• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    An article in the Washington Times has an analysis that 1% of the counties in the nation have 42% of the murders committed nationwide. Of course the majority of the national media will ignore this as it doesn't fit the narrative. Another "inconvenient truth" the Left refuses to acknowledge.

Washington Times article

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Interesting statistic...

If they take it a step further. On a city level, rather then county. Bet It would be a higher percentage, using Chicago, LA, and NY for example.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Not to mention Baltimore City isn’t part of any “county”, so maybe the 300+ murders annually won’t show up in that survey? Are there any other cities that are similarly independent?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    An article in the Washington Times has an analysis that 1% of the counties in the nation have 42% of the murders committed nationwide. Of course the majority of the national media will ignore this as it doesn't fit the narrative. Another "inconvenient truth" the Left refuses to acknowledge.

Washington Times article

****Changing zoning laws will no doubt help to spread that out a bit in the name of equity. Nothing like building a bunch of low income housing/MPDU units in a formerly really nice suburban neighborhood to help things out a bit. :rolleyes:

Generally speaking, a nice apartment complex with folks that come from uhhh... "Economically disadvantaged" areas and moved there don't stay nice for long, nor as a general rule increase property values in the area, nor reduce the crime rates, etc..

I know more than a few young and successful professional city folks, whose outlook on having such cultural enrichment in their neighborhoods is that "we need to all learn to live together", change their minds rather abruptly once married and getting a kid or two.

Even someone young, financially successful, and into diversity can only take so much of seeing guys with no discernible means of support, hanging out in the playgrounds smoking weed, drinking, and breaking glass bottles in the street, littering and basically just being loser hoodlums in a neighborhood where apartments rent for $4k a month or more, in the newer nicer sections. Those young, idealistic couples move out to the suburbs once the kiddies come along.

Once there, they of course vote for the zoning law changes that bring the "hood" back to their new, and currently safe for now hood, and the cycle begins with the nuisance crimes and move on to property crimes,to violent crimes, etc.. This is pretty much what happened in parts of Germantown, MoCo where I used to have rental properties that I sold once HOC and other such well meaning organization started up with lots and lots of Sec 8 housing. I am told the same happened in Wheaton, Silver Spring, and other areas of the county - but it was a bit before my time.

This can all be fixed. I'm of the opinion most anything broken can be fixed, but it may not be palatable nor politically possible at the moment. Those that can will probably just move away though - definitely the path of lesser resistance as it seems a sizeable number of people in the county voted for this and are now getting it good and hard with all of the carjackings, murders, rapes, and nuisance/property crimes, etc..

Narratives can and do change though.

Not to mention Baltimore City isn’t part of any “county”, so maybe the 300+ murders annually won’t show up in that survey? Are there any other cities that are similarly independent?
    Baltimore City is the name of the county.
    On a 4473, a resident of Baltimore County or Baltimore City has to spell out the name of their county. Harford, Carroll, Montgomery, etc. don't have to do that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Since those counties are probably of a certain demograpic make up I'm sure the story will be deemed racist and promply swept under the rug.
    Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were black or African-American, 42.3% were white, and 3.1% were of other races. Including homicide victims in 2019 where the race was unknown, 53.7% were black or African-American, 41.6% were white, 3% were of other races, and 1.7% were of unknown races.

(from Wikipedia)

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Someone had a youtube thing (probably Guns & Gadgets) and was discussing such a type of statistic using various cities.

Detroit (the city itself) has 6% of the State's population yet is responsible for like 48% (or 62%, don't remember) of the State's crime.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    the homicide rate map matches almost exactly with the "vote blue" map. Highest homicide rates also vote most strongly democrat.
    The more broad "violent crime" map has the same overlap.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were black or African-American, 42.3% were white, and 3.1% were of other races. Including homicide victims in 2019 where the race was unknown, 53.7% were black or African-American, 41.6% were white, 3% were of other races, and 1.7% were of unknown races.

(from Wikipedia)
    It is worth noting that Hispanics are often lumped in with white. The FBI did this, too, in order to inflate the white on black murder numbers.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    It's an established fact that white environmental climate change, systemic white racism, white established food deserts, and the racist white DJT and white deplorable gun owners (white's owning black firearms...), are entirely the cause of these faux statistics, promulgated by racist whites...

Question that and you are a white racist, uncle Tom, or what have you.

The real question is how to address the real issue.

And that requires introspection rather than deflection to others; which is part of the issue.

And the real issue is?

Cmdr_Cupcake

Apr 29, 2022
    Near The Airport
    Until conservatives start openly addressing racial issues of crime stats (especially the percentage of identities of victims and perps) none of this will change and it will be leveraged to support more gun control.

That being said, it will never happen.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Until conservatives start openly addressing racial issues of crime stats (especially the percentage of identities of victims and perps) none of this will change and it will be leveraged to support more gun control.

That being said, it will never happen.
    Race has little to do with it. It's the culture and socioeconomic things. We don't need to dive down into the sesspool of identitarian politics with the left. I see this all the time in education and it's hilarious.

Them: Black kids are unjustly targeted by discipline in schools
    Me: That's not true. The kids getting disciplined are getting disciplined because they are the kids breaking rules and performing poorly.
    Them: RACIST! How dare you say black kids are breaking more rules than white kids.
    Me: okay..... do you think socioeconomic factors are the actual main factor leading to poor academic performance? Things like poverty, single parent households, domestic abuse...etc?
    Them: yes
    Me: Do you feel black people disproportionately suffer negative socioeconomic factors such as poverty, single parent households, domestic abuse...etc?
    them: yes, of course
    Me: ..... sooooo....
    them: ....yesss.....?
    me: ....doesn't that logically mean if socioeconomic factors drive poor performance, and black people disproportionately suffer from these variables, that it is more likely for black kids to perform poorly in schools?
    them: RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    What is the percentage of population resident in those counties ?

There is Loving Co, TX and then there is Los Angeles Co, CA. They are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom