• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Just had to post this picture.
    This is the stand I used on my cousins property in WV a few years ago, got a small buck early 1st day, so I had time to "redecorate"

330.jpg

Did I mention all my cousins are Steeler fans ? :D

nest2010.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I think the deer get used to whatever building you put up there...as I had deer on my cam the day I put up the deer stand. I repositioned my camera to see what they did and they didn't seem to care....

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I saw the fawns close to the base of the tree on the game camera...so I don't think it disturbed them much...

Attachments

• deers.JPG
      deers.JPG
      142.8 KB · Views: 115

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I think the deer get used to whatever building you put up there...as I had deer on my cam the day I put up the deer stand. I repositioned my camera to see what they did and they didn't seem to care....

Unless something is coming after a Deer, or something is moving they don't know, Deer just don't care. I have been setting in my stands and watch Deer walk within feet of my truck parked at the edge of the field.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Unless something is coming after a Deer, or something is moving they don't know, Deer just don't care. I have been setting in my stands and watch Deer walk within feet of my truck parked at the edge of the field.

I have spooked the deer out at my property just because I parked in the only road into my property...so that made them blow out of there...but they usually didn't leave the area just took off for a few hours...lol So now I have to park up the road about half a mile and walk in...or use the ATV and park it off where they cant see it..

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Very nice. At least you don't have to climb it like a ladder and figure how to safely get your guns and such up there. Very nice set up.

Thanks! I wanted this thing done months ago but better late than never..lol...I think I am going to put one hand rail on the window side all the way down just for stability in case of snow or ice...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Thanks! I wanted this thing done months ago but better late than never..lol...I think I am going to put one hand rail on the window side all the way down just for stability in case of snow or ice...

No doubt my friend very nice set up. I would not hesitate to have small propane heater in that thing.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Ok so on a different hunting forum this person asks for Built ground blind pics/ideas...I posted my built blind...then a couple other guys post pics of popup blinds:sad20:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Ok so on a different hunting forum this person asks for Built ground blind pics/ideas...I posted my built blind...then a couple other guys post pics of popup blinds:sad20:

LMAO that's sort of the same thing that happens here on MDS that occurs way too often when it is so obvious that someone reads the title of a thread, but, doesn't pay attention to what the point / topic of the thread is to begin with. They see "ground blind" and away they go in another direction. I get replies to my threads quite often and shake my head because their replies have nothing to do with the original topic.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    LMAO that's sort of the same thing that happens here on MDS that occurs way too often when it is so obvious that someone reads the title of a thread, but, doesn't pay attention to what the point / topic of the thread is to begin with. They see "ground blind" and away they go in another direction. I get replies to my threads quite often and shake my head because their replies have nothing to do with the original topic.

HAHA then those people get mad at you because you called them out on it...:lol2::lol2: this one guy was "building" a blind and it showed pallets and looked promising/interesting...then his step by step tutorial ended with a pop-up blind and no pallets to be seen! :lol2::lol2:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    HAHA then those people get mad at you because you called them out on it...:lol2::lol2: this one guy was "building" a blind and it showed pallets and looked promising/interesting...then his step by step tutorial ended with a pop-up blind and no pallets to be seen! :lol2::lol2:

I busted laughing at your reply on the other thread when I saw your post. We must be twins man. That was an excellent reply.

I would not call them guys out if they didn't deserve it. I mean seriously. If a topic starts with something like "Looking For Home Made Shooting Rest Plans / Ideas" you know damned full and well some idiot is gonna post up a picture and a link for a Lead Sled and reply with, "This is what I use". It's simply inevitable.
    ( Here's your sign )

It's almost like they see the topic title and throw their hands up in the air and scream OOH OOH PICK ME PICK ME ! :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    haha ya I was messing around...well an update. I shot a nice doe out of the blind I MADE for my wife:D she was a little mad I could tell but theres more deer around...I didn't get a pic of the doe. It was a decent shot...I dropped the doe in her tracks with an arrow at about 25yds...First time Ive done that with a bow...she thrashed around a little and I went and brained her with a pocket knife...the doe is now skinned and sitting in the home BUILT cooler. We will grind her up Thursday if its ready.:D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I busted laughing at your reply on the other thread when I saw your post. We must be twins man. That was an excellent reply.

I would not call them guys out if they didn't deserve it. I mean seriously. If a topic starts with something like "Looking For Home Made Shooting Rest Plans / Ideas" you know damned full and well some idiot is gonna post up a picture and a link for a Lead Sled and reply with, "This is what I use". It's simply inevitable.
    ( Here's your sign )

It's almost like they see the topic title and throw their hands up in the air and scream OOH OOH PICK ME PICK ME ! :sad20:

check this out... my reply is in post #10

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/384469-new-here-deer-blind-build-blog.html

also this is what I was talking about...3 posts and it goes to popup blinds lol my response on #7

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whi...85197-let-s-see-pics-your-hunting-blinds.html

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    check this out... my reply is in post #10

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/384469-new-here-deer-blind-build-blog.html

also this is what I was talking about...3 posts and it goes to popup blinds lol my response on #7

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whi...85197-let-s-see-pics-your-hunting-blinds.html

LMAO so the ignorance is universal and not just here on MDS. Whew I was getting worried. That's hilarious.

PICK ME PICK ME !
    OOH OOH...
    MR Ca'Ta' !!

( OFFICIAL HOMEBUILT POP-UP GROUND BLIND OWNER )

horshack.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tse3gbs

Latest threads

Top Bottom