• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Had to laugh this morning watching the young black democrat mayor of Chicago blame the recent rash of shootings on republicans. Basically saying “it’s the republicans fault due to their loose gun laws”. How many of these shootings are committed by legal permit holders and licensed firearms? Yea, I thought so!

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Had to laugh this morning watching the young black democrat mayor of Chicago blame the recent rash of shootings on republicans. Basically saying “it’s the republicans fault due to their loose gun laws”. How many of these shootings are committed by legal permit holders and licensed firearms? Yea, I thought so!
    You weren't expecting him to say "My party's decades of policies creating mutigenerational learned helplessness has deprived members of the community of opportunities for adequate education and presence of role models that could result in meaningful careers in the legitimate economy, locking them into cycles of violent crime and incarceration as the only pathway left", were you? :sad20:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What is the percentage of population resident in those counties ?

There is Loving Co, TX and then there is Los Angeles Co, CA. They are different.
    23% of the US population resides in the 1% most populated counties. Still a higher murder rate. But there you have it with statistics. You can make anything sound super scary if you just omit some context.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    23% of the US population resides in the 1% most populated counties. Still a higher murder rate. But there you have it with statistics. You can make anything sound super scary if you just omit some context.

Given the stark size differences, 'county' is not a great way to compare things. There is a reason the feds use census tracts of about 4000 inhabitants each to make comparisons.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Per Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/County_statistics_of_the_United_States

Largest population counties nationwide
    (2021 Census estimate)[5]
    RankCountyPopulation
    1​
    Los Angeles County, California
    9,829,544​
    2​
    Cook County, Illinois
    5,173,146​
    3​
    Harris County, Texas
    4,728,030​
    4​
    Maricopa County, Arizona
    4,496,588​
    5​
    San Diego County, California
    3,286,069​
    6​
    Orange County, California
    3,167,809​
    7​
    Miami-Dade County, Florida
    2,662,777​
    8​
    Kings County, New York
    2,641,052​
    9​
    Dallas County, Texas
    2,586,050​
    10​
    Riverside County, California
    2,458,395​
    11​
    Queens County, New York
    2,331,143​
    12​
    Clark County, Nevada
    2,292,476​

Smallest population counties in the 50 states and District of Columbia
    (2021 Census estimate)[5]

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    I know, I know...somewhere between 0 and none most likely.

uncfolife

Mar 3, 2017
    Fort Washington, MD
    Yes, it is blatantly obvious that every racial group is more or less acting on collective interests.. except one.
    This is not hard to see but conservatives bury their heads in the sand because they don't have an answer without having to be *mean.* Gasp, God-forbid...

And you're right.. Stupidity certainly causes more crime than anything else. Guess what racial group has an average 85 IQ (1.5 standard deviations below average) in the US and and an average 70 IQ (legally retarded) on a certain continent... I'll wait.
    For the violent crimes not committed by blacks is it also IQ related or some other factors?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Given the stark size differences, 'county' is not a great way to compare things. There is a reason the feds use census tracts of about 4000 inhabitants each to make comparisons.

Sure . Zip Code or Census Tract will really nail things down . Still a stark contrast .

The two edged sword is that a single brawl in East Cow Fart Nebraska with population 12 could give a rate of violent crime more than West Baltimore .

Finger slipped too soon

But there is context to also discuss by city and state , because those are the levels of laws of governance .

Last edited:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The two edged sword is that a single brawl in East Cow Fart Nebraska with population 12 could give a rate of violent crime more than West Baltimore .

Yeah. Lived in East Cow Fart (or ECF as the in crowd calls it) for a few years. It was a haven of safety until the a pipeline crew came through to lay some pipe. Well, one of the local barflys took one of them home and was found raped and murdered the next morning. Suddenly we had the murder rate of West Baltimore.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Among homicide victims in 2019 where the race was known, 54.7% were black or African-American, 42.3% were white, and 3.1% were of other races. Including homicide victims in 2019 where the race was unknown, 53.7% were black or African-American, 41.6% were white, 3% were of other races, and 1.7% were of unknown races.

(from Wikipedia)
    In those stats, Hispanics are counted as white.
    My wife is darker than Obama without his makeup but the ATF counts her as white.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom