06/12/23 Limo driver beaten, dragged by vehicle in violent carjacking. "Two people" sought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    DC's self-defense law falls into a middle ground between "Duty to Retreat" and "Stand Your Ground".

Under the case law of the District of Columbia, the District is neither a “right to stand and kill” nor a “duty to retreat to the wall before killing” jurisdiction. The District case law has established a “middle ground.”

You should take reasonable steps, such as stepping back or walking away, to avoid the necessity of taking a human life, so long as those steps are consistent with your own safety. However, you do not have to retreat or consider retreating when you actually and reasonably believe that you are in danger of death or serious bodily harm and that deadly force is necessary to repel that danger.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
    Surprisingly, DC has halfway decent self-defense laws.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Surprisingly, DC has halfway decent self-defense laws.
    Yeah, it is a bit surprising for that. I'm curious how they settled on a middle ground.

However, DC doesn't let you have magazines in excess of 10 rounds and prohibits carry on the Metro.

Hopefully Plaintiffs are successful in each of the lawsuits on that eventually.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    @StantonCree may beg to differ sir
    He probably has a point but it’s strictly schedule based. The police have a much more localized population (DMV employees). The FD schedule lends itself to individuals coming from further out. They have a large population of PA, WV, NC, red MD Counties, and red VA County employees because you work 24 on then you get 2 days off. If their schedule ever rotated to a MPD style schedule they would lose their employees from further red regions.

Holdsclaw50

Oct 20, 2020
    Everywhere you go, crime is just out of control.No one is safe. I remember back in the day when everyone said, don't risk your life for material things. Just give it to them. I don't believe that. Nowadays they will still kill whether you give it to them or not.I rather take my chances and fight for what I worked hard for than someone take from me. I always remember what me father said to me, better to be with it than without it. And by that you know what I'm talking about. Law abiding citizens work hard everyday to provide for the themselves and their families. Some people just don't have respect for the rule of law.
    I'm going protect myself and my family no matter what. I will deal with the other stuff later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom