• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjones88

Apr 4, 2013
    Sykesville
    Official word as of today anyway, no more than 50 people allowed on any one range at one time. The Shooting Bays are considered a range and so we will have to abide by it. Should be good for IDPA as it is limited to 36. We will decide on Steel Challenge/Three gun as those matches get closer

Do you have to confirm each person who signs up via Practiscore? Limiting to AGC range badge holders first seems obvious but no idea how you would implement that without some sort of overhead work on you which isn't "fair". Especially Steel Challenge which seems to fill up crazy fast these days.

At first it seems like you could email via the AGC Action Shooting email distribution but I think anyone can sign up for that?

Official word as of today anyway, no more than 50 people allowed on any one range at one time. The Shooting Bays are considered a range and so we will have to abide by it. Should be good for IDPA as it is limited to 36. We will decide on Steel Challenge/Three gun as those matches get closer

Really starting to look like my holding off on buying a range badge might hold true for all of 2020; and possibly forever.

Why is that? Because the AGC is going to follow the governors executive order?

The outdoor Barnes range only holding 50 people at a time is not part of Hogan's decree and makes no sense whatsoever. Parks and Walmart parking lots are not limited to 50 people. Hell, MTA buses are still up and running.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    The outdoor Barnes range only holding 50 people at a time is not part of Hogan's decree and makes no sense whatsoever. Hell, MTA buses are still up and running.

Is that your interpretation of the executive order or is there something written somewhere that specifically denotes no more than 50 people at an INDOOR event? Either way, this is all really easy for those to say who are not the ones subject to prosecution because didn't interpret the executive order in same way that Larry intended it. Remember, everybody up there is a volunteer. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose if they make the wrong call.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Rather than speculate, people can read the actual emergency order here (attached). I think its pretty clear.

https://governor.maryland.gov/2020/...facilities-to-prevent-the-spread-of-covid-19/

Read II and III. It prohibits recreational, leisure, and sporting "gatherings and events." A gathering is "an assembly or meeting, especially a social or festive one or one held for a specific purpose."

A range event like Outlaw Steel is a "gathering or event." A random collection of people who go to the range is not. It does not apply to grocery stores or Costco for the same reason.

Note that under VIII facilities with expected occupancy over 50 people must post details on social distancing and provide the ability to wash hands.

Personal opinion alert: I think some places are closing because of diminished foot traffic and/or the inability to operate with social distancing rules. Some ranges are open, some not. The priority really should be keeping people safe. remember, you may not get sick, but you could be relatively asymptomatic and bring it home to someone who will get pretty sick. It is 3x more contagious and 6x more deadly than the flu. If people take the rules seriously and hunker down, this will be very short. If they flout the rules, we will see more severe actions/restrictions and maybe even checkpoints to prevent interstate travel.

I also realize facts wont prevent people from speculating on MDS

ETA: here is the statement from MGN (https://www.facebook.com/TMGNMD/), I simply put it here as an example of what other places are doing. Freestate I understand closed, but there are other ranges open.

Governor Hogan has ordered that only essential businesses stay open during this time and we believe that the services we provide are essential. We will be remaining open in accordance with the presented limitations to keep everyone safe and healthy.

Since opening, we have always used disinfecting wipes to thoroughly clean all rented ear protection and eye protection. We are asking that if you have your own, to please bring and use your own to reduce the chance of spreading anything. We will also have ear and eye protection for sale - providing well-made long term options as well as inexpensive disposable options.

We will be limiting the amount of customers in the facility and reducing our staffing accordingly, so please be patient if this results in extended waiting times for any services.

Stay connected to our facebook and Instagram for any changes. We will be updating as changes occur. We will be posting our hours daily.

And, yes, I consider gun ranges during emergencies "essential businesses" ... especially given how many people have asked me what gun to buy and how to use it...

Attachments

• Executive-Order-Amending-Large-Gatherings(2).pdf
      210.5 KB · Views: 135

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    That section is why nearly all horse events have been cancelled. Even things where you go out and ride your horse alone over a couple miles long course. They generally get more than 50 people, there's no sanitation facilities, and at some point, those people will gather in groups to chat. Heck, even the Derby has been pushed back.

Let me clarify my stance...
    I fully understand, and agree with, postponing action shooting. I feel the indoor pellet range should be completely closed as well. Limiting people at: the buildings, trap, pistol and 200yd also makes perfect sense. Limiting the Barnes range to 50 people is overkill, as it is a lot of square footage and would be covered under "I" in Hogan's declaration- meaning 250 people.

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Prohibiting-Large-Gatherings.pdf

ETA- I didn't read this file: https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=280070&d=1584451787
    I take back my previous statements and plead ignorance. I apologize for being an ass.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I fully understand, and agree with, postponing action shooting. I feel the indoor pellet range should be completely closed as well. Limiting people at: the buildings, trap, pistol and 200yd also makes perfect sense. Limiting the Barnes range to 50 people is overkill, as it is a lot of square footage and would be covered under "I" in Hogan's declaration- meaning 250 people.

https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Prohibiting-Large-Gatherings.pdf

The amended order made it 50 people. See above

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

ETA- I didn't read this file: https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=280070&d=1584451787
    I take back my previous statements and plead ignorance. I apologize for being an ass.

No need to postpone action shooting, just limit the participants to 50 or less.

For Steel Challenge with possibly a little tweak to Practiscore limit registration to say 49 shooters and if most of them shoot two guns we're back up at the same number of guns we had last month.

Personally I don't usually shoot two when I RO a squad but would certainly do it at the next match to keep the numbers up. Or not, 49 shooters and say 65 guns is not a bad turn out either.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This will shut down AGC so all of the above back and forth is now irrelevant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Hard to say. Most days during the week there are not 10 people there on the Barnes range. The issue really is the safety of the RSOs

During the week maybe but with the panic buying and people at home, more will want to go to the range. You really think AGC is going to want to monitor if there’s 10 or more people at any given range? It will be easier for them to shut down. I hope I’m wrong

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    During the week maybe but with the panic buying and people at home, more will want to go to the range. You really think AGC is going to want to monitor if there’s 10 or more people at any given range? It will be easier for them to shut down. I hope I’m wrong

RSOs cannot count to 10? I mean the idea of an RSO is to actually monitor the range.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Yes but then they will be turning people away. My gut is telling me they will close. JMO

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Seems like the club could make some money renting out individual action bays to individual instructors/ROs, with normal guest fees/administrative hurdles as loose as possible, to instruct new gun owners in the basics, in very small groups or 1-on-1. Lots of noobs out there. Reach out to the LGSes and pitch it as a well-oiled Noob Center. It's outdoors, sunny - perfect for keeping everybody comfortable.

/brainstorming

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Seems like the club could make some money renting out individual action bays to individual instructors/ROs, with normal guest fees/administrative hurdles as loose as possible, to instruct new gun owners in the basics, in very small groups or 1-on-1. Lots of noobs out there. Reach out to the LGSes and pitch it as a well-oiled Noob Center. It's outdoors, sunny - perfect for keeping everybody comfortable.

/brainstorming

Great idea. Too much red tape to sort through at this time.

That said, the AGC has loads of CIOs who are authorized to and do provide firearms training at the AGC. There is actually a Pistol course scheduled for Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom