• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    I saw on the Hide that another team lost a member. Maybe Trebark can get back in the game with with other odd man out.

trebark

Hiding in plain sight
    Aug 3, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    James and axshon - thank you for your nice comments. Coming from two former military guys, that means a lot. I made a commitment to James that I would be in top condition (able to run a mile in 6 minutes and 'powerlifting match' strong). There was no way I was going to let James down, so I have achieved both of these benchmarks in prep for this match. While that might seem like two large milestones, they pale in comparison to James' fitness. Next time anyone sees him, ask him about his cardio training. It is absolutely brutal and beyond the reach of mortal men.

herr.baer - I thought about getting in touch with event organizers to see if there was a carbine guy that needed a precision rifle. But then I started thinking about the training, planning, tactical coordination and not to mention, James is the captain of Team Trebark. Upon reflection, there's no way I could compete in the event without him. While its disappointing not to be competing, it would have been worse to have competed without James.

There will be other competitions in the future and you can bet, Team Trebark will be there!

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    This match sounds very similar to the 24 hour survival trial matches at the NRA Whittington Center in New Mexico I saw on one of the Downrange TV shows on the Outdoor Channel. In fact their next one is in late September of this year and it is a 36 hour event not 24 hour. 2 man teams, $500 per team. You might look to one of those for later this year. They are also having a winter one I understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom