• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    All that experience and you still act like a child. Piss off.

What experience, he's no veteran brother of mine. And I know a shit ton of Airborne qualified folks as well as a bunch of Rangers et al. that would hammer the piss out of him for stepping all over his dick and the Oath he claims to have taken.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Does anybody else see the irony in the OP?

He says he was in the Army as an 18F MOS which is Special Forces Intel NCO

His basic mission was to teach, train and provide guidance to Oppressed Indeginous People to form their own Militias to help overthrow their oppressive governments and free their people.

I guess he forgot what "De Oppresso Liber" means or Sgt Muldoon's and Doc McGee's speech on the "Capabilities of the Green Beret"

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Where to start...

Before I get into this, I am an Army Vet, I've been around the world 5x, and been on a two way range a few times. I'm an NRA member, and have enough guns to be happy, and I love shooting.

That's nice, that and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee, accept this Wednesday when you can get one for free.

I've lurked around this board for years, never commenting simply cause the temperament of this forum. For the most part, this forum promotes the type of paranoia, and fear mongering that spreads and perpetuates racism, and bigotry in America.

Yep, there are those that could be construed that way, but you know what? Every swinging dick has shown up in some way shape or form to protect their rights here in Maryland. What have you done?

The 2nd Amendment in truth was not speaking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry having a firearm.

Well, you got something right, you are correct in that it didn't apply to indigenous people, slaves, or indentured servants.

It spoke specifically of a Well Regulated Militia, and their right to keep and bear arms.

Yeah, ummm nope.

The "Well Regulated" is referring to properly trained, supplied, and disciplined citizens.

Yep, you got that part right.

The "Militia", a group of citizen "soldiers" that can fill the ranks of our regular army. The right of the people, to keep and bear arms, simply refers to those people who are in the militia, with the idea of protecting the land from foreign governments and enemies the same.. reserve military.

Umm, not even close. While the militia is indeed citizen soldiers, at the time of the righting, it was never meant to fill the ranks of any standing army of the time.

The 2nd was not based on some lose interpretation of some British constitution.

Actually it was, apparently with all of those high end degrees you have, you slept through any form of American History.

It was specifically written to create the idea of having basically a reserve army.

Yeah, no, it was created as an individual right, just like all of the others in the BOR.

It was NOT intended to create this mass hysteria of raising your guns to our government, and everyone having guns to just have guns.

Actually it says exactly that and the Supreme Court has stated as much.

Often times we argue about Dems vs Republicans in this idea that Dems want to take guns, but no one ever has any real proof yet we allow this to divide and often influence decisions.

There are numerous examples of laws in states that are removing lawfully owned firearms from lawful gun owners.

The right, so interpreted by our law makers gives you the ability to have such firearms, why bicker about it? You have your right now, buy what you can and be happy.

The right is there to restrict government on what they can do, not permit government to restrict citizens on what they can do.

It is my personal belief, the only people that should have firearms are those that are willing to stand in the Armed Forces and fight for the country.

And I'm guessing you are the only one with that belief. I know quite few people that failed to qualify for military duty (for whatever reason) that have 10 times more integrity and intestinal fortitude than you probably ever will.

Fat Bob isn't going to do it, slacked jawed Becky isn't going to do it, neither is De'Onte, or a Sharita.. who will are the able bodied Americans, whether Black, Asian, White, Latin American or other.

How judgemental of you.

The so called "Patriots" and "Oath Keepers", are keeping what oath exactly?

For the Oath Keepers, the same one they took when they joined the military, became a LEO, or in some cases, became an elected official.

They are not keeping any military oath, nor any citizen oath. Education is free here: Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution.

Yep education is free, and your free education has failed you. Unless they changed the oath, it is "to protect and defend The CONSTITUTION of the United states", not "to protect and defend entire body of the US" unless they have changed the oath since I got out. So, yes, the Oath is to the Constitution, not a country, not a person, not an organization.

Citizenship Oath = Help in a NON COMBATANT form to defend the entire body of the US.

Umm, you do realize that the citizenship oath has the same verbiage we took?
    "hat I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

I guess that free education you got failed you there as well.

In all, we are all Americans, and all willing to fight foreign govts. Reading some of the posts on this forum is a sense sickening, to see people all to willing to take up arms against other Americans cause you may or may not have to register your guns.

Hmmm.

Declaration of Independence: "When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness"

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

I guess that free education didn't cover this in any of your history classes?

I took a real oath 4x,

Yeah, no you didn't not if you didn't swear an Oath to the Constitution.

and volunteered 5x for missions most of the 2A nuts piss their beds about.

Good for you, that and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee.

I have yet to fathom the idea of arming myself to fight our Govt, that's called a Coupe..

It's "coup"...."coupe" is a 2 door car.

And if you can't fathom any time to take up arms to go against any level of government, then might I suggest you read up on the history of Athens, TN back in 1946.

and not any part of any oath I took.

Good thing you took an oath to the country as a whole and to the Constitution.

Nor have I thought I would have to arm myself to fight other Americans cause of a very valid election process.

Read up on Athens, TN in 1946.

Of course this will piss people off, they have Midol for that, take two and relax.

You might want to take a brush to get all of that sand out of your vag.

Just my opinion, and simple observation... we are all entitled to our beliefs, that's what makes America Great, not some foolish loudmouth with a mic.

Your opinion is completely incorrect based on actual facts, history and judicial findings. But you are correct on one thing, the Oath I, and others here, took, does indeed permit you to have your wayward opinion.

Signed,
    A REMF that will outwork you on protecting the Constitution, every day of the week and twice as hard on Sunday.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    OP only took 3 posts from “welcome aboard” to “AR-15 build info I could have looked up in 5 seconds” to “drop a big steamer in the punch bowl... and then skedaddle”

A true dick move... I thought a real green beanie would at least hang around long enough to return some fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    To the people who think that the militia was meant to be a standing army (or national guard type) I recommend they go and watch The Patriot (especially the beginning). Mel Gibson's character, in order to form a militia, goes from town to town to recruit the regular people there to fight the injustice of the English, and they use their personally owned weapons that they have maintained and trained on.

ABN18F

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 30, 2020
    I can see your point in interpreting that way. At the time 2A was written, we had just come out of a war. But, that war wasn’t against our Govt trying to control people like the King and Queen. The Revolutionary war was against a country that the American colonies believed had nothing to do with their establishment.

It was the citizen soldiers that joined the ranks and helped defeat the Brits, arguably the only way the Continental Army won. It was due to the aforementioned nature, the idea of having a well armed and regulated militia was mentioned. We can certainly interpret “right of the people” in meaning everyone, that part is within reason to believe as it does not specifically state. My interpretation given the circumstances surrounding, suggests the people within the regulated militia.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I can see your point in interpreting that way. At the time 2A was written, we had just come out of a war. But, that war wasn’t against our Govt trying to control people like the King and Queen. The Revolutionary war was against a country that the American colonies believed had nothing to do with their establishment.

It was the citizen soldiers that joined the ranks and helped defeat the Brits, arguably the only way the Continental Army won. It was due to the aforementioned nature, the idea of having a well armed and regulated militia was mentioned. We can certainly interpret “right of the people” in meaning everyone, that part is within reason to believe as it does not specifically state. My interpretation given the circumstances surrounding, suggests the people within the regulated militia.
    You don’t need to interpret anything. Read the Federalist Papers.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Before I get into this, I am an Army Vet, I've been around the world 5x, and been on a two way range a few times. I'm an NRA member, and have enough guns to be happy, and I love shooting.

I've lurked around this board for years, never commenting simply cause the temperament of this forum. For the most part, this forum promotes the type of paranoia, and fear mongering that spreads and perpetuates racism, and bigotry in America.

The 2nd Amendment in truth was not speaking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry having a firearm. It spoke specifically of a Well Regulated Militia, and their right to keep and bear arms. The "Well Regulated" is referring to properly trained, supplied, and disciplined citizens. The "Militia", a group of citizen "soldiers" that can fill the ranks of our regular army. The right of the people, to keep and bear arms, simply refers to those people who are in the militia, with the idea of protecting the land from foreign governments and enemies the same.. reserve military.

The 2nd was not based on some lose interpretation of some British constitution. It was specifically written to create the idea of having basically a reserve army. It was NOT intended to create this mass hysteria of raising your guns to our government, and everyone having guns to just have guns.

Often times we argue about Dems vs Republicans in this idea that Dems want to take guns, but no one ever has any real proof yet we allow this to divide and often influence decisions. The right, so interpreted by our law makers gives you the ability to have such firearms, why bicker about it? You have your right now, buy what you can and be happy.

It is my personal belief, the only people that should have firearms are those that are willing to stand in the Armed Forces and fight for the country. Fat Bob isn't going to do it, slacked jawed Becky isn't going to do it, neither is De'Onte, or a Sharita.. who will are the able bodied Americans, whether Black, Asian, White, Latin American or other.

The so called "Patriots" and "Oath Keepers", are keeping what oath exactly? They are not keeping any military oath, nor any citizen oath. Education is free here: Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution. Citizenship Oath = Help in a NON COMBATANT form to defend the entire body of the US.

In all, we are all Americans, and all willing to fight foreign govts. Reading some of the posts on this forum is a sense sickening, to see people all to willing to take up arms against other Americans cause you may or may not have to register your guns.

I took a real oath 4x, and volunteered 5x for missions most of the 2A nuts piss their beds about. I have yet to fathom the idea of arming myself to fight our Govt, that's called a Coupe.. and not any part of any oath I took. Nor have I thought I would have to arm myself to fight other Americans cause of a very valid election process.

Of course this will piss people off, they have Midol for that, take two and relax. Just my opinion, and simple observation... we are all entitled to our beliefs, that's what makes America Great, not some foolish loudmouth with a mic.

The "Tree of Liberty" letter
    From Thomas Jefferson to William Smith
    Paris, November 13, 1787
    DEAR SIR, -- I am now to acknoledge the receipt of your favors of October the 4th, 8th, & 26th. In the last you apologise for your letters of introduction to Americans coming here. It is so far from needing apology on your part, that it calls for thanks on mine. I endeavor to show civilities to all the Americans who come here, & will give me opportunities of doing it: and it is a matter of comfort to know from a good quarter what they are, & how far I may go in my attentions to them. Can you send me Woodmason's bills for the two copying presses for the M. de la Fayette, & the M. de Chastellux? The latter makes one article in a considerable account, of old standing, and which I cannot present for want of this article. -- I do not know whether it is to yourself or Mr. Adams I am to give my thanks for the copy of the new constitution. I beg leave through you to place them where due. It will be yet three weeks before I shall receive them from America. There are very good articles in it: & very bad. I do not know which preponderate. What we have lately read in the history of Holland, in the chapter on the Stadtholder, would have sufficed to set me against a chief magistrate eligible for a long duration, if I had ever been disposed towards one: & what we have always read of the elections of Polish kings should have forever excluded the idea of one continuable for life. Wonderful is the effect of impudent & persevering lying. The British ministry have so long hired their gazetteers to repeat and model into every form lies about our being in anarchy, that the world has at length believed them, the English nation has believed them, the ministers themselves have come to believe them, & what is more wonderful, we have believed them ourselves. Yet where does this anarchy exist? Where did it ever exist, except in the single instance of Massachusetts? And can history produce an instance of rebellion so honourably conducted? I say nothing of it's motives. They were founded in ignorance, not wickedness. God forbid we should ever be 20 years without such a rebellion. The people cannot be all, & always well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independent 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century & a half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusetts: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen-yard in order. I hope in God this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted. -- You ask me if any thing transpires here on the subject of S. America? Not a word. I know that there are combustible materials there, and that they wait the torch only. But this country probably will join the extinguishers. -- The want of facts worth communicating to you has occasioned me to give a little loose to dissertation. We must be contented to amuse, when we cannot inform.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Folks, understand that the intent here is to deliberately create resource burn and forum sliding.

As long as you are aware of that, continue to engage with the understanding that this piece of shit has no intent of engaging with you on a seriously intellectual and honest level.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I can see your point in interpreting that way. At the time 2A was written, we had just come out of a war. But, that war wasn’t against our Govt trying to control people like the King and Queen. ...

How do you not know this history? The British government was "our" government. Thirteen British colonies declared their independence.

... We can certainly interpret “right of the people” in meaning everyone, that part is within reason to believe as it does not specifically state. My interpretation given the circumstances surrounding, suggests the people within the regulated militia.

The first ten amendments, which we call the bill of rights, were necessary to have all the formerly British colonies ratify the Constitution. It wasn't going anywhere because people wanted protection of individual rights after wagging a war to secure them. Many legislators thought these rights were obvious, self evident, even natural, so didn't need to be articulated but there were enough that feared without these protections, we'd eventually be back where we started. Can you point out other amendments in the first ten that weren't individual rights? Government has powers conferred to them by the people. The people have rights. Why do we need a clause in the bill of rights providing a means to raise an army? It comes right after the individual right of free speech.

ABN18F

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 30, 2020
    One, I never said anything about Trump or Biden. The fact is I don’t give two shits when it comes to the 2A. I served the country and did so with honor and integrity. My oath to the country doesn’t state support and defend Republicans or Democrats, it say defend the constitution of the US.

The fact people are pissed and shitting themselves making threats, proved my point to the T. The one major statement was that we are all Americans, everyone has equal rights and entitlements.

Look at the comments, you’ll see the exact rhetoric I spoke of in my original post. Someone from this very forum took it upon themselves to be so angry that they Googled my name, went on other social media making threats, posting in conversations that don’t pertain to this forum..

To save the rest of you the trouble, nothing but facts: Yes I have 2 degrees and working on a 3rd, yes, I was Army Intelligence, yes, I am in fact a Black NRA member, yes I do have quite the number of guns and ammo for them, Yes I am a GS15... now none of that has ANYTHING to do with the 2A.

For the people that can’t read: I believe people should be able to buy whatever gun they want. I don’t believe the 2A meant everyone.. We live in a society where one would think differentiating beliefs could be discussed... however I am constantly amazed at the level of maturity displayed by some of those that claim to be “American”..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom