• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Lol of course. But if MSP cares about the coursework then wouldn't proof of that suffice?
    There is no proof that you are an NRA pistol instructor, minus the cert that you get, after paying your NRA instructor fee... lol... no way around it.

What other proof of coursework do you think you're going to get?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    There is no proof that you are an NRA pistol instructor, minus the cert that you get, after paying your NRA instructor fee... lol... no way around it.

What other proof of coursework do you think you're going to get?
    Some kind of certificate or something from the class. Guess Wayne needs a new 3 piece again

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Some kind of certificate or something from the class. Guess Wayne needs a new 3 piece again
    Can't say exactly how yours will go, but I got absolutely nothing from my class. You show up, do the training, sign some forms. At the end as long as you pass the test they just wave goodbye. You'll get an email within the next day or two explaining how to sign up as an NRA instructor.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Larry Quandahl did the old PPOTH I believe. He left NRA, and they make some other cuts to their staff, not sure who they had do CCW.
    Don't know who did the original but I believe some of the improvements and modularity was Christian Vara. He's not with NRA anymore either. Still a TC and a very good one. He does instructor development a lot. Would recommend him.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Can't say exactly how yours will go, but I got absolutely nothing from my class. You show up, do the training, sign some forms. At the end as long as you pass the test they just wave goodbye. You'll get an email within the next day or two explaining how to sign up as an NRA instructor.

I don't think I've ever attended a class where I got nothing from the class. Sometimes I learn what NOT to do.

I often learn things when I GIVE classes.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    I don't think I've ever attended a class where I got nothing from the class. Sometimes I learn what NOT to do.

I often learn things when I GIVE classes.
    I made that comment in reference to Bertfish's mention of a certificate.

I got nothing (no certificate / no course completion verification) after finishing the class. He made it sound like he wanted to find a way to apply for the QHIC from MSP without having to pay the $60 to NRA to get the cert.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    i have a real problem that someone wants to get around this. Experience counts. So you want to teach wear and carry without any experience in even teaching the basic. Grow up and do what the rest of us did and teach some NRA classes for the year and get some experience. And while you're at it take some law classes so you can teach Federal, Maryland and self defense law.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    i have a real problem that someone wants to get around this. Experience counts. So you want to teach wear and carry without any experience in even teaching the basic. Grow up and do what the rest of us did and teach some NRA classes for the year and get some experience. And while you're at it take some law classes so you can teach Federal, Maryland and self defense law.
    No one is trying to get around anything.

I see your opinion. And it's just that. An opinion.

Maryland does not require 1 year of experience to qualify for a QHIC. Don't like it? Lobby your representative.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Well, you'll get a NRA patch. lol
    Hey I didn't get no patch when I did it!!!! Haha.

In all seriousness, they do not give you any certificate or anything. It's an instructor credentialing course. You don't get the credentials til you buy them from the NRA. Just the way they do it. I didn't get squat handed to me when I had to do a fed instructor qual course (I'm neither a fed nor le) to work on a job. Taking it meant I could apply to get the cert.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Hey no one said a goddamned thing about getting around anything

Use some reading comprehension. I didn't realize you had to pay another $60 to the NRA just to print the friggin cert out. I thought it came with the class.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I do love the gatekeeping BS I've gotten from some folks around here

GrOw uP aNd GeT eXpErIeNcE

Pretty sure I said somewhere in this thread that 1) this was to get me out of renewal training and make it convenient for my family to schedule their own renewal training and 2) if I decided to teach others at some point I'd partner with someone and learn first rather than just strike out

so for those who still think I'm some kind of know it all jack wagon let me restate again

IM NOT A COP. IVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE. IM TAKING THIS CLASS TO GET THE BASIC CERT. WHEN I WANT MORE SKILLS I WILL SEEK THE PROPER TRAINING FROM INDIVIDUALS MORE QUALIFIED THAN I AM.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Now I'm pissed. JFC why do we have to try and ruin things for one another. As if the only way to do something legitimately is the way others have done it. Anything else is inferior/dodging/whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom