Woodbine
    18” barrels with factory Remington mag tube extensions

91F6EB5F-0251-4347-AFE6-E3EAD815D9F7.jpeg

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Still a good deal!

Personally I’d be indifferent to the trigger guard. I have several 870s with both types, it doesn’t matter at all IMHO.

The factory mag tube extension is $60 or so, so I think these are a sweet deal. They appear to be true 18” barrels (not 18.5”) based on where the barrel ends in relation to the extension. The true 18” was only available to law enforcement so it’s cool to have that. I also like the speedfeed forends.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    You have a fetish for police shotguns. I completely understand the attraction though.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    SOS posted these a month or so ago at $450, but I didn’t post them here because I knew everyone would bitch and moan about the price and how they used to be cheaper 10 years ago. They must have knocked $100 off for the 4th of July or something.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    View attachment 371205

Wow, good memory. Yep, still have it[. It was a Washington State Prison

ATTACH=full]371205[/ATTACH]
    nice!! I remember you and Chad looking at the throat on it. A lot of different things from different people in that class. That is part of it, as well.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    870’s are / will be the next .38 revolvers for those of us procuring for our grand and great-grandchildrens’ progeny …

Pretty sure I‘ve posted about others I know that started snapping up police trade-in S&W and Ruger (and some odd Colt) revolvers back in the 80’s (when it wasn’t uncommon for places like J&G and the original KY Guns to have “less than Very Good Condition” .38’s for $60 and $75).

After several decades of these guys snapping up police trade in six shooters whenever they came up … well, I had to whistle when numbers started getting tossed around a fire with adult beverages …

Anyhoo, who (amongst dinosaurs) knew .38 Spl ammo’d be so scarce at times?!

Enter these Wingmaster-era 870’s … the slant 6 engine of shotguns … they keep on ticking!

Kudos to anyone savvy enough to do what they can to lay em in and lay em up by the dozens, if the budget allows for it!

What an absolutely awesome deal - congrats to any who moved fast enough!!!!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    SOS posted these a month or so ago at $450, but I didn’t post them here because I knew everyone would bitch and moan about the price and how they used to be cheaper 10 years ago. They must have knocked $100 off for the 4th of July or something.

Kings Firearms started the trade-in Police Magnums they had out at $700 first part of this year,t hen came down to $450 … be interesting to see if they’ve come down (or just as likely as SOS a ought these off Kings…..)

Edit: Kings Firearms trade-in Police Magnums are no longer listed so, it’d not surprise me if they simply bulk bargained em over to SOS to clear em out …https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/pages/law-enforcement-trade-ins

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    The ad said it is a used police gun. The extended mag tube makes it appear to be.

I assume a lot of those “single item” police guns are indeed guns they got from a police department, but probably were confiscated or used in crime or something. They have a lot of weird and random shit they sell as a “police trade”. Such as this:

176772F4-5BE6-4785-AFC3-2185C5120788.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom