• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDShooter20850

May 3, 2017
    Rockville, MD
    I'm also confused by this. Every time I have been there, they make you unload and zip-tie the chamber open if you are carrying. Guess he lied and said he wasn't carrying. :rolleyes:
    I walked right past that table to the ticket-collecting entry point. A young lady asked me if I was carrying any firearm(s), and I said "no". She stamped the back of my hand and I went in. That was it.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Well...it's stupid. Accidental, negligence, whatever, doesn't really matter. It shouldn't have happened. But...perfection is unachievable. That's why they try to make the rules as foolproof as possible. But there is always a greater fool.

It's fair to make fun of the guy. He earned some ridicule. Happy no-one seemed to be terribly hurt. I hope he learned his lesson. We should all try to be as safe as possible. But the world isn't safe. There's always gonna be someone doing something stupid. Even smart people mess up. The antis will always point to this. And we can only hope to minimize, but never eliminate this type of thing.

I'm not surprised that there are regular parking lot pops. Any time a firearm is manipulated there is an opportunity for a mistake. Get enough people together...well...this is the price we pay for freedom.

All that to say is I'll shake my head for a moment, then go about my business. Hardly worth noting any more than your typical I70 or 695 driver, slaloming through traffic with a phone in one hand a burger in the other.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    One negligent discharge---??? Still a helluva lot safer than walking in downtown Baltimore any given day--- fug the Post and liberals too. They can lick my Schwetty balls---

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I'm also confused by this. Every time I have been there, they make you unload and zip-tie the chamber open if you are carrying. Guess he lied and said he wasn't carrying. :rolleyes:
    My last 3 times there no one has checked or even asked if we were carrying.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Last time I was there someone had an accidental discharge in the parking lot unloading their firearm. Don't remember if there were injuries. I was told then it happens quite often at the show but normally outside as no loaded firearms are supposed to enter the show.
    They permit dealers/vendors to remain loaded. I always carried at the MSI table.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    He may have been a dealer/vendor since they let those folks carry loaded at the show.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    some should not have guns.
    Accident. Negligent. Whatever. I'm sure he learned his lesson and likely will never be complacent again.

Everyone should have guns. Some could use more training. Others could stand to be less comfortable. Actually, we could all probably use more training and stand to be less comfortable.

Story time:

I nearly cut the tip of my thumb off on a table saw once. I was building a boat and was constantly on the machine. I got too comfortable. Now I'm never too comfortable around that spinning disk of death (on any machine)!

I tried to cut my leg off while cutting firewood recently. Again, I got too comfortable with the repetitive task. I promise that will never happen again.

I don't even want to talk about my over confidence two months after I got my drivers license back in my youth.

God, thinking on it I'm not sure how I've lived this long.

A story involving someone else...An acquaintance of mine decided to sail his trimaran to Japan some years ago. Something bad happened and he needed to be rescued. One of the guys on the sailing forum I was on made lots of comments about how irresponsible it was and how HE had never failed to make his destination. Wouldn't you know it, he sank HIS boat and had to be rescued just a few months later. Don't tempt fate.

Karma and Murphy are buds. Get on the bad side of either one of them and you may find yourself in a moment of distraction doing something stupid.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I flagged down the promoter as she was walking by our table a little while before closing time, mostly to talk to her about how the Ocean City show went. She said it was an older man who only spoke Mandarin, didn't speak or read English.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I arrived just after it happened. They usually always ask if you have a firearm. No loaded firearms allowed inside. You have to unload it and they put a zip tie through it. I guess they will be more careful with it now. The insurance company won't like what happened.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I flagged down the promoter as she was walking by our table a little while before closing time, mostly to talk to her about how the Ocean City show went. She said it was an older man who only spoke Mandarin, didn't speak or read English.
    Are carry applications written/available in Mandarin?

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I heard about the incident on the radio news this morning. Just reported that a person had accidentally shot themselves. Mag was removed but 1 in the chamber. Expected to recover. No mention of the fact that he was shot it the foot. That would make it sound too trivial. Although, having a big toe is a very important thing for your balance.

Mar 3, 2021
    Probably so. i asked a vendor there one time if they carried Hot at the shows .
    He said "yes, what good is an empty weapon but they rather we not".

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Blue Line LLC / Ken Delano? I bought a few from him. Great guy.

Ken died a little over a year ago. :sad20:

His wife is selling off existing stock.

He's probably referring to Bullseye Holsters ..Blue Line typically didn't mold holsters on the spot , but offered for you to drop off on Fri or Sat , and pick up at the show the next day

Bullseye was * a valuable resource , in that they made the holsters directly with Your Gun . For those looking for older/ less popular gun on the usual short list of current popular , this was sole source kinda stuff .

Plus , you could requests on the spot of retention level , variations on angle , or I came up with a combination of belt loops that I liked ( molded on front loop , leather for rear ) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom