• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just out of curiosity, how many stages was that event? Was it similar to Standard Steel Challenge, IDPA, USPSA, or even our Stages of Madness?

Six stages with a combination of steel and paper (IDPA) targets. Each stage had 19 targets with 26 shots (paper targets required two shots). Like our SOM each one was only shot one time.

The Match Director said during the safety brief that he limited the movement because back when he was thinking this up months ago he had no idea what the weather might be. There was still movement, you had to move through the stage to be able to see and engage all the targets.

What was not in short supply was difficulty in stage design. Multiple "hidden" targets which were easy to forget about. Trying to keep track of 19 different targets when they were behind barrels and section of privacy fencing made for some challenging stages. Loved it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Just out of curiosity, how many stages was that event? Was it similar to Standard Steel Challenge, IDPA, USPSA, or even our Stages of Madness?

Six stages with a combination of steel and paper (IDPA) targets. Each stage had 19 targets with 26 shots (paper targets required two shots). Like our SOM each one was only shot one time.

The Match Director said during the safety brief that he limited the movement because back when he was thinking this up months ago he had no idea what the weather might be. There was still movement, you had to move through the stage to be able to see and engage all the targets.

What was not in short supply was difficulty in stage design. Multiple "hidden" targets which were easy to forget about. Trying to keep track of 19 different targets when they were behind barrels and section of privacy fencing made for some challenging stages. Loved it.

It was definitely more complex than I'm used to. Tons of fun...but definitely some close to 180 situations :eek:

I don't want to pollute this thread with non-AGC stuff, so I'll post some of the vids here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5809005#post5809005

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Tomorow's 3 Gun Match is still on. I would be lying if I said that I was shocked, but we have had 5 withdrawals in the past 12 hours because, you guessed it; something related to the Coronavirus. One of the five has to work Sunday because his office is likely closing next week, one is self quarantining, one said he spent all of his money on toilet paper, and two said their wives wouldn't let them participate for fear of bringing home a deadly disease.

To be honest, I am having a hard time figuring out exactly how someone who is a carrier could pass the virus on at an outdoor match such as this. All I can come up with is the timer, the tablet, and clearing someone else's firearm for them.

If you plan to attend tomorrow, please be cognizant of these things. I am going to try and find some hand sanitizer to leave at each stage as well as some rubber gloves for the ROs to wear. Please bring your own if you have them available.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You should ban the first one for being an ******* and the second two for obvious reasons.

People that scared of their own shadows probably shouldn’t be handling guns and real ammo in a group setting anyway.

Also: if you shoot fast enough, your gun will get so hot it will self-sterilize. I saw it on the internet.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm choosing to interpret today's executive order about social gatherings over 50 people to mean ... Bay 2 has less than 50 people, Bay 3 has less than 50 people, Bay 4 ... and such.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What executive order?

"While these measures may seem extreme, if we do not take them now, it could be too late," Hogan said.

Essential services such as gas stations, banks, pharmacies and grocery stores will remain open, Hogan said.

Any social, community, religious, sports gathering event with more than 50 people is prohibited, and he warned that violators will be prosecuted."

https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/slow-spread-coronavirus-md-governor-hogan-orders-action

So that sounds like a good excuse to encourage multi-gun registrants, for now. Keep the head count < 50.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    "While these measures may seem extreme, if we do not take them now, it could be too late," Hogan said.

Essential services such as gas stations, banks, pharmacies and grocery stores will remain open, Hogan said.

Any social, community, religious, sports gathering event with more than 50 people is prohibited, and he warned that violators will be prosecuted."

https://patch.com/maryland/annapolis/slow-spread-coronavirus-md-governor-hogan-orders-action

Not sure how this will play out. IDPA is limited to 36 participants next weekend and the next steel challenge match is almost 3 weeks away.

I will be getting with the team and figuring how what we need to do.

boss281

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    Carroll County
    Not sure how this will play out. IDPA is limited to 36 participants next weekend and the next steel challenge match is almost 3 weeks away.

I will be getting with the team and figuring how what we need to do.
    May have to split the Steel Challenge into 2 days...

Sent using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Despite the recent (and valid) concerns about servicing as many shooters as possible, maybe it's the right time for a two-guns-or-none shoot, and encourage those with PCCs to share them with fellow attendees. Head count down, and get more people to experience the joys of PCC time.

Or, uh ... just get constructively creative about how many sub-gatherings a day's shoot actually represents. Squads of under a dozen are small groups who happen to be doing their thing on the same grounds as other small, separate groups. Or something like that.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Despite the recent (and valid) concerns about servicing as many shooters as possible, maybe it's the right time for a two-guns-or-none shoot, and encourage those with PCCs to share them with fellow attendees. Head count down, and get more people to experience the joys of PCC time.

Or, uh ... just get constructively creative about how many sub-gatherings a day's shoot actually represents. Squads of under a dozen are small groups who happen to be doing their thing on the same grounds as other small, separate groups. Or something like that.

Good idea on the surface, however I am not so sure that sharing a firearm that you put your face on is such a grand idea in this environment.

This will be a decision made by the AGC President and EVP. We definitely need to follow the executive order and will do so. Just need to determine how Group of 50 is defined. Squad, event, or does that mean the entire AGC? I know I'm not risking being prosecuted over something like this and I certainly don't want to be there holding a gun when the National Guard steps in to shut us down.

The good news is that the event is nearly 3 weeks away. Hopefully all of this ******** has blown over by then.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Good idea on the surface, however I am not so sure that sharing a firearm that you put your face on is such a grand idea in this environment.

I'm sure I'm not the only person willing to loan (locally, for the day) a PCC to someone who wants to shoot one, no spit-swapping required!

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

This will be a decision made by the AGC President and EVP. We definitely need to follow the executive order and will do so. Just need to determine how Group of 50 is defined. Squad, event, or does that mean the entire AGC? I know I'm not risking being prosecuted over something like this and I certainly don't want to be there holding a gun when the National Guard steps in to shut us down.

The good news is that the event is nearly 3 weeks away. Hopefully all of this ******** has blown over by then.

They will be too busy guarding the entrances to bars and restaurants. Easier to keep unarmed potential diners away than actually face off with armed citizens.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Official word as of today anyway, no more than 50 people allowed on any one range at one time. The Shooting Bays are considered a range and so we will have to abide by it. Should be good for IDPA as it is limited to 36. We will decide on Steel Challenge/Three gun as those matches get closer

Official word as of today anyway, no more than 50 people allowed on any one range at one time. The Shooting Bays are considered a range and so we will have to abide by it. Should be good for IDPA as it is limited to 36. We will decide on Steel Challenge/Three gun as those matches get closer

Really starting to look like my holding off on buying a range badge might hold true for all of 2020; and possibly forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom