06/12/23 Limo driver beaten, dragged by vehicle in violent carjacking. "Two people" sought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Two people violently attacked a limo driver in Northwest D.C. early Saturday, hitting him with a brick and dragging him before taking his SUV.

Michael Tsige, of Arlington, said he was for his assignment near 24th and L streets when a man asked for help jumpstarting his car.

“When I talked to him, the other one hit the window with a brick,” he said. “Window broken. I shift my head to the passenger side.”

That’s when the men began beating him and tried pull him out of the car, he said.

Black, wide brimmed hat. Black pants and suspenders, blue shirt. Long white beard, no mustache, no visible tattoos.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    His SUV has a tracking device, and he was able to tell police where the car had been. He was angry Monday because he was still tracking his car and police hadn’t recovered it.

“I went into the police, I showed them the case number and Then I asked them to help me. No help.”

News4 found the car and flagged down police.

Nothing like adding insult to injury.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Two people violently attacked a limo driver in Northwest D.C. early Saturday, hitting him with a brick and dragging him before taking his SUV.

Michael Tsige, of Arlington, said he was for his assignment near 24th and L streets when a man asked for help jumpstarting his car.

“When I talked to him, the other one hit the window with a brick,” he said. “Window broken. I shift my head to the passenger side.”

That’s when the men began beating him and tried pull him out of the car, he said.

Black, wide brimmed hat. Black pants and suspenders, blue shirt. Long white beard, no mustache, no visible tattoos.
    The brazenness of this.

You'd think they'd encounter someone who's carrying at some point.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Then we will be contributing to that fellas defense fund
    DC's self-defense law falls into a middle ground between "Duty to Retreat" and "Stand Your Ground".

Under the case law of the District of Columbia, the District is neither a “right to stand and kill” nor a “duty to retreat to the wall before killing” jurisdiction. The District case law has established a “middle ground.”

You should take reasonable steps, such as stepping back or walking away, to avoid the necessity of taking a human life, so long as those steps are consistent with your own safety. However, you do not have to retreat or consider retreating when you actually and reasonably believe that you are in danger of death or serious bodily harm and that deadly force is necessary to repel that danger.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I trust the Police to keep us safe. :)

*****Unfortunately the police can't be everywhere and in many areas are remarkably overextended and under-staffed.

Some of this could be fixed by forcing criminals to serve out their entire sentence in jail, or otherwise very uncomfortable situations (Dentists chair, forced to wear a MAGA hat at a mostly peaceful Antifa Rally, etc.. I could think up some more..:))

Meme below kind of sums it up in a way..

decent-person.jpeg

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    The brazenness of this.

You'd think they'd encounter someone who's carrying at some point.
    They most likely already have. Once they turn and run and no longer pose a threat you can't shoot them. They know that and will just search for an easier victim down the road. Most attempts aren't reported and even if they're reported most aren't news worthy.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    They most likely already have. Once they turn and run and no longer pose a threat you can't shoot them. They know that and will just search for an easier victim down the road.
    Maybe so. I'm fine with them running from me. My sympathies go to the easier victim down the road.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    There are simply not enough on the street. They don't have the staffing numbers to have an adequate presence per shift.
    I think RFBfromDE was being sarcastic.
    Anyway I agree with you in your post number 12. I sympathize with the easier victim who can't defend themselves because of job, business, location, etc. restrictions.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    I think RFBfromDE was being sarcastic.
    Anyway I agree with you in your post number 12. I sympathize with the easier victim who can't defend themselves because of job, business, location, etc. restrictions.
    Yup, I picked up on it. ;) MPD will probably dip below 3,000 officers by the end of next year given the numbers resigning/retiring at the present rate. They've kept the prediction above 3,100.... I'm not buying it.

Despite some hiring in the past year, the force had just over 3,350 sworn officers at the end of March, a net loss of about 450 over the past three years. Police Chief Robert J. Contee III said he expected the size of the force could fall to about 3,130 by the end of fiscal year 2024.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom