• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Jul 22, 2021
    Looking for upper including bcg. Also, what are MD restrictions- barrel length/hbar required?
    Thanks!

sbowers

Jun 15, 2012
    Looking for upper including bcg. Also, what are MD restrictions- barrel length/hbar required?
    Thanks!
    No recommendations but the only MD restriction would be a 16” barrel unless it’s a pistol.

I put together an Aero upper with a faxon barrel thats going to be shot this weekend.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Yep 16” minimum and profile is your choice.
    I used a Stoner barrel with a windham upper and it works perfectly and groups 1 moa. See the mag modification needed on one of the 350 legend threads. Mine was one ftf per mag until I did the modification. Also feed ramps are important! Should be one big ramp , also talked about in the 350 legend threads. I put a dead air primal on mine and it’s a great shooter.
    GL

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I've had about 50% success rate with Bear Creak between 6 uppers purchased. The uppers have been 300BO and 7.62x39. Issues have included gas blocks coming loose and gun not cycling, not cycling even with gas block fine, broken extractors (i know, common problem with 7.62) and bolt face repeatedly getting stuck in barrel extension and having to mortar the rifle.

With that said, I have a 350 Legend 7.5" upper that started as a 300BO upper from bear creek, I swapped the barrel with an AR stone 350 legend barrel from MidWay USA (which, might have produced by bear creek to be honest). Then swapped bolt with a nickel boron bolt from MidWay USA. It shoots fantastic and handles amazing in the field, crawling up/down in the tree stand, etc. If I were to do it again I'd probably buy a Faxon barrel but they're hard to come by. The side charging aspect from beer creak is very handy for a hunting rifle.

This upper is for sale BTW for anyone that's interested, i'm switching to a suppressed bolt gun in 350 for hunting this year.
    8D93AA85-A9DE-4368-869D-487351623B55.jpeg

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Just like anything you buy today someone can have a problem with something purchased. Yesterday I zeroed two BCA uppers. The first had a 223 wylde 20" ss barrel with a 1 in 8 twist. Zeroed a 5/8" group at 50' using a Swampfox Blade optic. Second was a 223 wylde 16" barrel with 1 in 8 twist. Zeroed a 3/4" group at 100' using Bushnell 3x9 . Ammo used was Norma 223 Tactical (about 200 rounds). No malfunctions.
    Sometimes things get a bad rap just because they read it somewhere

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Just like anything you buy today someone can have a problem with something purchased. Yesterday I zeroed two BCA uppers. The first had a 223 wylde 20" ss barrel with a 1 in 8 twist. Zeroed a 5/8" group at 50' using a Swampfox Blade optic. Second was a 223 wylde 16" barrel with 1 in 8 twist. Zeroed a 3/4" group at 100' using Bushnell 3x9 . Ammo used was Norma 223 Tactical (about 200 rounds). No malfunctions.
    Sometimes things get a bad rap just because they read it somewhere
    I have first hand knowledge. 3 of the 6 I purchased had to be sent back for repairs, one of them multiple times eventually ending in a credit because I refused to keep wasting time with it. 50% success rate with a product is what gives you a bad rap.

Overwatcher

MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2019
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    At the shop we have had , cross threaded handgard screws, loose barrel nuts , overtightened barrel nuts, cross threaded flashhiders, bent gas tubes,smashed gas tubes,headspace issues. Just about everything you can imagine.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    And why should you stay away from Bear Creek Arsonal?
    Bought a 5.56 complete upper from them and after multiple attempts to develop a load for it, and experiencing blown primers using factory ammunition, it appears to have a very tight chamber causing extremely high pressures even with moderate charges. I have tried three powders normally used for this caliber with similar results.
    Their quality control sucks. The chamber on this barrel was not reamed correctly which means a new barrel will be needed.
    Good advice above based upon recent reviews about this very issue becoming commonplace in every caliber they sell!

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    BCA is garbage.

Buy a bolt action in .350. I've been very happy with my Ruger American.

I have the Stoner upper/BCG. I have tried 3 different mags and all had the same issue where the bolt going forward wouldn't push the next round straight into the chamber. I tried Stoner, C-Products and CMMG mags and all had the same issue. I did the mag mod and now I have a reliable AR in 350 legend. I ALSO purchased a Ruger American ranch predator bolt gun in the same caliber and guess what...even the bolt gun had the feed issue...My modified mags fixed it too...There is something about that round causing these issues. My friend has a PSA upper and it had the same problem...Plenty of other people have had it too...

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Aero precision is generally decent.

Mos-Tek I wouldn’t recommend. I have a barrel from them the jury is still out on. The barrel blank was definitely not a top grade blank. Their uppers are overpriced given what they are.

Buy your own barrel and assemble one. It’s really easy. I’d likely go with Wilson Combat for a barrel. Faxon I’ve had good luck with, but I don’t like the profile they use for the 350 legend. The Wilson also has 5/8” threading which is more appropriate for a 35 caliber rifle.

I can’t figure why they’re threading 1/2” 28 for many 350 legends. That’s really too much of a reduction given the bore size. Maybe to use 9x19 muzzle accessories.

No reason to go past 16”. Very little velocity to be gained.

Rock River is another option. Brother in law has a 350 from them he’s been very happy with.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom