• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    My permit hasn't arrived yet, but I have a dedicated folder for bookmarked holsters and the Phlster is in there. I have been very intrigued by it. Your rigorous sounding review is awesome for my research. Thanks very much!

Would Phlster like your review?
    I have done the same. I have a few holsters here and have many bookmarks but I am going to be buying a gun after I get the permit so I didn't want to get a holster yet. One of the trainers for my class has the Phlster and he loved it. They also have a FB group that helps understand a lot of what works for people.

Thanks for the review OP. Watching this thread.

Andy-jr.

Sep 2, 2022
    Carroll County
    I'm still waiting on my permit but have purchased the Enigman express for my p365xl. I've worn the holster around the house and at the range and so far I'm loving it. I did purchase a Ulticlip to try on the holster if I don't like the leg lease for everyday carry.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I was a little doubtful when i ordered it but with the way i wear gym shorts so much i couldn't pass it up. There were good reviews that i read but thanks to the OP for this one.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    I have been using one off and on for a few months for my p365xl. I use the sport belt and don’t us the leg leash.
    On me the holster does tend to move up and down and I sometimes have to go the rest room to adjust.
    The leg leash that comes with the enigma is pretty useless. You don't need it per se, I don't use it. Some of the other options have gotten good review. Adjusting the rig is paramount, once you have it set up properly for you then it stays where you want it.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    Today is day one with my permit, and day one with the enigma express outside of the house.

I found running the gun at 12:00 wasn't really a good option, to much printing. But I can run the gun over around 2:00 and it hides pretty well. The issue there was if attached to my belt the gun sat kind of low and dug into my leg when sitting. The philster setup being independent of my belt means I can run the gun up just a bit higher than my pants. My hour long commute I about forgot it was there. Vary comfortable sitting at my desk.

I do think I need to add a small wedge to the back to tip the grip in just a little more, but with the shirt I'm wearing today it's invisible.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    Curious if anyone has gotten the standard so as to use different shells on it? Or can you on the express also.

I have both but I haven't finished putting together the standard yet. The gun I'm going to use that for I sent the slide off to be milled for a optic so I'm just holding for now. Probably be a couple more weeks before I have it back.

I don't think you can use different shells on the express, or if you do they probably need to be for the express. They're shaped a little differently.

etc1006

Nov 19, 2014
    SW Balto County
    I have both but I haven't finished putting together the standard yet. The gun I'm going to use that for I sent the slide off to be milled for a optic so I'm just holding for now. Probably be a couple more weeks before I have it back.

I don't think you can use different shells on the express, or if you do they probably need to be for the express. They're shaped a little differently.

Gotcha. From what little I could find the express are for that only too. Thank you!

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    You can change the shell on express but it has to be another skeleton holster. Not ideal for swapping each week, but doable if you change EDC firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I've been looking at the standard Enigma as well, but haven't found a compatible shell yet for a G30

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I have been eye-balling this for the 43x too... You may have pushed me over the edge. Thanks

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Nice to read a real-world review. Working from home, I almost always wear athletic shorts which obviously aren’t conducive to a belt-retained holster so I’ve looked at this one. I just can’t decide if it’s comfortable or not, and definitely don’t think I’d like the leg leash. It’s a bit spendy to order just to try as well. Thanks for the review.
    This is why Im interested in this set up. I usually wear birddog shorts all summer and my gcode is ok for IWB, I would rather something that is not hanging or depending on the shorts band or draw string.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    So for the holster shells, do you supply your own holster (as long as its compatible) ? Or is the "shell" the actual holster ?
    I don't know everything about this system yet, but if you have a gun whereby they have a shell for it, you can buy theirs. If not, on their website, they have list of holster manufacturers that will make a compatible holster shell.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I don't know everything about this system yet, but if you have a gun whereby they have a shell for it, you can buy theirs. If not, on their website, they have list of holster manufacturers that will make a compatible holster shell.
    What Overboost said. JM Custom Kydex seems to be a good route from their site. I am carrying a walther PDP compact with an optic, ordered to shipped was 7 days.

I have had issues with other holsters being for the 5 inch instead of the 4 inch compact. When you dont buy a Glock you might have to go more of the custom route, mean it’s Kydex so you can cut it and mold it for the 4 inch but I wanted a 4 inch holster where I was not hacking on it…. My shell should be here Friday so I will add on to this review.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    So I just received my express. I love it ! Not sure why they dont say "holster" instead of "shell". Shell is a confusing term ?

Huge difference when wearing athletic shorts or shorts in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom