• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wasntme

Jun 10, 2012
    Their actually called Carolina hogs, no where do they advertise they are wild, what was explained to me by Steve the owner was they are purchased from the Amish who actually do let them loose in their woods for some time before re-capturing and turning loose on the island.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Georgia has some really good hunts. Likewise Texas. Some landowners are begging people to hunt hogs because of the damage. Four hogs got into an Atlanta suburb subdivision last week and wrecked havoc on the lawns and landscaping.

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    I guess I gatta do what it takes but GA is a lot farther than NC!
    Is there really that much of a difference?

G20

Feb 18, 2013
    Their actually called Carolina hogs, no where do they advertise they are wild, what was explained to me by Steve the owner was they are purchased from the Amish who actually do let them loose in their woods for some time before re-capturing and turning loose on the island.

Funny you mention the Amish and their pigs,,,

I was hunting a corn field for phesant in PA (Amish country), the rows were so dense I could probably only see 5' in front of me as I was walking. So I am in the middle of this damn corn field (probably 1/2 mile in) and all I hear are corn stalks crashing in front of me as if something was running through the corn. I stopped and listened and that is when I noticed it was getting louder as if it (whatever it was) was heading right towards me! :eek:

I stopped and stood still, pulled my 12 gauge up to my shoulder. All of a sudden this fookin HOG busts out in front of me sprinting at full tilt, he sees me, lets out a squeel and goes right around me. After which, I stood there motionless for a second or two digesting what just happened, my heart was racing and after I cleaned out my drawers I continued on my on way - bagged a couple of roosters that day.

That damn hog was a nano-second away from getting blasted in the face, but the bird shot probably would have just pissed him off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom