19 April "Serious, No-shit freedom work;" Liberals may attempt to incite violence

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oather

Oct 19, 2009
    Is there any law prohibiting wearing a vest at this event? Anyone have a group trip going?

You mean like a tactical vest? No, in fact they are encouraging people to bring their full loadout. Just as long as you transport if there in a legal fashion and no magazines touch rifle while OC's. They are also asking people to use chamber flags in their rifles.

I don't know of anyone else going. I am up in the Harford county area and wouldn't mind commuting down with others. PM me if interested.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    I'm getting a little confused here. Can you guys clear up the location for me?

I thought this was going to be held at the Washington Monument in DC. There isn't any carry of any kind there that I know of. So clearly you guys are speaking of another location. Is the one in DC still happening? If not where is it happening?

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    I'm getting a little confused here. Can you guys clear up the location for me?

I thought this was going to be held at the Washington Monument in DC. There isn't any carry of any kind there that I know of. So clearly you guys are speaking of another location. Is the one in DC still happening? If not where is it happening?

The rally discussed mostly in this thread is called the "Restore The Constitution Rally." http://muster4-19.ning.com/events/restore-the-constitution-rally This will be the Open-Carry rally since it will be held in Virginia.

The "National 2A March" is still happening in DC as is described here. http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com/

Both are going to be exceptional rallies. The OC-VA rally will be smaller than the DC March. I would strongly urge you to attend whichever one you can. Both are very much needed.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    Oather- ya, a tac vest but with plates in it.

What time were you thinking about going? I'll have been up for 24 hours but I believe it's important to make a showing.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    It could be as simple as OK hearing that the anti's are going to show up with cameras and record everyone's face and make trouble for them with their brass back home.

Not everyone is fond of the Oath Keeper's. Especially bosses of people who sign the OK "Oath".

Keeping jobs is Job #1.

+1 I think we have a winner! We are best served if our friends in law enforcement are protected from political harassment from their superiors.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I think these two sentences are VERY telling:

...Remember always – when this event was strictly under the control of Daniel Almond, Oath Keepers was on board. Had Oath Keepers National been invited to manage the event for Daniel Almond, the problems which caused us to cancel would not have occurred.

Sounds like somebody got their pretty panties in a bunch. I might be wrong, but it sounds like a case of "Screw you guys, I'm going home"

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    MSNBC on "Open Carry Rally"

Seems like the Leftists at MSNBC have gone off the deep end again and in a number of articles recently posted they appear to attempt to link protesters with acts of Sedition.

Its quite laughable coming from folks that are associated with the burning of cars, throwing blood and large numbers of arrests at any given protest from Pittsburgh G8 last year to any DNC Rally to Code Pink.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36635695/ns/politics-washington_post//
    Open-carry rally hinges on rights

"What I think is important to note is that many of the speakers have really threatened violence, and it's a real threat to the rule of law," Josh Horwitz, executive director of the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, said of the program for the armed rally. "They are calling health care and taxes that have been duly enacted by a democratically elected Congress tyrannical, and they feel they have a right to confront that individually."

On the lineup are several heroes of the militia movement, including Mike Vanderboegh, who advocated throwing bricks through the windows of Democrats who voted for the health-care bill; Tom Fernandez, who has established a nationwide call tree to mobilize an armed resistance to any government order to seize firearms; and former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack, who refused to enforce the Brady law and then won a Supreme Court verdict that weakened its background-check provisions.
    When they stand on the river banks Monday and preach an activism that sounds to some like sedition, the armed demonstrators will have the full support of the federal government they fear, carefully detailed in the 26-page event permit, complete with the gun regulations of both Virginia and the Interior Department and a commitment to provide fencing, barricades and bike racks for the event.

In other news, recent poll shows that 78% distrust big Government.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36629520/ns/politics/

Lindsay's Dad

Oct 21, 2008
    Monrovia
    I heard a news story on WMAL 630 this morning. The Grandy and Andy show are reporting that this event is an Anti-Government(Obama Adminstration) and a substaintial part of the Story talked about Libertarian views on leagalizing Drug use and such. Could it be this is the Reason OK has stepped away? I probably would too.

LD

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I heard a news story on WMAL 630 this morning. The Grandy and Andy show are reporting that this event is an Anti-Government(Obama Adminstration) and a substaintial part of the Story talked about Libertarian views on leagalizing Drug use and such. Could it be this is the Reason OK has stepped away? I probably would too.

LD

Was there ever any question that all of this was going to get conflated into that event? :shrug:

oather

Oct 19, 2009
    I have returned from the RTC rally. I went to the morning part at Fort Hunt, which was good. Then spent 2 hours at Gravelly Point. Gravelly point was insanity. The ratio of Press to OC'er was probably 1.5:1. They were there waiting for us and even had to stand in line to get interviews from some OC'rs. I was interviewed 4-5 times (once on live Sirius Radio POTUS channel) and photographed more than I can count. My only hope is that I did reasonable gun owners in this nation justice and that I don't provide fodder and soundbites for us to be further marginalized and maligned.

There was an extremely small contingent of Anti's, their numbers were no larger than 5, and thankfully there was no incident from them.

National Park Police did an exceptional job of providing security and coordinating. They are a testament to what all peace officers should be.

I am back somewhat early due to my extreme hatred of traffic and desire to be back from NoVA before 9pm as would have been the case should I have stayed longer.

I am working on sorting pictures and will answer any questions people have about the rally.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    On CNN 5minutes ago, Campbell Brown was going to have a "debate" between someone from the Oath Keepers and someone who's an 'expert' on US Militias. The rep from OK didn't show, citing a problem with CNN's coverage of events today.

I think it would have been better to show vs. "no show"...it didn't look good.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Unfortunately the term "militia" and what it signifies is perpetually put to the forefront of news by idiots who deem it necessary to wear full camo gear to the rallies. I am waiting for the day when someone comes to a rally in a ghillie suit. :sad20: News orgs want to sell the sensational...and they get it when those idiots dress the part. It does absolutely nothing to help the cause....

They lost me in the first two words of the title: Militia movement.

Psst, Washington Post... :tongue01:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Unfortunately the term "militia" and what it signifies is perpetually put to the forefront of news by idiots who deem it necessary to wear full camo gear to the rallies. I am waiting for the day when someone comes to a rally in a ghillie suit. :sad20: News orgs want to sell the sensational...and they get it when those idiots dress the part. It does absolutely nothing to help the cause....

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom