• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cmdr_Cupcake

Apr 29, 2022
    Near The Airport
    Race has little to do with it. It's the culture and socioeconomic things. We don't need to dive down into the sesspool of identitarian politics with the left. I see this all the time in education and it's hilarious.

Them: Black kids are unjustly targeted by discipline in schools
    Me: That's not true. The kids getting disciplined are getting disciplined because they are the kids breaking rules and performing poorly.
    Them: RACIST! How dare you say black kids are breaking more rules than white kids.
    Me: okay..... do you think socioeconomic factors are the actual main factor leading to poor academic performance? Things like poverty, single parent households, domestic abuse...etc?
    Them: yes
    Me: Do you feel black people disproportionately suffer negative socioeconomic factors such as poverty, single parent households, domestic abuse...etc?
    them: yes, of course
    Me: ..... sooooo....
    them: ....yesss.....?
    me: ....doesn't that logically mean if socioeconomic factors drive poor performance, and black people disproportionately suffer from these variables, that it is more likely for black kids to perform poorly in schools?
    them: RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    False and out of touch with reality. This is something that every 'conservative' and lolbert afraid of being called a racist says.

There's nothing wrong with identity politics especially since the opposition will never abandon them and are more than happy that you refuse to rally around your own kinds. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can stop being atomized (ie. politically impotent).

Poverty doesn't create crime. Crime creates poverty. Reminder, the poorest white communities still have wildly lower crime rates than the wealthiest black ones.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Baltimore City is the name of the county.
    On a 4473, a resident of Baltimore County or Baltimore City has to spell out the name of their county. Harford, Carroll, Montgomery, etc. don't have to do that.
    Interesting, I always thought it was a city. From Wiki:

"There are 23 counties and one independent city in the U.S. state of Maryland. Though an independent city rather than a county, the City of Baltimore is considered the equal of a county for most purposes and is a county-equivalent. "

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Not to mention Baltimore City isn’t part of any “county”, so maybe the 300+ murders annually won’t show up in that survey? Are there any other cities that are similarly independent?

For most such Federal Statistics , Independent Cities , and combined City- Counties are treated as " County Equivalents " .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Poverty doesn't create crime. Crime creates poverty. Reminder, the poorest white communities still have wildly lower crime rates than the wealthiest black ones.
    You're conflating "crime" with violent crime.

There's plenty of crime being committed on K Street and within the confines of the Capitol, and guess what? It's creating wealth . . . for the criminals involved.

Violent crime stems from a culture that emboldens it, and accepts it as an alternative to a more socially acceptable mode of conduct.

Sadly, this acceptance is a direct result of efforts to promote it via a system deliberately designed to create a culture of dependency for the purpose of maintaining power over the economically disadvantaged.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What is the percentage of population resident in those counties ?

There is Loving Co, TX and then there is Los Angeles Co, CA. They are different.

I couldn't imeadately come up with that specific statistic .

But in related background , 50% of US population lives in the most populous 140 Counties ( out of 3.006 Counties) .

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    False and out of touch with reality. This is something that every 'conservative' and lolbert afraid of being called a racist says.

There's nothing wrong with identity politics especially since the opposition will never abandon them and are more than happy that you refuse to rally around your own kinds. The sooner you accept that the sooner you can stop being atomized (ie. politically impotent).

This is not entirely helpful.

West PG County/Bowie etc is nearly as Black as the East side/DC.

But West their are intact families, employment and homeownership.

Black culture is spiritual and joyous.

Ghetto culture is a disease.

Black culture has been in decline for some time but it must win.

Ghetto culture will take EVERYONE with it otherwise.

Cmdr_Cupcake

Apr 29, 2022
    Near The Airport
    This is not entirely helpful.

West PG County/Bowie etc is nearly as Black as the East side/DC.

But West their are intact families, employment and homeownership.

Black culture is spiritual and joyous.

Ghetto culture is a disease.

Black culture has been in decline for some time but it must win.

Ghetto culture will take EVERYONE with it otherwise.
    PG county is an absolute cesspool. The Bowie area slightly less so because it feeds off high paying gov jobs heavily occupied by blacks so it's certainly more affluent but crime is much, much higher there than the same income bracket for whites even if not Baltimore/DC levels.

You have some very optimistic points and I always *hope* I'm proven wrong. Unfortunately that's not my experience. The current racial issues in the US are bad and rapidly deteriorating.

Cmdr_Cupcake

Apr 29, 2022
    Near The Airport
    You're conflating "crime" with violent crime.

There's plenty of crime being committed on K Street and within the confines of the Capitol, and guess what? It's creating wealth . . . for the criminals involved.

Violent crime stems from a culture that emboldens it, and accepts it as an alternative to a more socially acceptable mode of conduct.

Sadly, this acceptance is a direct result of efforts to promote it via a system deliberately designed to create a culture of dependency for the purpose of maintaining power over the economically disadvantaged.
    Okay, violent crime then. Sure. My point still stands.

I'm gonna big disagree with you here because the same behavior is prevalent in other parts of the world with large populations of African descent. The only exceptions are areas where the behavior is punished with brutality such as Islamic countries with significant black populations but severe penalties. Even parts of Africa will smash a criminal's head with a rock for relatively minor crimes but I can't hold those up as models because they're still destitute shitholes with no hope of ever being anything else without an advanced usurper like 1800s Europe or modern Chinese efforts.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter

Something is not right here.

Your reference to "refuse to rally around your own kinds"...

And Cmdr_Cupcake... IDK

Perhaps if you were Boss soft crab...
    Or Officer Oyster...
    Or Ayatollah of the Mano Marines...

BTW stupidity gives rise to crime more than anything else.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Race has little to do with it. It's the culture and socioeconomic things. We don't need to dive down into the sesspool of identitarian politics with the left. I see this all the time in education and it's hilarious.

Them: Black kids are unjustly targeted by discipline in schools
    Me: That's not true. The kids getting disciplined are getting disciplined because they are the kids breaking rules and performing poorly.
    Them: RACIST! How dare you say black kids are breaking more rules than white kids.
    Me: okay..... do you think socioeconomic factors are the actual main factor leading to poor academic performance? Things like poverty, single parent households, domestic abuse...etc?
    Them: yes
    Me: Do you feel black people disproportionately suffer negative socioeconomic factors such as poverty, single parent households, domestic abuse...etc?
    them: yes, of course
    Me: ..... sooooo....
    them: ....yesss.....?
    me: ....doesn't that logically mean if socioeconomic factors drive poor performance, and black people disproportionately suffer from these variables, that it is more likely for black kids to perform poorly in schools?
    them: RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think that conversation has been repeated thousands of times over, and it still doesn't sink into Progressives' skulls.

Cmdr_Cupcake

Apr 29, 2022
    Near The Airport
    Something is not right here.

Your reference to "refuse to rally around your own kinds"...

And Cmdr_Cupcake... IDK

Perhaps if you were Boss soft crab...
    Or Officer Oyster...
    Or Ayatollah of the Mano Marines...

BTW stupidity gives rise to crime more than anything else.
    Yes, it is blatantly obvious that every racial group is more or less acting on collective interests.. except one.
    This is not hard to see but conservatives bury their heads in the sand because they don't have an answer without having to be *mean.* Gasp, God-forbid...

And you're right.. Stupidity certainly causes more crime than anything else. Guess what racial group has an average 85 IQ (1.5 standard deviations below average) in the US and and an average 70 IQ (legally retarded) on a certain continent... I'll wait.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Yes, it is blatantly obvious that every racial group is more or less acting on collective interests.. except one.
    This is not hard to see but conservatives bury their heads in the sand because they don't have an answer without having to be *mean.* Gasp, God-forbid...

And you're right.. Stupidity certainly causes more crime than anything else. Guess what racial group has an average 85 IQ (1.5 standard deviations below average) in the US and and an average 70 IQ (legally retarded) on a certain continent... I'll wait.
    Well,
    Asians?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The cash bail system is at the core of many of the class and race-based inequities in the criminal legal system," the task force claimed.

Uh... its easy to get around having to post bail... don't do the f*in' crime in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom