• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    one or two Remington target out of 500 split in my Buckmark. I have not had any other brand split. It sucks too because they get stuck in the chamber.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    I know this is an old thread but it was in the back of my mind when i was shooting my 15-22 yesterday. Shot 500 rds 250 remington/ 250 cci. Had 10 splis in the remington cases none with the cci...

JoeBobOutfitters.com

Industry Partner
    Oct 20, 2010
    Hays, KS
    99.99% of issues we have with local or online customers regarding 22LR's involve Remington 22LR ammo. No joke.

I'd avoid the Remington 22LR ammo (At least the bulk cheap stuff), personally. Stick to CCI Blazer, Federal Bulk Packs, etc. Their cases seem to split, their bullet crimps are weak, seem to have inconsistent charges, etc, etc.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I guess I actually got pretty lucky with the remington I used to shoot. I probably put 3k of it through my nylon 66 before I got into any other ammo, and side from a few ftf's, had no problems.

I shoot cci blazer now just because it's cheaper and a little more accurate for me.

Vandy

Feb 27, 2007
    Churchton, MD
    I have had that happen on two occassions in my Remington 597 with different ammo. Both happened when I was shooting rapid fire. One thought I had was that I was trying to shoot faster than the rifle could cycle and perhaps a round went off before the bolt was completely into battery, though, I do not know if that is possible with a 597.

It's only happened twice and the gun doesn't like shooting rapidly anyway and has frequent jams when doing so. I have never had an issue like that when shooting at a "normal" pace, or with other rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom