• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    $129 so I ordered one
    Seems like a dangerous $129 if you have an 870. Don’t want to get hit with constructive intent to make a SBS even though you can buy an 14” non nfa shockwave. I think Scott’s used to sell something similar where there was a stamp or something involved never was super interested.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Seems like a dangerous $129 if you have an 870. Don’t want to get hit with constructive intent to make a SBS even though you can buy an 14” non nfa shockwave. I think Scott’s used to sell something similar where there was a stamp or something involved never was super interested.
    Right?

We should have a thread dedicated to all the folks we know charged with constructive intent.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Right?

We should have a thread dedicated to all the folks we know charged with constructive intent.

Good point, I don’t know anyone personally who was charged with that but the theory is scary enough. I’ve heard you can turn shoe laces into a machine guns too so does that spare pair of shoelaces in my closet mean constructive intent or I’m just too lazy to replace the worn out laces in my boots.

It’s a vague over reach of their authority for sure and for some the thought of loosing everything over something so trivial is ridiculous so it’s easier to stay away.

Anyway the NFA sucks, but I don’t see that going away. I see things getting worse for us if this assault weapons ban passes on the federal level. I skimmed it and was left steaming when i got to the end and saw this.

Chipping away at our rights every day they can.

Attachments

• 1F9D8DD9-46AE-4341-B434-FA39939B8F86.jpeg
      1F9D8DD9-46AE-4341-B434-FA39939B8F86.jpeg
      30.3 KB · Views: 121

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Agreed. I've been wanting to form1 a sbs on a 870 I have for a while. Could never find a factory bbl till AIM listed these. Can't beat the price.
    They're trade ins so I don't expect perfect but whatever. As long as they aren't rusted to hell anything can be refinished

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I’ve heard you can turn shoe laces into a machine guns too so does that spare pair of shoelaces in my closet mean constructive intent or I’m just too lazy to replace the worn out laces in my boots.
    This is why everyone in my house is required to wear flip flops, crocs, slides, or shoes with Velcro. Don’t want any of that “intent” around here! :sarcasm:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I picked one up. I've been thinking of SBR'ing an 870 for a while. I had a perfect candidate but sold it to a friend a while ago. :sad20:

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    Well, that's definitely a must have. What about the forend & rear stock? I like the wood forends, but hard to find originals. Magpul setup on the rear, or maybe the Shockwave Raptor Bird's Head?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I have a sweaty trade in 870 with wood furniture that I'll likely Form 1 and install this on. Originally barrel and extension are pitted anyways.

If you cut the barrel to 12.5 it fits flush with the stock mag tube. Nice look

Redbean

Redbean
    Jan 14, 2017
    Beltsville, Maryland
    I too have a rough trade-in 870 Wingmaster with 18.5 inch barrel with wood forend and (chopped) wood rear pistol stock. I may opt for a complete refinish/parkerize? I'm not sure about the rear stock setup yet. I'd like to go the SBS route too, but have never done that before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom