• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I'm glad MG doesn't have a roof. If I'm foolish enough to venture out in bad weather I am rewarded by an empty range. :D

:thumbsup:
    My beach umbrella is perfect for rainy and sunny days, I just might miss not having a roof at MG especially since I already have to stand in line to shoot on weekends.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The one rule I would love to see changed at MG is that you are allowed to take a guest with you when you shoot. or make a friends/ family permit, This would be a good way to get the family or some new gun owners out shooting and teach them right

I take my 10 year old son with me from time to time and He doesnt have hunter safety class so he can not get a range permit. My son has no intrest in taking the class or hunting. But I like him to shoot with me from time to tome so he knows how to use the firearms that are in my home and see they are not toys and they will destroy things (this case put holes in cardbord) and my wife doesnt hunt and she really doesnt like to shoot but she wants to shoot my H.D. handguns so she knows how to use them if she shuold ever need to. I don't see how it would hurt anything as long as the other person is using only one bench.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I agree, it's really stupid that children are supposed to take a hunter safety course to shoot at MG. When I was a kid I wasn't into hunting but I was definitely into guns. I guess the state doesn't trust parents to teach their own kids about gun safety. I was 12 when I first shot a gun, it was at Maryland Small Arms range in Upper Marlboro, they don't require kids to take hunting safety courses there.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Good to hear it's not a street gang issue, as I stated with the comment "we can only pray" pretty much summed it up that I/we are unsure of the nature of the name, so, with that said, no harm, no foul. ..

I/we is incorrect. Just you. And yes it was an unjustified attack. Harm, no. Foul yes.

As Zombiehunter said:
    In the spirit of forgiveness and to better my fellow man:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

please go to that link and read it.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    I'm planning on enrolling my Daughter in the next Hunters Safety class just so she can shoot at MG with me. I saw on Cartwright's sign, there is one coming up soon.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I'm planning on enrolling my Daughter in the next Hunters Safety class just so she can shoot at MG with me. I saw on Cartwright's sign, there is one coming up soon.

The real issues with this is if the child isnt into hunting they will not pay attention in the class and not really learn anything and may not pass the class

Now if you can get a child into shooting first and learn they can shoot well, it may very well inspire them to take up hunting and then they will want to take the huter safety class.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    The real issues with this is if the child isnt into hunting they will not pay attention in the class and not really learn anything and may not pass the class

Now if you can get a child into shooting first and learn they can shoot well, it may very well inspire them to take up hunting and then they will want to take the huter safety class.

She has already taken a wonderful NRA First Steps Rifle class. Unfortunately, for some reason, that's doesn't qualify for MG. :sad20:

The last HS class I took was more geared toward safety, ethics and public image than it was for hunting. I would like her to take the class regardless.

Besides, she's obviously not a boy and knows how to pay attention in class.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom