. No one was ever caught or charged.

In August 2007 an elderly neighbor informed us that she had seen someone shining a flashlight around the back deck and in our basement windows and had called the police. No one was caught or detained.

In September 2007 I got a "For Sale" sign and moved to Northern Calvert and never looked back.

I blame a lot of Waldorf's problems on the subprime lending in the mid 2000's that created a huge influx of new residents, and piss-poor planning by the city/county. The overdevelopment is nuts! Very soon you won't know where Waldorf ends and La Plata begins.

I just saw where they are putting something else in North of Cracker Barrel and another huge WaWa sized 7-11 type gas station in at the corner of Willetts Crossing and RT 301 (across the road from a huge Dash In).

I swear the city planners own stock in the company that makes traffic lights. There has to be more traffic lights in Waldorf and the outlying communities than anywhere else on earth.

Easily 95% of my Navy Buddies and co-workers that lived in Waldorf have moved out over the past 15 years.

I now cut back through the country through Allens Fresh and Buds Creek just to avoid the whole area when traveling south. I have not shopped or eaten in Waldorf since September 2007.

byf43

Blaming the issues in Waldorf on the Mall is exactly like blaming the crime, shootings, and murders in this country on guns.

All Malls should be banned........

The crime in Waldorf quadrupled since that mall opened.
    I don't know how long you've been in Charles County, but, I've watched the crime rise, since it's opening.

I do blame the rise in crime on the mall opening.
    The same happened at Landover Mall, and Springfield Mall.

The mall(s) have attracted the "undesirables" and those that prey on people. Understand????

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    The crime in Waldorf quadrupled since that mall opened.
    I don't know how long you've been in Charles County, but, I've watched the crime rise, since it's opening.

I do blame the rise in crime on the mall opening.
    The same happened at Landover Mall, and Springfield Mall.

The mall(s) have attracted the "undesirables" and those that prey on people. Understand????

I’ve lived in this area virtually all my life, I’ll be 66 next month.

Your mindset is no better than the gun grabbers blaming guns on murders and shootings. Get rid of guns = no murders? Get rid of Malls = no crime or murders?

The issue is not the Mall in Waldorf, the issue is Waldorf’s population committing the crimes.

So you are suggesting that we can’t have a local shopping Mall because it attracts crime? LOLLLLL..

Understand??????

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I have lived off and on in Southern PG/Brandywine area since 1987 (with a few years overseas for a short while). This area and waldorf were great places until the mid to late 90's when things started to get worse and worse. I would be out of this area in a heartbeat (not just because of the politics of MD, but the increasing crime and traffic and such) if not for family commitments. The part of the Brandywine area I am in now was mostly spared until the last couple of years, there were maybe 2 or 3 "serious" crimes in the prior 15 or so years, there have been 3 already this year and 8 or 9 last year within a mile-ish of my house. I blame all the new development along Floral Park road and Accokeek road and the people moving in faster than the houses can be built.

I didnt categorize Waldorf as a ghetto, just saying that its the "craphole" of Charles County.. La Plata is far better overall and I drive right through Waldorf to go to places in La Plata if they exist in both towns, or I go to Bowie or Lexington Park if not. I only go to places in Waldorf to shop/eat anymore if I am desperate. The service you get and attitudes of people in stores that work or shop there is light years better in general in La Plata or even Bowie.

I have no hate for Waldorf proper really, its just a place to avoid for me any my friends and family..

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I swear the city planners own stock in the company that makes traffic lights. There has to be more traffic lights in Waldorf and the outlying communities than anywhere else on earth.

Maybe not the traffic light company, but some years back the chief counsel for the St Charles Companies purchased herself a seat on the county commission (actually the commissioner president slot).

byf43

I’ve lived in this area virtually all my life, I’ll be 66 next month.

Your mindset is no better than the gun grabbers blaming guns on murders and shootings. Get rid of guns = no murders? Get rid of Malls = no crime or murders?

The issue is not the Mall in Waldorf, the issue is Waldorf’s population committing the crimes.

So you are suggesting that we can’t have a local shopping Mall because it attracts crime? LOLLLLL..

Understand??????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The mall attracting people, and the surrounding homes built, along with the growing population has caused the influx of crime.
    Look at statistics.............. the population of Waldorf, is not committing the crimes. It's the people coming into Waldorf that's causing crime.

And for what it's worth, I'll be 67 in less than 2 weeks.

byf43

I have lived off and on in Southern PG/Brandywine area since 1987 (with a few years overseas for a short while). This area and waldorf were great places until the mid to late 90's when things started to get worse and worse. I would be out of this area in a heartbeat (not just because of the politics of MD, but the increasing crime and traffic and such) if not for family commitments. The part of the Brandywine area I am in now was mostly spared until the last couple of years, there were maybe 2 or 3 "serious" crimes in the prior 15 or so years, there have been 3 already this year and 8 or 9 last year within a mile-ish of my house. I blame all the new development along Floral Park road and Accokeek road and the people moving in faster than the houses can be built.

I didnt categorize Waldorf as a ghetto, just saying that its the "craphole" of Charles County.. La Plata is far better overall and I drive right through Waldorf to go to places in La Plata if they exist in both towns, or I go to Bowie or Lexington Park if not. I only go to places in Waldorf to shop/eat anymore if I am desperate. The service you get and attitudes of people in stores that work or shop there is light years better in general in La Plata or even Bowie.

I have no hate for Waldorf proper really, its just a place to avoid for me any my friends and family..

I grew up (since '67) in Brandywine. Clinton Acres, specifically.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    "Ghetto" you obviously are not a local. I can so how you many 3/4 of a Million dollar homes and plus in that community. Mine to be included. Jack ass get a clue.

I live 15 miles south of waldorf. I have called SOMD home for the past 30 years and seen the decline that has resulted as Prince Georges county has moved south and brought the same bad habits with them.

Harbor freight and Home Depot is the only reason I still go to Waldorf and even then I watch like a hawk, drive my old beater and only go during daylight hours. Why does the CCSO keep a cruiser in the shopping center where Harbor freight is ?

So you signed the note for $750k and that means something ? Can you hear your neighbors toilet flush ? The next phase of sprawl is being cleared right now on Billingsley, they are almost next to the power plant and just beyond that is the man made mountain of progress. Wonder what those are going to sell for ?

The double talk here sounds like a democrat on gun control. Its not bad, but its far from great, but its not horrible ?

Fredericksburg is a longer haul for just going to harbor freight but I dont feel like there are dozens of eyes watching me and deciding if they want to rob me.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I moved into St Charles in 1972, moved out in 86. Yeah, I'd say it has changed.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom